• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9er kid was Lattimore I think? His inj reports say a dislocated knee that tore every ligament. I assume that means the patella tendon was included.

IIRC, Spence's injury included a torn ACL & LCL, as well as a dislocated kneecap.

Both injuries seem different to me?

It was Lattimore.

You could be right on them being different. I just remember the kneecap being mentioned with both of them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9er kid was Lattimore I think? His inj reports say a dislocated knee that tore every ligament. I assume that means the patella tendon was included.

IIRC, Spence's injury included a torn ACL & LCL, as well as a dislocated kneecap.

Both injuries seem different to me?
actuallybya your right sorry i'm at work trying to snoop

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Martavis should be back for you guys next season. But the Bengals should be able to keep up scoring wise with our new weapons. If Dalton becomes 2015 Dalton again too, then I'm confident.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Martavis should be back for you guys next season. But the Bengals should be able to keep up scoring wise with our new weapons. If Dalton becomes 2015 Dalton again too, then I'm confident.
You need an O-line to make that offense work though... And from what I've seen this offseason, the Bungals' already bad O-line lost its 2 best players (Whit & Zeit). Andre Smith & Cedric Ogbuehi aren't the answers. At least not if history has anything to do with it. Smith isn't better than Whit. And trusting Ogbuehi is a stretch after he got demoted because he couldn't handle the starting gig.

Said it before, but Dalton may be in for a looooong season of rubber pellets.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need an O-line to make that offense work though... And from what I've seen this offseason, the Bungals' already bad O-line lost its 2 best players (Whit & Zeit). Andre Smith & Cedric Ogbuehi aren't the answers. At least not if history has anything to do with it. Smith isn't better than Whit. And trusting Ogbuehi is a stretch after he got demoted because he couldn't handle the starting gig.

Said it before, but Dalton may be in for a looooong season of rubber pellets.

I agree about the O-line. Most likely it's gonna be worse than last season.

Y'all lucky our franchise is incompetent. A.J. McCarron should be the starter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect CIN to rebound from last season, but for the 1st time in a while, the Bengals have new people in key positions on both sides of the ball.

OFC...I agree with Face. The skill positions are loaded imo. We gotta see how that OL gels. That's the biggest key, especially Ogbuelhi moving to LT. Love the Mixon pick...not looking forward to facing him twice a yr. Ross...you obviously have to respect him over the top. He should open it up more for Eifert and Boyd but I don't think he was a top 10 pick. We'll have to see how that works out. I like Josh Malone, could be a sleeper.

DEF...a few more questions to be answered. Pass rush, CB2, DT, LB. I have no clue why they just don't move on from Adam Jones. He's decent, but not worth the distraction imo. Lawson and Willis was a great get...how much will they contribute this season is the same question we have about TJ Watt. Face and I were real high on William Jackson in the draft and Billings should be at least as good as Peko...I assume they both will have a chance to start.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect CIN to rebound from last season, but for the 1st time in a while, the Bengals have new people in key positions on both sides of the ball.

OFC...I agree with Face. The skill positions are loaded imo. We gotta see how that OL gels. That's the biggest key, especially Ogbuelhi moving to LT. Love the Mixon pick...not looking forward to facing him twice a yr. Ross...you obviously have to respect him over the top. He should open it up more for Eifert and Boyd but I don't think he was a top 10 pick. We'll have to see how that works out. I like Josh Malone, could be a sleeper.

DEF...a few more questions to be answered. Pass rush, CB2, DT, LB. I have no clue why they just don't move on from Adam Jones. He's decent, but not worth the distraction imo. Lawson and Willis was a great get...how much will they contribute this season is the same question we have about TJ Watt. Face and I were real high on William Jackson in the draft and Billings should be at least as good as Peko...I assume they both will have a chance to start.

My worry is if Mixon does outperform Hill, which shouldn't be hard to do, it's still going to be a 50/50 split. It's just how we do things. If you're not as talented as A.J. Green, our rookies will never be thrown into the fire. And when Gio comes back, the split is going to be divided even more. Mixon should be the workhorse next year after Hill is gone. The guy is really talented, but I'm far from an actual fan of him.

Ross on the other hand I like. At first I didn't like the pick because of the obvious injury concerns ( we practically have two Eifert's now ), but his speed is going to distract alot of attention off of Green. Then IF Eifert is able to stay on the field, I don't see anyone being able to contain this offense. I would dare say we're trying to copy the Steelers offense.

Our secondary is mediocre to be honest. I wouldn't mind bringing Leon Hall back. At least he's still really effective covering the slot. Pacman is just trash. He shouldn't even be employed. Don't really have the energy to talk about him. Reggie Nelson was really our heart of coverage. Still irritated we weren't able to keep him. I never saw WJIII besides highlights, but I've seen Billings a couple times. I love that pick. He hasn't played a down yet, but he's already better than Peko. Peko was never a good player. I'm not too concerned about the D-Line now with Geno, Dunlap, and Billings. The LB core should be alright as long as Burfict is healthy. He lost alot of weight this offseason too, so that's a positive. He was getting to be a little huskie like Eddie Lacy type of huskie.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry is if Mixon does outperform Hill, which shouldn't be hard to do, it's still going to be a 50/50 split. It's just how we do things. If you're not as talented as A.J. Green, our rookies will never be thrown into the fire. And when Gio comes back, the split is going to be divided even more. Mixon should be the workhorse next year after Hill is gone. The guy is really talented, but I'm far from an actual fan of him.

Ross on the other hand I like. At first I didn't like the pick because of the obvious injury concerns ( we practically have two Eifert's now ), but his speed is going to distract alot of attention off of Green. Then IF Eifert is able to stay on the field, I don't see anyone being able to contain this offense. I would dare say we're trying to copy the Steelers offense.

Our secondary is mediocre to be honest. I wouldn't mind bringing Leon Hall back. At least he's still really effective covering the slot. Pacman is just trash. He shouldn't even be employed. Don't really have the energy to talk about him. Reggie Nelson was really our heart of coverage. Still irritated we weren't able to keep him. I never saw WJIII besides highlights, but I've seen Billings a couple times. I love that pick. He hasn't played a down yet, but he's already better than Peko. Peko was never a good player. I'm not too concerned about the D-Line now with Geno, Dunlap, and Billings. The LB core should be alright as long as Burfict is healthy. He lost alot of weight this offseason too, so that's a positive. He was getting to be a little huskie like Eddie Lacy type of huskie.

Mixon...he's made it hard to be a fan. I can't even say I'd want him in PIT simply because of all the distractions that COULD follow him. As a player...I like him a lot. Hill is pretty much done in CIN and he's a pretty good RB himself.

Ross...like the talent, I just think top 10 was too high for him. AJ is going to get his whether you have Ross or not, but much like Martavious in PIT, I can see him opening it up for Eifert and Boyd to have 1 on 1 coverage just about every play.

The OFC is just hinging on the OL...which should eventually find itself. The DEF has a taller wall to climb imo.

Personally I think Lewis has too much talent not to make the playoffs, but some work to do to make it happen.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon...he's made it hard to be a fan. I can't even say I'd want him in PIT simply because of all the distractions that COULD follow him. As a player...I like him a lot. Hill is pretty much done in CIN and he's a pretty good RB himself.

Ross...like the talent, I just think top 10 was too high for him. AJ is going to get his whether you have Ross or not, but much like Martavious in PIT, I can see him opening it up for Eifert and Boyd to have 1 on 1 coverage just about every play.

The OFC is just hinging on the OL...which should eventually find itself. The DEF has a taller wall to climb imo.

Personally I think Lewis has too much talent not to make the playoffs, but some work to do to make it happen.

All the talent in the world can't mask a broken mind. Pacman, Burfict, Mixon... The only reason they're not in jail / prison is because of a football helmet. And Marvin is a enabler. Just imagine how good in shape we would've been if we had hired Tomlin nearly a decade ago or promoted Mike Zimmer a few years ago instead of keeping this smiling dude.

Oh it won't be a shock if the Bengals made the playoffs. But the rest of the narrative is already known.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talent in the world can't mask a broken mind. Pacman, Burfict, Mixon... The only reason they're not in jail / prison is because of a football helmet. And Marvin is a enabler. Just imagine how good in shape we would've been if we had hired Tomlin nearly a decade ago or promoted Mike Zimmer a few years ago instead of keeping this smiling dude.

Oh it won't be a shock if the Bengals made the playoffs. But the rest of the narrative is already known.

At this point Jones (I stopped using his nickname long ago...no longer worthy if you will) is just not that good anymore and when you're just ok as a player you don't need to be a big distraction...kind of like Gay for the Steelers...just okay, but keeps his mouth shut.

Mixon is a kid, made a really bad mistake...we'll have to wait and see if that's just who he is or not.

Burfict...is a talented player and I think he wants to play on the edge to get into your head, but he's a nut case.

While Tomlin has his warts, (mostly as an X&O guy imo) he's a no nonsense guy when it comes to conduct unbecoming. I think most of us that see the Bengals fairly regularly realize that Lewis basically turns a blind eye to most of this stuff. When your veteran players are allowed to be that loose it just sets a bad example for young players imo....does Brown finally pull the plug if they don't make it?

AFC...obviously a lot can happen between now and Jan but calling it today

E...NE
N...PIT
S...IND
W...OAK
WC5...KC
WC6...wide open, but right now I would say CIN or DEN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC...obviously a lot can happen between now and Jan but calling it today

E...NE
N...PIT
S...IND
W...OAK
WC5...KC
WC6...wide open, but right now I would say CIN or DEN
I have a feeling the Titans in the South are going to surprise a lot of people this season. Should be in the wild card discussion by season's end.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Titans in the South are going to surprise a lot of people this season. Should be in the wild card discussion by season's end.

They could...just depends on where the W number is. If it's 9, they should be in the mix. 10 or more...idk they will need some luck I think.

Looking at their schedule...4-4 on the road would be strong I see them losing @ PIT, HOU, AZ, IND. MIA won't be easy either. Then at home they have these tough games...OAK, SEA, BAL, CIN...plus conference. IMO they need to find a way to 5-3 at home at the very least...then beat CLE, SF, JAX and win one of those ones (hopefully not PIT) that I think they will lose on the road.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns beat the Steelers just once this year (which won't happen) I'm gonna party like they made the playoffs!

:hammer: