• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep very solid group...each one has some questions to be answered, but right now the Steelers look very strong and agree with the ranking.

Questions.

PIT...will Bryant pick up where he left off? Who is CB3...some think Rogers has it, some think Smith-Schuster will take a fair amount of snaps there. Is there replacement for Green?

CIN...Is Boyd ready to take the WR2 job? Is Ross any more than a speedster? Can he take the NFL pounding?

BAL WR coorp just went from a weakness to above average...Who is the slot man? Is Perriman ready to be that stud they have been waiting for? What TE becomes Flacco's go to guy?

CLE...??? Really nothing is proven. Coleman I think showed he can be a legit NFL WR...is he a 2 or 3? Britt is on the back end of his career...on a team that would do good to win 6 games this season, is he riding out the string for a paycheck?
Well hell ATL if you're going to dangle a hook full of worms in front of me then I'll bite... lol

PIT... Don't forget about the possible re-emergence of Coates, or DHB even. Nor should we sleep on Ayers. Crowded room for sure.

CIN... Also have to question whether Eifert can stay healthy. And/or Uzomah stepping up to provide that 2 TE set they keep wanting. LaFell is a fairly established receiver, known commodity if-you-will, so Boyd will really need to pull the lead out to get that spot. Needs to step up to that 2nd Rd status & hype.

BAL... How much does Woodhead affect the passing game is my only comment to add here. And I guess it should be noted that their O-line should be vastly improved.

CLE... Too many questions, and not enough coffee in my cup nor shit in my bowels to care.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell ATL if you're going to dangle a hook full of worms in front of me then I'll bite... lol

PIT... Don't forget about the possible re-emergence of Coates, or DHB even. Nor should we sleep on Ayers. Crowded room for sure.

CIN... Also have to question whether Eifert can stay healthy. And/or Uzomah stepping up to provide that 2 TE set they keep wanting. LaFell is a fairly established receiver, known commodity if-you-will, so Boyd will really need to pull the lead out to get that spot. Needs to step up to that 2nd Rd status & hype.

BAL... How much does Woodhead affect the passing game is my only comment to add here. And I guess it should be noted that their O-line should be vastly improved.

CLE... Too many questions, and not enough coffee in my cup nor shit in my bowels to care.

PIT...yeah, obviously we've been banging around questions for a few months. Hunter? Where does he fit? if he fits? The tall UDFA TE they picked up, will he make the 53?...The only thing I'm ready to say for certain right now...AB will be WR1, and Hamilton probably won't make the 53 this yr.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT...yeah, obviously we've been banging around questions for a few months. Hunter? Where does he fit? if he fits? The tall UDFA TE they picked up, will he make the 53?...The only thing I'm ready to say for certain right now...AB will be WR1, and Hamilton probably won't make the 53 this yr.
PIT... Hunter is great insurance should Bryant, Coates or DHB falter in any way. But he'll have to beat out 1 of those 3 if he has any shot at sticking around. DHB & Coates will be trying to prove themselves on ST again to only bolster their case. Both had decent amount of success there. Hunter will have to do the same. And if Ayers can prove to handle the return job, then that will throw a pretty big monkey wrench into my final 53 predictions lol. Haven't really put much thought into that yet. But at first thought I'd probably have to cut 1 of my 4 TEs to make that happen. Maybe Nix would start getting some work with the TEs like Will Johnson used to do.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you guys all think that Maclin somehow changes the Ravens. They have one dimensional Mike Wallace - A guy that's never been very good after leaving Pittsburgh. They have the unfulfilled potential of Perriman. And now they have Maclin - A guy that has 2 1K seasons in his seven year career, is coming off an injury and is going into a new system with a new qb.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you guys all think that Maclin somehow changes the Ravens. They have one dimensional Mike Wallace - A guy that's never been very good after leaving Pittsburgh. They have the unfulfilled potential of Perriman. And now they have Maclin - A guy that has 2 1K seasons in his seven year career, is coming off an injury and is going into a new system with a new qb.
Maclin is an obvious upgrade regardless of injury to that receiving corps. As you said, the 1-trick pony Wallace & the questionable Perriman were all they really had. We're not saying that he alone is going to make the Ravens a 10-12 win team. Just that he's an upgrade. He's a good receiver that was being held back in a subpar offense for the last few years. Give him a QB & an OC that's willing to air the ball out more often and he'll be right back in the 1k club. For as much shit as I give Flacco, I still think he's an upgrade over the QBs that Maclin has ever played with (McNabb, Vick, Foles, Smith).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Sammie Coates Struggled During Minicamp - Steelers Depot

I didn't read much of the article, but not a good start for a re-emergence. Hopefully he is better prepared for camp.
Gotta get that mental side of things re-tuned. I remember breaking an index finger in high school football (played S & TE) and it took me a little while to trust my finger again once it was healed. You get so used to babying it while it heals that you subconsciously hinder your natural hand ROM. Coates mangling not one but 2-3 fingers last season has got to be much harder than what I faced.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure if Maclin changes much for BAL...I still think their OFC will be the weak link, but as Face said...he's better than what they had before he signed.

Wallace has the one trick pony perception and for the most part it's true, but he's got a little bit more to his game than that...agree, he took the money and ran from PIT, where had Tannehill, and Bridgewater throwing to him before landing in BAL...big difference in the trigger man.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get that mental side of things re-tuned. I remember breaking an index finger in high school football (played S & TE) and it took me a little while to trust my finger again once it was healed. You get so used to babying it while it heals that you subconsciously hinder your natural hand ROM. Coates mangling not one but 2-3 fingers last season has got to be much harder than what I faced.

As much as I love watching the game, I never played football. Been a round it a lot, understand schemes, whose supposed to do what, etc.

But, I have had to recover from a bad basketball injury. The mental part of trusting that injured limb is the last to come. The bad part for Coates is this is a very crowded position group and almost everybody has something to prove so I expect the coaches to get their best effort to make this team.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Woodhead might be the Ravens best back. Not that's a bad thing because I like Woodhead.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Woodhead might be the Ravens best back. Not that's a bad thing because I like Woodhead.
I think he'll make a good impact this season... But I have to wonder at his age & comin off injury how effective he'll be.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who scares me, maybe not this year, but in a year or two, the browns. Fuck do i love what theyve been doing there, they have so much young talent, if kizer turns out ok, watchhhhh out

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who scares me, maybe not this year, but in a year or two, the browns. Fuck do i love what theyve been doing there, they have so much young talent, if kizer turns out ok, watchhhhh out
No doubt. Finally looks like they are figuring it out. And look at how many f*cking draft picks they've had over the last couple years:

2015: 12 picks (2 1st Rd-ers)
2016: 14 picks
2017: 10 picks (3 1st Rd-ers)

Just by simple odds they should have more than enough ammo to hit homeruns on 2-3 players for each of those drafts.

Their offense may not look flashy, but their run game is going to be a force to reckon with.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Finally looks like they are figuring it out. And look at how many f*cking draft picks they've had over the last couple years:

2015: 12 picks (2 1st Rd-ers)
2016: 14 picks
2017: 10 picks (3 1st Rd-ers)

Just by simple odds they should have more than enough ammo to hit homeruns on 2-3 players for each of those drafts.

Their offense may not look flashy, but their run game is going to be a force to reckon with.

On the other hand, they're still doing the same ole' shit at qb..... Draft a guy high. Surround him with other former draft picks or acquisitions, fail to make a plan and then haphazardly start and replace each one as the losses continue to mount. Same thing is set up to happen again this year. If you have 3 quarterbacks, you don't have a quarterback.

And until they actually start developing draft picks, I can't see getting excited about any of the guys they draft.

On paper, it would appear that they have a rock solid plan.... But they need to (finally) execute it correctly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, they're still doing the same ole' shit at qb..... Draft a guy high. Surround him with other former draft picks or acquisitions, fail to make a plan and then haphazardly start and replace each one as the losses continue to mount. Same thing is set up to happen again this year. If you have 3 quarterbacks, you don't have a quarterback.

And until they actually start developing draft picks, I can't see getting excited about any of the guys they draft.

On paper, it would appear that they have a rock solid plan.... But they need to (finally) execute it correctly.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll say it here as well.

Two things.

1. Patience...6 HCs since '08...on paper it looks like they are making the right moves, but they're still not going to win more than they lose this season...maybe in '18 they will, but my guess is Jackson will get them around .500 by the time his deal is up...will they cut bait and start over again, or keep building with him.

2. QB...like you said. This kind of ties into #1. None of the QBs they have on the roster are ready to turn this thing around this season or even next season.

The draft picks (outside of the QBs) are developing fine, but until they get consistent quality play at QB, development at the other positions won't show up in the win column.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have been more.... Especially given his history. I'd rather see what Jackson has anyway.... With Marvin Lewis around, we never know if the kids are any good. He'll always start his washed up vets.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have been more.... Especially given his history. I'd rather see what Jackson has anyway.... With Marvin Lewis around, we never know if the kids are any good. He'll always start his washed up vets.
All of Steeler Nation will be eager to see that as well. WJ3 was highly sought after in most PIT forums. He'll have a decent test week1 with the Ravens. Maclin & Wallace are no slouches.

I'm also eager to see what Billings does. @ATL96Steeler & I were pretty fond of him as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of Steeler Nation will be eager to see that as well. WJ3 was highly sought after in most PIT forums. He'll have a decent test week1 with the Ravens. Maclin & Wallace are no slouches.

I'm also eager to see what Billings does. @ATL96Steeler & I were pretty fond of him as well.
both those players i wanted the steelers to take, althought theres a reason billings slid in the draft, i forget what it was though

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both those players i wanted the steelers to take, althought theres a reason billings slid in the draft, i forget what it was though

@FaCe-LeE-uS

Yep... Face and I were high on the this guy and the Steelers showed interest. I think the reason he dropped...'16 was a stocked DL draft and most people thought he was run stopper and not much else. I heard through the grapevine that coach Mitch was didn't think the kid would be a playmaker at this level but was real high on Hargrave....sure enough the Steeler took Hargrave with Billings still on the board...one of the few picks I've ever gotten right.

Still, as a 34 run stopper I thought he had more value than 4th round. As a 43 DT...does he have the lateral movement you want to see? I think he'll be as good as Peko.