• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Army Bowl Participants

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than many Army bowls in the past Nebraska has a few players they are in on playing in and making announcements at the game. Here's the players they are in on along with my percentage belief that they will be N.

1. #70 Foster Sarell (5-Star, OT) - Feels like a three horse race between Nebraska, Stanford and Washington. Stanford already has the #2 Tackle in the nation committed to them... does that work in Nebraska's favor? I don't know... I doubt it. He will be announcing at the game... 40% chance he chooses Huskers IMO.

2. #4 Joseph Lewis (5-Star, WR) - Lewis has stated that he's down to USC and Nebraska. He will be a signing day decision. The question is... does he want to stay home or forge new paths. He's torn... we'll see. 50% chance.

3. #5 Darnay Holmes (5-Star, DB) - Holmes has long been a Nebraska target... USC, UCLA, OSU and Nebraska are his final schools. Smart money is on UCLA or OSU. 35% chance.

3. #66 Chuck Filiaga (4-Star, OT) - Down to Michigan, Nebraska and someone else. Smart money is on Michigan. 20% chance.

4. #13 Jamire Calvin (4-Star, WR) - Calvin is announcing during the game, it seems to be between Nebraska and Notre Dame though recent offers from Oregon and Texas make some things interesting. He is announcing during the game though. Smart money is on Nebraska. 75% chance.

5. #23 Deommodore Lenoir (4-Star, DB) - Former Oregon commit that had Nebraska as his #2 prior to committing. Will Visit Nebraska in January. 55% chance.

6. #31 Greg Johnson (4-Star, ATH) - Former Arizona commit, decommitted when Donte Williams left for Nebraska. USC looms large, will make his decision near signing day. 60% chance.

7. #77 Austin Jackson (4-Star, OT) - Nebraska is looking to get Jackson on campus in January, right now they are behind most teams and would like to close out the class with either Filiaga or Sarell, but the likelihood is low. Jackson likely doesn't visit. 5% chance.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interestingly enough all the players interested in us are playing on the West team

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't they have a bowl for the 3-stars?

I'm tired of not seeing any N hats being chosen.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The late season surge by SC is going to be a problem for most schools looking at CA talent, not iowa but most other schools

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more meaningless? The Belk Bowl or the Army Bowl where a bunch of spoiled 18 year olds who have never played a down in college get to hold universities in suspense as they decide which hat to put on in front of a bunch of tv cameras?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to wiki it's always been Wednesday. I also looked back at old articles and they said Wednesday as well. For some reason i was thinking Tues too.

National Signing Day - Wikipedia

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought signing day was always the first Tuesday of February.?

according to wiki it's always been Wednesday. I also looked back at old articles and they said Wednesday as well. For some reason i was thinking Tues too.

National Signing Day - Wikipedia

I had no idea when it was, other than in February.

So, I used this fancy thingee called search and google and stuff. I was just hoping it wasn't French, because you know, if it is on the internet, it must be true.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting twist.... Bryan Munson and Nathan Clouse both think Darnay is going to Nebraska... I just don't see it as he's been trending to OSU/UCLA for a while now. But for some reason the Rivals guys think he is N.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting twist.... Bryan Munson and Nathan Clouse both think Darnay is going to Nebraska... I just don't see it as he's been trending to OSU/UCLA for a while now. But for some reason the Rivals guys think he is N.
Not sure what's going on but they are really hanging it all out there.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw SC has entered the sweepstakes now, I've always figured it would be one of the CA schools in the end, those are the ones where his dad can get the most mileage out of pushing his CA proway business

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I updated my percentage with Darnay... still think it would be an upset but there's a lot of smoke to the Nebraska fire right now. I think it's USC or Nebraska right now... from what i've seen... neither parent wants him to go to OSU.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just read that Nebraska didn't get any Army Bowl recruits. I thought Riley and his staff were supposed to be great at recruiting?