• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Yep... Face and I were high on the this guy and the Steelers showed interest. I think the reason he dropped...'16 was a stocked DL draft and most people thought he was run stopper and not much else. I heard through the grapevine that coach Mitch was didn't think the kid would be a playmaker at this level but was real high on Hargrave....sure enough the Steeler took Hargrave with Billings still on the board...one of the few picks I've ever gotten right.

Still, as a 34 run stopper I thought he had more value than 4th round. As a 43 DT...does he have the lateral movement you want to see? I think he'll be as good as Peko.
the 4th round is what makes me think there's something up

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 4th round is what makes me think there's something up

Not positive but he might've been coming off injury of some sort....I know he went down in his rookie yr, don't know if was a fresh injury or lingering from college. Either way, running stopping DL that can't rush the passer are starting to be 4r rd or later type picks.

I think he will be better than McCullers.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore radio station 98 Rock the flagship station of the Ravens reported this morning that Ravens QB Joe Flacco will miss at least the first couple weeks of training camp with a back injury suffered while lifting weights. There was speculation by NFL news organizations (ESPN, NFL Network) insiders that Flacco could miss the start of the regular season with the injury. Joe either had an MRI last night or is scheduled for one this morning. There will be more news about this when the Ravens release the results of the MRI.

This is not good news for the Ravens as we all know how fickle back injuries can be!!!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore radio station 98 Rock the flagship station of the Ravens reported this morning that Ravens QB Joe Flacco will miss at least the first couple weeks of training camp with a back injury suffered while lifting weights. There was speculation by NFL news organizations (ESPN, NFL Network) insiders that Flacco could miss the start of the regular season with the injury. Joe either had an MRI last night or is scheduled for one this morning. There will be more news about this when the Ravens release the results of the MRI.

This is not good news for the Ravens as we all know how fickle back injuries can be!!!
for some reason I just dont feel bad for them ..I dont know why but i dont feel bad

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Ravens really sign an Arena Football QB? lol oh boy

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for some reason I just dont feel bad for them ..I dont know why but i dont feel bad

The hits just keep on comin' for them... What a shame

They've already lost a handful of guys IIRC... Off the top of my head I know Tavon Young (CB) was already lost for the year due to an ACL tear.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would be crazy not to pursue him. He's a better qb than Mallett. He's also a guy that has always received high marks from coaches in terms of studying and putting in effort. And B-More is stable enough a franchise that the 'distraction' associated with last year's political actions would be pretty minor.

If the Bengals didn't already have a terrific back-up, I'd be rooting for them to sign Kap.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be crazy not to pursue him. He's a better qb than Mallett. He's also a guy that has always received high marks from coaches in terms of studying and putting in effort. And B-More is stable enough a franchise that the 'distraction' associated with last year's political actions would be pretty minor.

If the Bengals didn't already have a terrific back-up, I'd be rooting for them to sign Kap.
I agree! A stable franchise would be better suited for Kaep. I wouldn't mind him on the Steelers one bit. He's a HUGE/MONUMENTAL upgrade over that putz Landry Jones.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word I heard from Baltimore media this morning is the Ravens' FO is waiting on news of Flacco's rehab progress. Which in translation means waiting to see if he improves or will miss more time than originally thought. I got the impression that when they know for sure that Flacco will miss more than the first 2 reg season games and can be placed on 8-game IR, they'll look at other options (Kap) at QB. If he'll be back during the first half of the season, then they have no interest in Kap. Of course, they're gambling that another team doesn't develop a pressing need first and signs Kap before they can. Only time will tell if that gamble pays off or not.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Ravens really sign an Arena Football QB? lol oh boy
Yup! They're waiting to know how soon Flacco will be back before seeking quality help. I hope that comes back to bite them in the ass!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word I heard from Baltimore media this morning is the Ravens' FO is waiting on news of Flacco's rehab progress. Which in translation means waiting to see if he improves or will miss more time than originally thought. I got the impression that when they know for sure that Flacco will miss more than the first 2 reg season games and can be placed on 8-game IR, they'll look at other options (Kap) at QB. If he'll be back during the first half of the season, then they have no interest in Kap. Of course, they're gambling that another team doesn't develop a pressing need first and signs Kap before they can. Only time will tell if that gamble pays off or not.
Sounds more & more like Kaep is going to be dawning that disgusting purple this year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup! They're waiting to know how soon Flacco will be back before seeking quality help. I hope that comes back to bite them in the ass!!!

They already released the guy and signed another scrub 3rd string QB haha

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds more & more like Kaep is going to be dawning that disgusting purple this year.
Ravens fans are losing their minds over the potential signing of Kaep. The radio this morning played a clip of fans promising to sell their PSLs if Kaep is signed. They also played another clip of a fan saying he'd rather go 0-16 than sign Kaep. It would be great if Flacco misses the whole year and the Ravens go 0-16 cause they refuse to sign Kaep due to fan uproar.
Not that I'm wishing a season/career ending injury on anyone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hits just keep on comin' for them... What a shame

They've already lost a handful of guys IIRC... Off the top of my head I know Tavon Young (CB) was already lost for the year due to an ACL tear.

They are in a rut injury wise here lately. The Steelers have had sweep talent the last couple seasons, but it's still hard to predict any more than a split with those guys.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens fans are losing their minds over the potential signing of Kaep. The radio this morning played a clip of fans promising to sell their PSLs if Kaep is signed. They also played another clip of a fan saying he'd rather go 0-16 than sign Kaep. It would be great if Flacco misses the whole year and the Ravens go 0-16 cause they refuse to sign Kaep due to fan uproar.
Not that I'm wishing a season/career ending injury on anyone.
I know its said a lot, but the NFL's a business. Fans threatening to decline their season tickets will definitely influence an owner/GM. If it causes enough of an uproar then it won't happen.

Funny thing is... If Kaep does sign, and the Ravens become a playoff contender because of it, those fans will shut the hell up and forget all about their opinions of the guy.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love everyone's opinions on this. Here's a what if hypothetical question.

Big Ben retires. Our options are Dirty Laundry Jones or R. You Ready Joshua Dobbs. Colin Kaepernick is out there, how would you feel if the Steelers signed Kaepernick to be the STARTER.

Discuss....

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big Ben retires. Our options are Dirty Laundry Jones or R. You Ready Joshua Dobbs. Colin Kaepernick is out there, how would you feel if the Steelers signed Kaepernick to be the STARTER.

Discuss....
my answer depends on if we're talking now or next season. Now, I'd be alright with it as a stop-gap but they better have a plan to find the next franchise QB in place cause Kaep ain't one. Next season, no, especially if he sits this whole season. Too much rust at that point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Discuss....

Ben's contract runs through '19...he'll be 36 y/o next season...I have a feeling he's going to play the '18 season...all bets are off after that for me.

Going with the question...if Ben retires after this yr? (doesn't say when).

I think they will add a vet QB and he probably will have a chance to start...I see that guy possibly being Osweiler...no way CLE keeps him for the '18 season.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's contract runs through '19...he'll be 36 y/o next season...I have a feeling he's going to play the '18 season...all bets are off after that for me.

Going with the question...if Ben retires after this yr? (doesn't say when).

I think they will add a vet QB and he probably will have a chance to start...I see that guy possibly being Osweiler...no way CLE keeps him for the '18 season.

Yeah in this what if scenario, Big Ben retires after this season. Is there enough confidence in Osweiler as a starter? Cleveland might keep him depending on how he does this year. All I know is I am 100% not confident in Jones or Dobbs. Not to say Dobbs is bad or anything, but he's a rookie and the chances of him being Dak Prescott are slim to none. I would take a chance on Colin Kaepernick but there would need to be a conversation regarding his actions and what is expected of him in the future. Politics aside, I like Kaepernick. I think he got a raw deal with having two coaches who didn't know how to be NFL coaches and didn't know what to do with him. He also has shoulder surgery so that probably didn't help either. I personally think, if given a chance, Kaepernick will prove to still be a very good starting QB in the NFL.