• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ UCLA

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened. By your window-licker retard logic, we can assume it will happen again.

Bad 3 point shooting could be your fatal flaw.

it could be. but we were also down our starting center. in that game and only used a 6 man rotation for some reason.

since then we worked another guy into the rotation and he is looking a lot better than i could of hoped.

that game wasn't just 1 thing going wrong but 3 different things going wrong and we fixed one of the problems.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least i don't only use ranking systems to make my points. you admitted today you had only seen arizona play one time, and yet you have been talking about them like you have seen every game they played this year for the last week that I have been on this forum.

believe me, i thought Kentucky being #1 to start the season was the biggest joke in the world. but if you think you have somebody on your team that can stop julius randle with Keita, or sorry Dujauan "josh smith 2.0" Coleman, good luck with that. you have no QUALITY size, and yet claimed that because you are taller than us down low (a claim i'm not sure i believe in the first place) we would struggle inside against you. LMAO indeed

didn't your coach say in this very game that you were struggling against size during the halftime interview?

with SU you dont have a few tall guys. you have A LOT of tall guys as we recruit specifically around length. I dunno about UKs experience with size but I think length with zona will be a problem.

how do we stop randle? i dunno ask cody zellar.........

and lets be frank. in what world are you living in do you think UK of all schools gets placed in the east?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it could be. but we were also down our starting center. in that game and only used a 6 man rotation for some reason.

since then we worked another guy into the rotation and he is looking a lot better than i could of hoped.

that game wasn't just 1 thing going wrong but 3 different things going wrong and we fixed one of the problems.

Only fixed one of them? Sounds like you have two fatal flaws!

Honestly at this rate, I don't know how Syracuse is even going to finish the season. They might have to start forfeiting games. Is there a Mercy rule in Division 1?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

please dear god tell me you are talking about Dujuan "Josh Smith 2.0" Coleman and his 4 points, 4 reb in 13 min/game as your starting center that is the reason you had a close game.

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUE!!!!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fixed one of them? Sounds like you have two fatal flaws!

Honestly at this rate, I don't know how Syracuse is even going to finish the season. They might have to start forfeiting games. Is there a Mercy rule in Division 1?

yep you just lost this argument if this is what you are resorting to

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just using your stupid window-licker logic. So if I lost the argument, it looks like you did too, slapdick.

I guess the Zona fans got us both.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't your coach say in this very game that you were struggling against size during the halftime interview?

with SU you dont have a few tall guys. you have A LOT of tall guys as we recruit specifically around length. I dunno about UKs experience with size but I think length with zona will be a problem.

how do we stop randle? i dunno ask cody zellar.........

and lets be frank. in what world are you living in do you think UK of all schools gets placed in the east?

you are right, AGAIN! Cody Zeller and Julius Randle are similar basketball players!!!

AND OMG YOU ARE RIGHT AGAIN! Teams that are seeded 4th still get placed in a region based on where they are based out of!!!

WOW

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it is literally impossible for a person with no mental disabilities to lose an argument against you. and those that DO have mental disabilities....i'd give them a 50/50 shot

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dear god tell me you are talking about Dujuan "Josh Smith 2.0" Coleman and his 4 points, 4 reb in 13 min/game as your starting center that is the reason you had a close game.

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUE!!!!

yeah I did and you want to know why? because it takes away our length and the space we occupy. and hes nice to have as an option or if we need help containing another big man. we came into the game averaging 10 steals per game & got only 5.

granted we use coleman sparingly but thats boeheims style. he lets one of our 6th men sit, get his head in the game first and then unleash him. since coleman went out grant is shooting 6-19 ==> Id rather have him sit first.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right, AGAIN! Cody Zeller and Julius Randle are similar basketball players!!!

AND OMG YOU ARE RIGHT AGAIN! Teams that are seeded 4th still get placed in a region based on where they are based out of!!!

WOW

my point was that everyone questioned how we were going to beat IU. said we didn't have the capabilities to do so. said we struggled against big men "we had no quality size" as you put it. ==> well we figured it out and I believe we can do the same with randle. the SU zone is something that can not be simulated in practice and i think his inexperience will play a factor.

and hey numbnuts. i was talking about the 1/4 odds of a team making it in. i think that if they make a run through the SEC as you predict they come in either right behind florida or ahead of florida and get a 1 seed or a top 2 seed. your whole argument is that "a 4th seed will run the table" i am sorry but nobody can predict which 4th seed that will be. and if you think UK suddenly starts improving. no way they get just a 4th seed.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point was that everyone questioned how we were going to beat IU. said we didn't have the capabilities to do so. said we struggled against big men "we had no quality size" as you put it. ==> well we figured it out and I believe we can do the same with randle. the SU zone is something that can not be simulated in practice and i think his inexperience will play a factor.

and hey numbnuts. i was talking about the 1/4 odds of a team making it in. i think that if they make a run through the SEC as you predict they come in either right behind florida or ahead of florida and get a 1 seed or a top 2 seed. your whole argument is that "a 4th seed will run the table" i am sorry but nobody can predict which 4th seed that will be. and if you think UK suddenly starts improving. no way they get just a 4th seed.

my point works just fine with UK getting the 2 seed in the east.

Also, who were these people saying SU couldn't beat IU???? Certainly not me, considering I had Syracuse in the final four last year specifically because I thought IU couldn't handle the zone.

the quality size comment was much more about how a UA 'Cuse game would go, not as much about UK.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world are you living that you think any team has a region locked up in January?

because we are highly ranked with a a favorable schedule the rest of the way

oh and we are syracuse.....

we have been placed in the east 3 consecutive times and the year before that the carrier dome hosted the east

if we are still a contender by late February its safe to say that we will be in the east

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point works just fine with UK getting the 2 seed in the east.

Also, who were these people saying SU couldn't beat IU???? Certainly not me, considering I had Syracuse in the final four last year specifically because I thought IU couldn't handle the zone.

the quality size comment was much more about how a UA 'Cuse game would go, not as much about UK.

and thats fair. however you are talking about a lot of things to line up for this scenario to happen (none of which have)

and you have failed to make a rebuttal to explain how cal is going to get around the zone. its one thing he tends to struggle with.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats fair. however you are talking about a lot of things to line up for this scenario to happen (none of which have)

and you have failed to make a rebuttal to explain how cal is going to get around the zone. its one thing he tends to struggle with.

you are right, i am not sure that cal can beat a zone. To be honest, i don't really give a fuck, and didn't even consider it because of the talent disparity between the two teams IF UK FIGURES IT OUT.

Not sure if they will, but I don't think that your length is nearly the factor against UK's 6'5 guards, 6'8 SF, 6'9 PF, and 7'1 Center

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right, i am not sure that cal can beat a zone. To be honest, i don't really give a fuck, and didn't even consider it because of the talent disparity between the two teams IF UK FIGURES IT OUT.

Not sure if they will, but I don't think that your length is nearly the factor against UK's 6'5 guards, 6'8 SF, 6'9 PF, and 7'1 Center

heres the thing.

the year cal won it all. even then he struggled with zone. I firmly believe that you just cant trow talent at the zone. you need to game plan at it. IU tried the all talent/no coaching method and lost badly with 2 lottery picks. i have said it plenty of times but those who come in with the mindset of thinking they can force there way through the zone will lose big time.

i have spent a lot of time with the length argument plenty of times and my theory on it is that length is intimidating for SU only on offense, but for UK it is intimidating on both sides of the ball.

i think we could of crushed UK in 2012. not because we were better than them but because we were simply a matchup nightmare for them. has not proven that they are as good as 2012, and until they do i really dont see the point in this argument