• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Jones has over Mett imo is knowledge of the playbook which I understand is important and if Mett hasn't been digging deep in that area, I can see why he hasn't been given a chance...aside from that, I have no clue. Jones has done nothing to be etched into the QB2 spot.

Jones is like the fuckin second coming of Cliff Stoudt.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

@FaCe-LeE-uS I get all that.....

I don't understand why sign a guy with actual NFL experience, such as Mett, get all of our hopes up and then Tomlin says, Landry is still our guy...

One of those WTF moments, because you and I both know Jones sucks seven ways to Sunday!!!!
Yea it doesn't make much sense. But if you recall, Mett wasn't signed until after the 3rd preseason game. So that put him behind the 8-ball to learn the playbook. Jones did nothing to prove his QB2 status last offseason, but he won the job by default given Mett wasn't able to challenge him yet.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it doesn't make much sense. But if you recall, Mett wasn't signed until after the 3rd preseason game. So that put him behind the 8-ball to learn the playbook. Jones did nothing to prove his QB2 status last offseason, but he won the job by default given Mett wasn't able to challenge him yet.

Even still, give him a limited playbook and work from there.
And I agree, it almost seems as if they set him up to be nothing but a clipboard guy for the season.
And Jones should be in a fight every year for the 2nd/3rd string job, it certainly does not deserve to be given to him. This is a big roll, and later in the games and in the season, it would be nice to be able to get Ben off the field when we have games well in hand, but Jones can not maintain a lead let alone be trusted to give us a comeback win!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even still, give him a limited playbook and work from there.
And I agree, it almost seems as if they set him up to be nothing but a clipboard guy for the season.
And Jones should be in a fight every year for the 2nd/3rd string job, it certainly does not deserve to be given to him. This is a big roll, and later in the games and in the season, it would be nice to be able to get Ben off the field when we have games well in hand, but Jones can not maintain a lead let alone be trusted to give us a comeback win!!!!
Preach brother, preach!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

I hope Landry NEVER starts as many games as Stoudt did though...I'm not ready to go back there just yet!

Ahhh, someone else who was around for those days.

Where you also an owner of one the Steelers Terrible Bricks????

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that sucks for him!!!!

@FaCe-LeE-uS that shitty hand got full fast didn't it???

I honestly think, if given the chance, he could of beat out Jones easily!!!!

I'd like to say he would as well, he's certainly more talented than Jones. Bigger arm, no question, but for a guy that once started in this league to where he is now...there's something that we're not seeing from afar.

Think about it...he got booted out of the QB2 job in SD in favor of Kellen Clemens?...What exactly has he done?

I've always liked Mett from his UGA days where he was a little immature, got in trouble but seemed to turn it around at LSU and into the league off an injured SR yr. That made him a much lower pick than his talent suggested imo. He wasn't a terrible QB at TN considering the talent around him, but they never felt he was a franchise guy so they cut him loose for Mariota. Followed his TN HC out to SD and they boot him and now he's gets booted out of PIT.

Whatever it is, it's not really outward because teams keep picking him up. But, to not even bother to let him compete for QB2...somethings up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... One of the mid-rd prospects that I loved. Feel bad for the kid. @ATL96Steeler

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... One of the mid-rd prospects that I loved. Feel bad for the kid. @ATL96Steeler

I remember you talking him up.

Wow is right...very tough break. You had to see those type injuries period, but a young guy trying to get his career off the ground...even worse.

Wish him the best coming back.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you talking him up.

Wow is right...very tough break. You had to see those type injuries period, but a young guy trying to get his career off the ground...even worse.

Wish him the best coming back.
Especially a patella injury. Probably better to have the kneecap itself fractured than a patella tendon tear/rupture like Victor Cruz had? @SteelersPride might have to chime in for clarification.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're bob bad but the tendon sucks balls for a db, doable but not good

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt a patella fracture is different right? As in just the kneecap bone itself? Still brutal, but I wouldn't imagine the recovery timetable is nearly as long.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't this the injury that the RB from SC had? The 49ers drafted him and he never played. I know he had two knee injuries but the 2nd one was also involved the knee cap I thought....Spence as well...no?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt a patella fracture is different right? As in just the kneecap bone itself? Still brutal, but I wouldn't imagine the recovery timetable is nearly as long.

Isn't this the injury that the RB from SC had? The 49ers drafted him and he never played. I know he had two knee injuries but the 2nd one was also involved the knee cap I thought....Spence as well...no?

yep to both

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep to both

The 9er kid was Lattimore I think? His inj reports say a dislocated knee that tore every ligament. I assume that means the patella tendon was included.

IIRC, Spence's injury included a torn ACL & LCL, as well as a dislocated kneecap.

Both injuries seem different to me?