• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eifert is in jeopardy of missing the opener. That would mean his 2016 debut would be in Pittsburgh! Hope he's ready by then because the Steelers are lookin to set the tone on the AFCN.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough break.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poppycock !!!!! Hensley is a total buffoon, he just says things to get a little attention from outside of Bmore because no one pays him any mind around here......
Bmore will be there, Cincy will lay another egg and it will be Pitts and Bmore til the fat lady sings....

4bf1b96d79c630414fd8fa1534210288.jpg :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppycock !!!!! Hensley is a total buffoon, he just says things to get a little attention from outside of Bmore because no one pays him any mind around here......
Bmore will be there, Cincy will lay another egg and it will be Pitts and Bmore til the fat lady sings....

View attachment 132294 :D
I never cared for Hensley when he covered the Steelers a few years back. I really like the newer guy, Jeremy Fowler. He writes great material.

I'm interested to see how Dalton fairs with a newer group of WR's... LaFell & the young guy Boyd. Should give Dalton an opportunity to prove his worth. I think Bmore is back into contention ~9 wins.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Football Life on Chad Johnson? lol. That'll be the first one that I DON'T watch... smh

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never cared for Hensley when he covered the Steelers a few years back. I really like the newer guy, Jeremy Fowler. He writes great material.

I'm interested to see how Dalton fairs with a newer group of WR's... LaFell & the young guy Boyd. Should give Dalton an opportunity to prove his worth. I think Bmore is back into contention ~9 wins.

2016...of course this could and probably will change after camp.

PIT...I hate to put the pressure on the boys, but barring a major injury, this season might be their best chance to the short road (DIV winner & 1 seed) back to the SB.

Why? out of DIV rd games...WAS, PHI, MIA, IND, BUF...they will probably be favored in all 5...I expect 4-1, should not do worse than 3-2.

out of DIV home games...KC, NYJ, NE, DAL, NYG...their toughest opponents they get at home and they again should be favored in all but 1, I expect 4-1 at worse here.

DIV...they basically need to figure out a way to split with BAL and CIN and sweep CLE...4-2

11-5...if they beat NE...that might be good enough for the 1 seed, else 2 seed.

BAL...no question the Ravens will be better. They fixed the back end of the DEF with Weddle, DL is solid, ILBs are very good, but they still have major questions on the edge...D'vill says he's healthy now, but Gilbert may have him figured out finally...Suggs coming off his 2nd major injury, can't be the same player...OFC starts a rookie LT, has TEs out the wazzu, but they're missing a legit #2 wr and #1 is going on 40 y/o...they need a young wr (most likely Aiken or rookie) to step up quickly, Wallace is a limited player for certain now...I think 9 wins is top side.

CIN...idt they have an 11 win team this yr. Eifert will be iffy to start the season...nut case, Burfict will miss the 1st 3 games, and they lose WR2 &3...they promoted Zampese to try an keep some continuity on the OFC for the departed Hue Jackson, I figure them to try and pound it and playaction...DL is still one of the best in the game and they got a solid run stopping DT in the draft. WJ3 was a coveted CB, but they just paid Adam Jones a ton, and Kirkpatrick is noted to be ready to start...as well as Dennard, should be interesting to see how that sorts out....9 wins is my projection, top side 10.

CLE...lost too much imo to be much more than a 5 win team...that's IF RG3 finds a game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016...of course this could and probably will change after camp.

PIT...I hate to put the pressure on the boys, but barring a major injury, this season might be their best chance to the short road (DIV winner & 1 seed) back to the SB.

Why? out of DIV rd games...WAS, PHI, MIA, IND, BUF...they will probably be favored in all 5...I expect 4-1, should not do worse than 3-2.

out of DIV home games...KC, NYJ, NE, DAL, NYG...their toughest opponents they get at home and they again should be favored in all but 1, I expect 4-1 at worse here.

DIV...they basically need to figure out a way to split with BAL and CIN and sweep CLE...4-2

11-5...if they beat NE...that might be good enough for the 1 seed, else 2 seed.

BAL...no question the Ravens will be better. They fixed the back end of the DEF with Weddle, DL is solid, ILBs are very good, but they still have major questions on the edge...D'vill says he's healthy now, but Gilbert may have him figured out finally...Suggs coming off his 2nd major injury, can't be the same player...OFC starts a rookie LT, has TEs out the wazzu, but they're missing a legit #2 wr and #1 is going on 40 y/o...they need a young wr (most likely Aiken or rookie) to step up quickly, Wallace is a limited player for certain now...I think 9 wins is top side.

CIN...idt they have an 11 win team this yr. Eifert will be iffy to start the season...nut case, Burfict will miss the 1st 3 games, and they lose WR2 &3...they promoted Zampese to try an keep some continuity on the OFC for the departed Hue Jackson, I figure them to try and pound it and playaction...DL is still one of the best in the game and they got a solid run stopping DT in the draft. WJ3 was a coveted CB, but they just paid Adam Jones a ton, and Kirkpatrick is noted to be ready to start...as well as Dennard, should be interesting to see how that sorts out....9 wins is my projection, top side 10.

CLE...lost too much imo to be much more than a 5 win team...that's IF RG3 finds a game.
Good analysis per usual ATL! :suds:

Im' thinkin 11-5 or 12-4 for the Stillers. I'm really hoping they can get a full season out of both Ben & Bell. Pretty obvious statement, but a lot rides on that.

BAL... That defense is at least 1 or 2 more seasons away from becoming a threat again. Weddle will be a good stop gap player to shore up the back end until they can groom a viable replacement. I find it hard to believe that either Suggs or D'vill will ever make a consistent impact. I'm sure we will see flashes of their old selves but over the course of 16 games I doubt they will strike fear into anyone but divisional opponents. I'm still wondering why they picked up Benjamin Watson during the offseason. They already have 2-3 starting caliber TE's so it just doesn't make sense? Unless they see 1 or 2 of them as more of a hybrid. Gillmore is definitely only a short yardage/jump ball (RZ) type TE. He's slow but has good hands. Williams should be able to become the main guy unless Pitta is back to full health. Should be interesting to see if all 4 make the final 53. Doubt it.

CIN... This will be a good year to see if Dalton has made that 'next step' as both a QB & a leader. There was a little bit of turnover with his supporting cast, but none more important than Hue leaving. He will gain a lot of respect in my book if he can make continue the same production this year. I'll have my eyes on Boyd this season. He's a sleeper in my book. LaFell could turn out to be a great pickup as well. I think in terms of talent, LaFell is just as good as either of M Jones or M Sanu that just left. But he's older. We'll have to see how much gas he has left in the tank. I don't see WJ3 getting much work as a rookie. I think this is Kirkpatrick's last season in Cincy. Writing was on the wall as soon as WJ3's name was seen on the draft card. Dennard has yet to show anything but IIRC he hasn't been healthy enough. I do think this team will take a step back this season. The hangover from their disappointing loss last postseason will linger over their heads. Having Burfict suspending might actually be a good thing for them while they pick up the pieces.

CLE... lol. Headed towards another dumpster fire season. I wouldn't doubt Hue has some tricks up his sleeve to surprise some people, but he doesn't have the ponies to make any lasting impact. I would be surprised if RG3 lasts more than 4 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis per usual ATL! :suds:

Im' thinkin 11-5 or 12-4 for the Stillers. I'm really hoping they can get a full season out of both Ben & Bell. Pretty obvious statement, but a lot rides on that.

BAL... That defense is at least 1 or 2 more seasons away from becoming a threat again. Weddle will be a good stop gap player to shore up the back end until they can groom a viable replacement. I find it hard to believe that either Suggs or D'vill will ever make a consistent impact. I'm sure we will see flashes of their old selves but over the course of 16 games I doubt they will strike fear into anyone but divisional opponents. I'm still wondering why they picked up Benjamin Watson during the offseason. They already have 2-3 starting caliber TE's so it just doesn't make sense? Unless they see 1 or 2 of them as more of a hybrid. Gillmore is definitely only a short yardage/jump ball (RZ) type TE. He's slow but has good hands. Williams should be able to become the main guy unless Pitta is back to full health. Should be interesting to see if all 4 make the final 53. Doubt it.

CIN... This will be a good year to see if Dalton has made that 'next step' as both a QB & a leader. There was a little bit of turnover with his supporting cast, but none more important than Hue leaving. He will gain a lot of respect in my book if he can make continue the same production this year. I'll have my eyes on Boyd this season. He's a sleeper in my book. LaFell could turn out to be a great pickup as well. I think in terms of talent, LaFell is just as good as either of M Jones or M Sanu that just left. But he's older. We'll have to see how much gas he has left in the tank. I don't see WJ3 getting much work as a rookie. I think this is Kirkpatrick's last season in Cincy. Writing was on the wall as soon as WJ3's name was seen on the draft card. Dennard has yet to show anything but IIRC he hasn't been healthy enough. I do think this team will take a step back this season. The hangover from their disappointing loss last postseason will linger over their heads. Having Burfict suspending might actually be a good thing for them while they pick up the pieces.

CLE... lol. Headed towards another dumpster fire season. I wouldn't doubt Hue has some tricks up his sleeve to surprise some people, but he doesn't have the ponies to make any lasting impact. I would be surprised if RG3 lasts more than 4 games.

BAL...agree 100%...I think they are going to play a lot of younger players fairly early this yr. I heard that Webb is moving from CB to S and Elam might not make that team. I've also heard they like what they see in rookie CB, Tavon Young so maybe he's one that plays early.

TEs...5 are listed now, and some reports say they might keep 4...I've read some reports that Pitta is about as healthy as he will get so they've kept him around to see for sure...Williams is expected to get a lot of snaps, if not be the outright starter. This kid Waller, rookie is the hybrid.

Edge rushers...big questions here. D'vil is supposed to be healthy, but he's 32ish and so is Suggs...this is an area they have invested high picks, and I think we're going to see a platoon type situation....especially if they start slow record wise.

CIN...Dalton's got the tools to be a good QB, but to take that next step and be the man with a rookie OC...idk...they clearly stayed inhouse with the OC to keep it as close to norm as possible for him, we'll have to see. IMO LaFell is a step back from Marvin Jones...Sanu for whatever reason just never got the targets you would expect for a guy his size....the big blow there is Eifert...word is he's going to miss some early games.

CLE...I'm one of those that thought RG3 was a good move, but at the same time I thought they would reach a little higher than Kessler for the QB of the future. I actually think RG3 has a chance to play well under Jackson, but well won't be enough with that cast to win more than 5 games...look for CLE to be back at the top of the draft and this time they will probably go QB in the 1st round...I don't expect RG3 to be there next yr.

Geeze...long winded again...slow morning in the office today...cranking up tomorrow and Friday I'm told...ready for this long weekend...played last weekend in 100 deg temps...not doing that again! I expect to be off the course by noon.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that Cincinnati will be predicted to finish 3rd in the AFC-N. The predictions will say that Dalton can't be trusted, coaching changes will hurt, new players untested, and a hangover from a disappointing postseason.
It's essentially the same exact article that has been written every offseason since 2011.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that Cincinnati will be predicted to finish 3rd in the AFC-N. The predictions will say that Dalton can't be trusted, coaching changes will hurt, new players untested, and a hangover from a disappointing postseason.
It's essentially the same exact article that has been written every offseason since 2011.
Well what do YOU think they will do this season is the real question? We always welcome insider knowledge to the discussion.