• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ UCLA

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres the thing.

the year cal won it all. even then he struggled with zone. I firmly believe that you just cant trow talent at the zone. you need to game plan at it. IU tried the all talent/no coaching method and lost badly with 2 lottery picks. i have said it plenty of times but those who come in with the mindset of thinking they can force there way through the zone will lose big time.

i have spent a lot of time with the length argument plenty of times and my theory on it is that length is intimidating for SU only on offense, but for UK it is intimidating on both sides of the ball.

i think we could of crushed UK in 2012. not because we were better than them but because we were simply a matchup nightmare for them. has not proven that they are as good as 2012, and until they do i really dont see the point in this argument

ahhhh, so here we have ended up where I wanted to end up.

1) we have the smartest PG i have ever seen at UA.
2) we have the best interior passing I have ever seen at UA
3) We don't just launch threes when someone plays zone simply because that's the easiest shot, we attach a zone from the FT line like you are supposed to

I think we are a matchup nightmare for you because, even if we don't score 70, i can't see you scoring 60 against us.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhh, so here we have ended up where I wanted to end up.

1) we have the smartest PG i have ever seen at UA.
2) we have the best interior passing I have ever seen at UA
3) We don't just launch threes when someone plays zone simply because that's the easiest shot, we attach a zone from the FT line like you are supposed to

I think we are a matchup nightmare for you because, even if we don't score 70, i can't see you scoring 60 against us.

and thats your biggest mistake. we are nowhere near your typical zone. something that you have never seen before and completely unfamiliar with. to say it can be anything like your past experiences is your first mistake.

yes you have size. but your own coach said today that you struggle against other teams with size. syracuse will most likely be the team with the biggest combination of talent/size that you will ever face. we recruit off of size.

for the 2 rotations

mcconnel 6-1
york 6-3
johnson 6-3
jefferson 6-7
ashley 6-8
gordon 6-9
tarzeki 7-0 (not gonna bother with the spelling)

ennis 6-2
cooney 6-4
gbinije 6-7
roberson 6-8*
grant 6-8
fair 6-8
chrismas 6-9
coleman 6-9
kieta 6-10

*only included him cuz i have no idea what his future role is going to be.

i dunno about you but it looks to me that this matchup will be giants clashing and will be playing a team that is the very least equal in size.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats your biggest mistake. we are nowhere near your typical zone. something that you have never seen before and completely unfamiliar with. to say it can be anything like your past experiences is your first mistake.

yes you have size. but your own coach said today that you struggle against other teams with size. syracuse will most likely be the team with the biggest combination of talent/size that you will ever face. we recruit off of size.

for the 2 rotations

mcconnel 6-1
york 6-3
johnson 6-3
jefferson 6-7
ashley 6-8
gordon 6-9
tarzeki 7-0 (not gonna bother with the spelling)

ennis 6-2
cooney 6-4
gbinije 6-7
roberson 6-8*
grant 6-8
fair 6-8
chrismas 6-9
coleman 6-9
kieta 6-10

*only included him cuz i have no idea what his future role is going to be.

i dunno about you but it looks to me that this matchup will be giants clashing and will be playing a team that is the very least equal in size.

A) my dad was born in syracuse
B) I went to Colgate
C) Sean Miller PLAYED AGAINST THE SYRACUSE 2-3 ZONE

I'll be honest, I didn't read past your first sentence, and will only see what you said when i read it in my own post in about two seconds...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't waste your time with John. Trust me, it will go nowhere... you'll be circling around the same points over and over again and it will still not get through to him.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't waste your time with John. Trust me, it will go nowhere... you'll be circling around the same points over and over again and it will still not get through to him.

oh i know, but it's so fun. He has no idea (until now) that my second favorite college basketball team is syracuse haha

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) my dad was born in syracuse
B) I went to Colgate
C) Sean Miller PLAYED AGAINST THE SYRACUSE 2-3 ZONE

I'll be honest, I didn't read past your first sentence, and will only see what you said when i read it in my own post in about two seconds...

dude, the syracuse zone in its current form has existed for only the last 5-6 years. anything before that is like an outclassed battleship. sorry but miller is in for a rude awakening if he thinks this is the same zone from 1992.

jay wright got destroyed by the zone ==> and he has seen in plenty of times

idiot boy tom crean got destroyed by it, had a full offseason to watch gamefilm==> got destroyed by it again

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i know, but it's so fun. He has no idea (until now) that my second favorite college basketball team is syracuse haha

i kinda figured that you had some sort of Syracuse relationship about 1/3 into this argument

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, the syracuse zone in its current form has existed for only the last 5-6 years. anything before that is like an outclassed battleship. sorry but miller is in for a rude awakening if he thinks this is the same zone from 1992.

jay wright got destroyed by the zone ==> and he has seen in plenty of times

idiot boy tom crean got destroyed by it, had a full offseason to watch gamefilm==> got destroyed by it again

that's fair, since he brought the same team back this year. if the zone was so puzzling, 'cuse would win the title every year they were considered Elite. but that only happened once, because you had Carmelo on your team.

sorry bub, the zone is a gimmick that a real team figures out how to attack 10 minutes into the game

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's fair, since he brought the same team back this year. if the zone was so puzzling, 'cuse would win the title every year they were considered Elite. but that only happened once, because you had Carmelo on your team.

sorry bub, the zone is a gimmick that a real team figures out how to attack 10 minutes into the game

really. how the hell do you get destroyed 2 different times like that. even if he lost a few players its totally insane to think he wouldnt figure out how to keep the score somewhat reasonable the 2nd time around.

yes we have had a bad run in march but I think a big part of was simply bad luck and getting worn out from the BET, the physical BE style of play & our OOC. you can blame the zone all you want but thats the idiots guide to syracuse. 61, 77, 66, 63, 84, 66, 60 thats what our opposition has scored on us in the tourny the last 7X. its very hard to say that the zone is getting wrecked and giving up a lot of points

2013 ==> final four

2012 ==> lost fab melo right before the tourny, elite 8

2011==> lost to fellow BE team MU who beat us for the 2nd time that year

2010 ==>lost Onuaku right before the tourny, lost to butler who almost won it all that year

2009 ==> lost to OU w/ blake griffen

2008 ==> NIT

2007 ==> NIT

2006 ==> texas a&m (i give ya this one)

2005 ==> vermont (and this one :L)

2004 ==> alabama: the seedings were pretty close (5 vs 8)

2003 ==> :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really. how the hell do you get destroyed 2 different times like that. even if he lost a few players its totally insane to think he wouldnt figure out how to keep the score somewhat reasonable the 2nd time around.

yes we have had a bad run in march but I think a big part of was simply bad luck and getting worn out from the BET, the physical BE style of play & our OOC. you can blame the zone all you want but thats the idiots guide to syracuse. 61, 77, 66, 63, 84, 66, 60 thats what our opposition has scored on us in the tourny the last 7X. its very hard to say that the zone is getting wrecked and giving up a lot of points

2013 ==> final four

2012 ==> lost fab melo right before the tourny, elite 8

2011==> lost to fellow BE team MU who beat us for the 2nd time that year

2010 ==>lost Onuaku right before the tourny, lost to butler who almost won it all that year

2009 ==> lost to OU w/ blake griffen

2008 ==> NIT

2007 ==> NIT

2006 ==> texas a&m (i give ya this one)

2005 ==> vermont (and this one :L)

2004 ==> alabama: the seedings were pretty close (5 vs 8)

2003 ==> :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

christ you piss me off, making me hate on my second favorite team. overall what I meant was that, EVERY YEAR in which 'Cuse has not won the national championship, somebody has figured out the zone ENOUGH to win the game. Considering that I don't even think we would need to figure out your zone since you are not talented enough offensively to score on us (let's face it, UCLA has more offensive firepower notwithstanding their lack of defensive ability), I think we are a matchup nightmare with 'Cuse and nothing is going to change that opinion. it comes down to do I think you can score on us, and the answer is a resounding NO. If you think that Miami's defense is good (and i'll accept that you had a terrible offensive performance, i understand that happens), and even if it isn't that good, the difference between our defense and theirs is ASTOUNDING

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Arizona last night. Congrats. :suds:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Arizona last night. Congrats. :suds:

thanks jonvi. How are you feeling about Saturday? I think there is no team I would rather play less than UNC at home as a top ranked squad. I would rather go to Chapel Hill than host them. They seem more dangerous away from the comfortable confines of home. What do you think?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks jonvi. How are you feeling about Saturday? I think there is no team I would rather play less than UNC at home as a top ranked squad. I would rather go to Chapel Hill than host them. They seem more dangerous away from the comfortable confines of home. What do you think?

I have no clue what to expect. For sure I've picked the Cuse to win though.

UNC averages 77 ppg and SU allows 59 ppg on average.
SU averages 74 ppg and UNC allows 68 ppg.

UNC's played a tougher OOC. But I see the averages working in SU's favor.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real question... Since it seams that UNC mostly wins against good teams, and generally their losses come at the hands of crappy teams, Does a win against UNC make Cuse look more or less legit? I think you could almost claim a loss against UNC as a badge of honor this season. :D

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real question... Since it seams that UNC mostly wins against good teams, and generally their losses come at the hands of crappy teams, Does a win against UNC make Cuse look more or less legit? I think you could almost claim a loss against UNC as a badge of honor this season. :D

Damn....leave it to trolly to turn a SU win into a net loss. :nod:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hahahaha that's hilarious

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill "I'm never shocked by anything that comes out of your mouth"
Dave "I wish I could say the same for you"

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walton is so far of the reservation, he'd have to be highly medicated, just to make it to crazy.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
christ you piss me off, making me hate on my second favorite team. overall what I meant was that, EVERY YEAR in which 'Cuse has not won the national championship, somebody has figured out the zone ENOUGH to win the game. Considering that I don't even think we would need to figure out your zone since you are not talented enough offensively to score on us (let's face it, UCLA has more offensive firepower notwithstanding their lack of defensive ability), I think we are a matchup nightmare with 'Cuse and nothing is going to change that opinion. it comes down to do I think you can score on us, and the answer is a resounding NO. If you think that Miami's defense is good (and i'll accept that you had a terrible offensive performance, i understand that happens), and even if it isn't that good, the difference between our defense and theirs is ASTOUNDING

the butthurt/bullshit is strong with this one.........

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the butthurt/bullshit is strong with this one.........

Says the guy that threw a fucking temper tantrum because some people didn't think Cuse would be ranked #1 the following Monday. (which incidentally, Cuse wasn't ranked #1 that Monday, or the next, or the next)