• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are a mess on the offensive line, and outside of AJ Green the receivers aren't getting any separation. This isn't helping. Obviously, a running game would help open things up, but that hasn't happened this season either.

On defense they have a number of good players, young and old, but can't seem to figure out third down. One of their best players (Burfict) is spending more time collecting fines and dodging suspension than playing football - He's also playing out of position as he's forced to the middle due to Minter's injury. He plays better as a weak side linebacker.

Marvin will quietly leave the team at the end of the year. His contract is up. The real question for Bengals fans and fans of the division is whether the Bengals are serious about improving under a new coach. They likely need to go outside the organization for some fresh blood and fresh ideas. A culture change could pay off almost instantly with some of the talent on the team. Unfortunately, I believe they will go the cheap route and hire Paul Guenther (the current DC) and spiral even further into the abyss.

It's probably been said 10,000 times in your Bengals folder already, but it's time for a new voice in that locker room.

I understand they felt like they had to give those draft picks some g ames and see if they improve...but Whitworth should still be a Bengal. I can see trying to break in a young RT opposite Whit, but going young at both spots at the same time based on their playing history I thought was going to have a predictable result.

Billings...what is his role? I was kind of expecting him to be a base starter at least and maybe come out in nickel...2nd yr player I liked in the draft.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably been said 10,000 times in your Bengals folder already, but it's time for a new voice in that locker room.

I understand they felt like they had to give those draft picks some g ames and see if they improve...but Whitworth should still be a Bengal. I can see trying to break in a young RT opposite Whit, but going young at both spots at the same time based on their playing history I thought was going to have a predictable result.

Billings...what is his role? I was kind of expecting him to be a base starter at least and maybe come out in nickel...2nd yr player I liked in the draft.

Billings is starting to play more of a role on the team. I still think he's going to be good. There are some good young defensive players on the roster. And there is some talent on offense. A new offensive line and a culture change would go a long way. I'm just not holding my breath. This is the Mike Brown Bengals - They're pretty stubborn when it comes to change.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billings is starting to play more of a role on the team. I still think he's going to be good. There are some good young defensive players on the roster. And there is some talent on offense. A new offensive line and a culture change would go a long way. I'm just not holding my breath. This is the Mike Brown Bengals - They're pretty stubborn when it comes to change.

Okay...Face and I thought Billings was the NT PIT was going to go after until they discovered Hargrave. I few him as a run stopper...if he develops into more than that it's bonus.

Jackson @ CB looks like he's ready to be an impact player.

No doubt there is a lot of talent on both sides of the ball...OL I knew would take some time, but aside from that, I'm in a fog on the record....of course all this leads to...M-A-R-V-I-N needs to go!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 Recap

PIT...8-2, W 40-17 vs TN...the Steelers finally get 4th Qtr breather at home on TNF...once again...the road team got hammered...this time it worked in the Steelers favor. With NE crushing OAK in Mexico City to match PIT at 8-2...all signs are pointing to week 15 being for the #1 seed.

Next up...GB....another National TV game.

BAL...5-5, W 23-0 @ GB...we got this game and I watched maybe a QTR of it...Hundley basically wet the bed and the vet BAL DEF took advantage of him. The BAL OFC still doesn't look like a playoff team, but as of today the Ravens are in the 6th spot. That will make for a fierce PIT vs BAL 2.0 in week 14.

Next up...HOU

CIN...4-6, W 20-17 @ DEN...solid win. Even with no QB, a win in DEN vs that DEF is a great work. Bengals stay a game back of BAL...IF they hang around, the week 17 rematch with BAL could be interesting.

Next up...CLE

CLE...0-10, L 7-19 vs JAX...you have to give the Browns DEF a lot of credit for continuing to fight. This game was hanging in the balance for a long time, but OFC can't deliver. Kizer imploded once again. I still think you keep trotting him out there for the experience, but Hue can't survive another rookie QB in '18...look for them to be in the Cousins sweepstakes...maybe Case Keenum.

Next up...CIN

I think we're going to have to wait another week or so to see the cream rise in the AFC, but it's starting to look like BUF and MIA are done. KC will probably still take the 3 seed, but 2 from the North in the dance is starting to take shape.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 Recap

PIT...8-2, W 40-17 vs TN...the Steelers finally get 4th Qtr breather at home on TNF...once again...the road team got hammered...this time it worked in the Steelers favor. With NE crushing OAK in Mexico City to match PIT at 8-2...all signs are pointing to week 15 being for the #1 seed.

Next up...GB....another National TV game.

BAL...5-5, W 23-0 @ GB...we got this game and I watched maybe a QTR of it...Hundley basically wet the bed and the vet BAL DEF took advantage of him. The BAL OFC still doesn't look like a playoff team, but as of today the Ravens are in the 6th spot. That will make for a fierce PIT vs BAL 2.0 in week 14.

Next up...HOU

CIN...4-6, W 20-17 @ DEN...solid win. Even with no QB, a win in DEN vs that DEF is a great work. Bengals stay a game back of BAL...IF they hang around, the week 17 rematch with BAL could be interesting.

Next up...CLE

CLE...0-10, L 7-19 vs JAX...you have to give the Browns DEF a lot of credit for continuing to fight. This game was hanging in the balance for a long time, but OFC can't deliver. Kizer imploded once again. I still think you keep trotting him out there for the experience, but Hue can't survive another rookie QB in '18...look for them to be in the Cousins sweepstakes...maybe Case Keenum.

Next up...CIN

I think we're going to have to wait another week or so to see the cream rise in the AFC, but it's starting to look like BUF and MIA are done. KC will probably still take the 3 seed, but 2 from the North in the dance is starting to take shape.

As I've said here before, outside of the top seeds in the AFC the conference is weak. It's almost comical that the Bengals are sitting one game out of the wildcard with the type of season they have had. But, that's the reality and they'll be given a chance to capitalize over the final weeks of the season.

Bengals play 3 straight home games. Could be interesting.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said here before, outside of the top seeds in the AFC the conference is weak. It's almost comical that the Bengals are sitting one game out of the wildcard with the type of season they have had. But, that's the reality and they'll be given a chance to capitalize over the final weeks of the season.

Bengals play 3 straight home games. Could be interesting.

AFC...I think the records are maybe worst than the talent in a few cases. The loss the TN hurts CIN...that leaves them no margin for error...imo CIN cannot lose another AFC gm and make it unless things really go south in TN or BAL.

NFC...for all the talk that is the superior conference this yr...outside of the DIV leaders...maybe CAR is solid...we're going to find out about SEA tonight. DAL and ATL are fragile teams...DET?

The separation at the top is already happening...but the middle of the pack is still bunched.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC...I think the records are maybe worst than the talent in a few cases. The loss the TN hurts CIN...that leaves them no margin for error...imo CIN cannot lose another AFC gm and make it unless things really go south in TN or BAL.

NFC...for all the talk that is the superior conference this yr...outside of the DIV leaders...maybe CAR is solid...we're going to find out about SEA tonight. DAL and ATL are fragile teams...DET?

The separation at the top is already happening...but the middle of the pack is still bunched.

Which cases? Pittsburgh, New England and Jacksonville all have good records.... Though, I'd be happy to wager against Blake Bortles in a playoff game.

KC is a mystery. For that team to only put up 9 points in New York is not a good show. They have disappeared at times this year.

Tennessee has been blown out of the water a few different times this year. At this point their signature win is either Seattle or Jacksonville. I see them as a pretty weak wildcard at this point.

The second wildcard will come from one of the following teams - Ravens, Bills, Jets, Bengals, Chargers, Dolphins, Texans. I think the most talented of that bunch is the Chargers but they would likely have to make it with only 8 wins. I just don't see the talent in the bottom seeds.

Contrast that to two years ago when Pittsburgh was a 6 seed and KC was a 5. Those were talented teams. I think the AFC has a few good teams but a lot of mediocrity after the top squads.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which cases? Pittsburgh, New England and Jacksonville all have good records.... Though, I'd be happy to wager against Blake Bortles in a playoff game.

KC is a mystery. For that team to only put up 9 points in New York is not a good show. They have disappeared at times this year.

Tennessee has been blown out of the water a few different times this year. At this point their signature win is either Seattle or Jacksonville. I see them as a pretty weak wildcard at this point.

The second wildcard will come from one of the following teams - Ravens, Bills, Jets, Bengals, Chargers, Dolphins, Texans. I think the most talented of that bunch is the Chargers but they would likely have to make it with only 8 wins. I just don't see the talent in the bottom seeds.

Contrast that to two years ago when Pittsburgh was a 6 seed and KC was a 5. Those were talented teams. I think the AFC has a few good teams but a lot of mediocrity after the top squads.

Namely, CIN, and to a lessor degree, SD.

I think CIN talent is no worse than 9 wins...depending on the young OTs. I think BAL is probably getting everything out of their talent relative to record, but I would rather face JAX in the playoffs than the Ravens.

TN...I agree. They are the 5 seed right now...they might give the 4 (KC) a run because I don't see KC running away from anybody, but I would take BAL over JAX in the 3 v 6 game.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Namely, CIN, and to a lessor degree, SD.

I think CIN talent is no worse than 9 wins...depending on the young OTs. I think BAL is probably getting everything out of their talent relative to record, but I would rather face JAX in the playoffs than the Ravens.

TN...I agree. They are the 5 seed right now...they might give the 4 (KC) a run because I don't see KC running away from anybody, but I would take BAL over JAX in the 3 v 6 game.

TN can't give KC a run..... Jax will win that division and KC will win the west. The top 4 seeds are division winners. TN is likely going to be the best wildcard (by record). They also hold a tie-breaker over the Ravens who would likely be a 6 if they were to make it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN can't give KC a run..... Jax will win that division and KC will win the west. The top 4 seeds are division winners. TN is likely going to be the best wildcard (by record). They also hold a tie-breaker over the Ravens who would likely be a 6 if they were to make it.

Maybe I was jumping ahead...TN @ KC...yes, if the season ended today, they would play the 4 vs 5 game. TN is built to stop the run, they have some pass rushing, but they're fairly weak in coverage. A Smith is not really an air it out type QB. Couple that with TN is great running the ball and KC doesn't stop the run real well so the matchup makes me think that would be a close game.

I think KC would win because Mariota is not ready to go on the road and beat a DEF like KC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 Recap

PIT...9-2, W, 31-28 vs GB...the Steelers squeaked by the Packers at home on a last second FG. Not what the fan base was expecting from a back up QB, but the win keeps them in control of the North and on a path for showdown for control of the AFC. OFC is looking better the last couple of weeks.

Next up...@ CIN.

BAL...6-5, W, 23-16 vs HOU...the Ravens played another gritty type game on MNF and came away with the win to keep them in the DIV conversation and in the 6th seed slot. OFC is still a work in progress from what I can see, but the DEF is playing at a championship level the last few weeks.

Next up...DET

CIN...5-6, W, 30-16 vs CLE...the Bengals have won 2 in a row albeit against teams w/o a proven QB...these are the games you must close out in the NFL. With their season hanging in the balance, the Bengals are finding their best OFC weapon might be rookie Joe Mixon.

Next up...PIT

CLE...0-11, L 16-30 @ CIN...what do you say after 11 consecutive losses? The Browns just have to keep competing. the biggest news coming out of CLE is oft suspended WR Josh Gordon has finally been reinstated and will be active for a football game...if they are smart, keep the kid, see if he can the Coleman/Gordoncombo yield anything positive. Hypothetical but a Coleman/Gordon/Barkley (PSU RB) could be enticing for a Cousins, or Keenum.

Next up...@ LAC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 Recap

PIT...9-2, W, 31-28 vs GB...the Steelers squeaked by the Packers at home on a last second FG. Not what the fan base was expecting from a back up QB, but the win keeps them in control of the North and on a path for showdown for control of the AFC. OFC is looking better the last couple of weeks.

Next up...@ CIN.

BAL...6-5, W, 23-16 vs HOU...the Ravens played another gritty type game on MNF and came away with the win to keep them in the DIV conversation and in the 6th seed slot. OFC is still a work in progress from what I can see, but the DEF is playing at a championship level the last few weeks.

Next up...DET

CIN...5-6, W, 30-16 vs CLE...the Bengals have won 2 in a row albeit against teams w/o a proven QB...these are the games you must close out in the NFL. With their season hanging in the balance, the Bengals are finding their best OFC weapon might be rookie Joe Mixon.

Next up...PIT

CLE...0-11, L 16-30 @ CIN...what do you say after 11 consecutive losses? The Browns just have to keep competing. the biggest news coming out of CLE is oft suspended WR Josh Gordon has finally been reinstated and will be active for a football game...if they are smart, keep the kid, see if he can the Coleman/Gordoncombo yield anything positive. Hypothetical but a Coleman/Gordon/Barkley (PSU RB) could be enticing for a Cousins, or Keenum.

Next up...@ LAC
PIT@CIN... Might be looking too far into it, but I honestly think there is too much anticipation over the Dec17th game against the Pats and the Steelers are going to overlook these next couple games. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear it'll happen. If they lose to the Bungals, and the Ravens pull within 1 game, that'll put a lot more pressure on the Dec 10th game against Baltimore. But that could be a good thing. Steelers need to take care of business in the division before they can dream about home field in January.

DET@BAL... Lions just got the wind knocked out of them at home. Bad timing for a team about to hit a stretch of games consisting of 3/5 on the road. Still they'll look to rebound with all of their remaining games being very winnable. BAL & CIN look like the toughest games remaining. Ravens are quietly sneaking into the postseason, but haven't quite found an offense. But we've seen lots of teams over the years reach the postseason on the back of a great defense. This team could be dangerous.

CLE@LAC... Chargers are heating up. Will be interesting to see how Gordon is used in his 1st game back. Browns have nothing to lose at this point and I think Kizer could take off with Gordon's talent on the field. Kizer looked good against Cincy before getting concussed. He was 7/11 on throws over 10yds. Just think what adding a legitimate (assuming he's up to the task) vertical threat will do for that passing game. Chargers D has the talent to shut them down though so I'm not expecting fireworks just yet.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, we always have to bank for at least 1 division loss on the road. What a win it would be for Cincinnati to beat us on primetime. This isn't the same Bengals team we beat in October. But I still think we win this game. Sunday night against the Ravens is gonna be tough next week too. I think we will end up losing one of those games but I don't think it's this weeks matchup against the Bengals. I see a win, albeit close (again), but I see a win in Cincy over the Bengals.

Has anyone noticed who the 2 only teams are to have more than 1 player in the top ten of all purpose yards in the NFL? New Orleans and Pittsburgh. Oh yeah baby!! 9-2...here comes 10-2. You're going down Cincinnati!!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Pittsburgh will be well-prepared for MNF and the Bengals. I think they care a great deal about the Bengals and they like beating us.

The Bengals remain a flawed team. The offensive line is doing just enough to generate some points and Dalton has been quietly underrated the last few weeks of the season. Mixon is starting to emerge a little - I think he would be a star behind a competent offensive line. A second receiving threat still hasn't emerged and that spells trouble against the Steelers. I suspect the Steelers defense will be happy to rush 4 against a suspect line and shade coverage toward AJ all game. Unless LaFell or one of the other Bengals receivers makes some plays, I think it will be another day where we can't sustain drives.

The Bengals defense quietly gave up a ton of yards to a bad Browns offense last week. They've been good at limiting points, but sooner or later some of these issues will catch up to them. The young pass rushers are very good and we're getting some quality play out of the corners at times. And believe it or not, we've actually done fairly well against Antonio Brown lately. What scares me for Monday is the Pittsburgh run game.

I think it will be a close game until midway through the third when the Steelers running game slowly takes over. Steelers win 27-17.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Pittsburgh will be well-prepared for MNF and the Bengals. I think they care a great deal about the Bengals and they like beating us.

The Bengals remain a flawed team. The offensive line is doing just enough to generate some points and Dalton has been quietly underrated the last few weeks of the season. Mixon is starting to emerge a little - I think he would be a star behind a competent offensive line. A second receiving threat still hasn't emerged and that spells trouble against the Steelers. I suspect the Steelers defense will be happy to rush 4 against a suspect line and shade coverage toward AJ all game. Unless LaFell or one of the other Bengals receivers makes some plays, I think it will be another day where we can't sustain drives.

The Bengals defense quietly gave up a ton of yards to a bad Browns offense last week. They've been good at limiting points, but sooner or later some of these issues will catch up to them. The young pass rushers are very good and we're getting some quality play out of the corners at times. And believe it or not, we've actually done fairly well against Antonio Brown lately. What scares me for Monday is the Pittsburgh run game.

I think it will be a close game until midway through the third when the Steelers running game slowly takes over. Steelers win 27-17.
Without Joe Haden the Steelers secondary is getting gouged for big plays. They have allowed 5 50yd TD plays over the last 2 weeks alone. Mike Mitchell is an embarrassment to the FS position and its starting to show. Burns too has had a rough 2nd half of the season. Even without a true #2 receiving option the Bengals shouldn't have any issues moving the ball. Dalton/Lazor will need to expose those matchups though. If they can move Green around enough to figure out the rotation then it should be easy sledding. But first they will need to soften the defensive front or else Dalton will have a rough game.

I hope the Steelers will be prepared for this game. But honestly I think they are ripe for the plucking. Should be an exciting game though since both offenses seem to be hitting their stride. I think it will boil down to whoever wins the 3rd down/RZ percentages (typically where Haley fails). I don't believe it will be a field position battle like the usual AFCN bouts.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Joe Haden the Steelers secondary is getting gouged for big plays. They have allowed 5 50yd TD plays over the last 2 weeks alone. Mike Mitchell is an embarrassment to the FS position and its starting to show. Burns too has had a rough 2nd half of the season. Even without a true #2 receiving option the Bengals shouldn't have any issues moving the ball. Dalton/Lazor will need to expose those matchups though. If they can move Green around enough to figure out the rotation then it should be easy sledding. But first they will need to soften the defensive front or else Dalton will have a rough game.

I hope the Steelers will be prepared for this game. But honestly I think they are ripe for the plucking. Should be an exciting game though since both offenses seem to be hitting their stride. I think it will boil down to whoever wins the 3rd down/RZ percentages (typically where Haley fails). I don't believe it will be a field position battle like the usual AFCN bouts.

The Bengals have been okay on D in the redzone...... They have been downright comical on 3rd down - On both sides of the ball. If that trend continues, they have no chance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT@CIN... Might be looking too far into it, but I honestly think there is too much anticipation over the Dec17th game against the Pats and the Steelers are going to overlook these next couple games. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear it'll happen. If they lose to the Bungals, and the Ravens pull within 1 game, that'll put a lot more pressure on the Dec 10th game against Baltimore. But that could be a good thing. Steelers need to take care of business in the division before they can dream about home field in January.

DET@BAL... Lions just got the wind knocked out of them at home. Bad timing for a team about to hit a stretch of games consisting of 3/5 on the road. Still they'll look to rebound with all of their remaining games being very winnable. BAL & CIN look like the toughest games remaining. Ravens are quietly sneaking into the postseason, but haven't quite found an offense. But we've seen lots of teams over the years reach the postseason on the back of a great defense. This team could be dangerous.

CLE@LAC... Chargers are heating up. Will be interesting to see how Gordon is used in his 1st game back. Browns have nothing to lose at this point and I think Kizer could take off with Gordon's talent on the field. Kizer looked good against Cincy before getting concussed. He was 7/11 on throws over 10yds. Just think what adding a legitimate (assuming he's up to the task) vertical threat will do for that passing game. Chargers D has the talent to shut them down though so I'm not expecting fireworks just yet.

I was surprised to see Tomlin make any reference to the NE game, but there is something out there about "fireworks"...Tomlin typically has them ready for DIV games, and being on the road for MNF they will want to put on a good show....I have to assume snap experience is helping the CIN OL come together, but I just think right now the Steeler DL has an edge on the CIN OL...we'll see how that plays out.

BAL...this will be an interesting game because it will be the 1st proven QB the Ravens have faced since, well, week 4 and Ben. Ravens are a gritty bunch on DEF especially, but when you look at the QBs they have faced this season...you would think they would be better than 6-5.

CLE...if I were Hue, I'd play Gordon the rest of the way...and I'd keep him next yr too. There's literally nothing to lose. If he's 90% of his game, add the young TE, Coleman and try to win some games. You add a Barkley next yr and a QB with some consistency...Case Keenum, no reason the Browns need to stay in the cellar.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals have been okay on D in the redzone...... They have been downright comical on 3rd down - On both sides of the ball. If that trend continues, they have no chance.
Steelers per usual are leaning hard on their stars for wins, but arguably still lack a true contender formula. They have yet to play well in 4 complete quarters. The TNF game against the Titans was the closest we saw to that, but still wasn't what they could be capable of.

warning... :deadhorse:

IMO its more of a reflection on Todd Haley than anyone else. We've been painting that elephant in the room different shades of red on a weekly basis. Given the arsenal he has at his disposal it is maddening to see how vanilla Haley's playcalling is. To our shock & amazement we did see that Haley was using different weapons against the Packers than he usually does. That resulted in the rare over-.500 conversion percentage on 3rd downs, and a perfect 3/3 in the RZ. He has also started using better WR route schemes a few weeks ago that free up players rather than forcing them to win battles. If he can continue this recent formula then maybe, just maybe this offense will be championship-caliber.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to see Tomlin make any reference to the NE game, but there is something out there about "fireworks"...Tomlin typically has them ready for DIV games, and being on the road for MNF they will want to put on a good show....I have to assume snap experience is helping the CIN OL come together, but I just think right now the Steeler DL has an edge on the CIN OL...we'll see how that plays out.

BAL...this will be an interesting game because it will be the 1st proven QB the Ravens have faced since, well, week 4 and Ben. Ravens are a gritty bunch on DEF especially, but when you look at the QBs they have faced this season...you would think they would be better than 6-5.

CLE...if I were Hue, I'd play Gordon the rest of the way...and I'd keep him next yr too. There's literally nothing to lose. If he's 90% of his game, add the young TE, Coleman and try to win some games. You add a Barkley next yr and a QB with some consistency...Case Keenum, no reason the Browns need to stay in the cellar.
Pretty rare to see Tomlin deviate from his normal coachspeak. But he seemed glad to with is old pal Dungy as if the cameras weren't rolling. But he didn't say much outside of the obvious. Just glad he wasn't caught calling the Pats assholes again lol.

BAL... Good point on the QBs. Hadn't really noticed, but you're right, they should be better than 6-5 with that slate of opponents. Everyone seems to be trying to amp up the "Joe could catch fire" theory, but I'm not seeing it. That offense is still in shambles. They have at least found some sort of consistency with Collins, but the passing game has been pathetic all year. Typically Flacco reserves his bad games for the road, but this year he's been pedestrian at home. He doesn't appear to be in decline, rather the tools at his disposal aren't up to par. Couple that with a patchwork O-line and a bad OC, they don't have much of a chance at winning on the back of their offense.

CLE... Very surprised to see them still winless. They should have been able to beat the Colts, Jets and Titans. But like so many years before it, they continue the QB carousel and try too hard to reach for wins rather than sticking to the original plan. I still believe Kizer is a good QB. Starting Kessler was more damaging than good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy...Sanu would look good in a Bengals uni about now. Playing well for the Falcons.

DEC 17 is circled on a lot of calendars already, but I don't think PIT will be overlooking CIN...too heated rivalry games back to back should be more than enough to get these guy to focus on CIN alone this week.

With the full complement of weapons, Eifert, AJ, Mixon, etc...I would be more concerned, but it's a DIV game, on the road...you never know.