• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Rashard Mendenhall - He was brought in to fix what has been an anemic running game the last few seasons. He really hasn't been much better than what they had before, and its arguable that Beanie Wells had more success. He's averaging only 3.1 yards per carry this season (1.7 in the teams' last meeting).

Pass Defense - If Mendenhall & company can't get the run game going, Carson Palmer will have to work against the #1 pass defense in the NFL. Palmer has been playing out of his mind since the game in October (69.0%, 13 TD-4 INT), which is one of the biggest reasons the Cards are 6-1 in those games.

Negatives

Run Defense - Seattle has the #1 pass defense, but the Cardinals have the #1 run defense. Seattle has the #2 run offense, but in the first 10 games of the season the Seahawks ran for an average of 153 yards per game, in the last 4 they've only managed 110. It should be a concern that the Seahawks are running for 28% less the last four games, cause if the team is losing the ability to do what they do best, it could hurt them in the playoffs.

Andre Ellington - Though he was quiet the last meeting (13 yards on 5 touches) he's had a great season. He's got 909 yards from scrimmage (7.1 yards per touch) and has been even better since the last time these teams met (540 yards in 6 games and both his TDs). He's able to break it at any time, and Seattle needs to keep the big runs to a minnimum and not let Ellington get the offense any momentum.

Matchups

Turnovers - These are 2 teams that thrive in getting take aways. Seattle is #2 in the NFL with 33 take aways while the Cards are #4 with 28. Seattle has been so good at winning the turnover battle this season (only losing the TO battle once) and it would go a long way to win the game if they win it today.

John Abraham vs. Okung and Giacomini - Anyone who thought that Abraham's age would make his skill set decline, was flat out wrong. Despite being 35, he's been putting in a very impressive, and it was his game against Seattle in October that woke him up, by getting his first 2 sacks of the season then. Seattle will need to protect Wilson, and stopping Abraham from getting pressure will be the biggest challenge to do that.

Overview

I know there has been talk that the Seahawks don't need to win this game, which is true in the sense that they are already in the playoffs and could still get home field with a lose today, but it is a must win in my eyes. Century Link must be defended, and losing today would only give teams like New Orleans and San Francisco hope that they could come into Seattle and win. Also, it isn't the team with the best record who makes the Super Bowl, but the team who is playing the best, and Seattle needs to show that it's play off time right now, and put their best into this game, as Arizona is a good team playing for their play off lives right now. Seattle has struggled running the ball of late, and they will be without Sweezy today. This would be a good time for the run offense to show itself, show it can run against great defenses.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARRGHHH! Stupid gift giving season. My family has decided this is the day we will all get together for Christmas, which is fine because I like to get together with them. But every stinkin' year they pick a Sunday despite my many pleas to do it on a Saturday. So to make a short story long, I will miss the game today. :doh:

Good luck boys. Win the division, clinch the HFA.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARRGHHH! Stupid gift giving season. My family has decided this is the day we will all get together for Christmas, which is fine because I like to get together with them. But every stinkin' year they pick a Sunday despite my many pleas to do it on a Saturday. So to make a short story long, I will miss the game today. :doh:

Good luck boys. Win the division, clinch the HFA.

Yeah, my wife's family is getting together today as well, but I shouldn't miss the game, just not be able to post during the game. Then I gotta drive to my families after (4 hour drive) so I may not actually post until after Christmas.

Go Hawks!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think being able to run the ball with be key. They have the #1 rush D and we have really struggled running the last 4 games as Lynch hasnt broken 75 yards since week 10 in Atlanta. Also going to be without Sweezy so Mcquis, Bailey or Lemuel with play RG. I think if we can run it like we did in the 1st matchup we should be able to win comfortabling. Although Honey Badger and Rashad Johnson are missing so there should be some plays down field. Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for over 400 yards last week against them. Balance on offense should allow us to win comfortably but if not it will be a dog fight.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is OUR HOUSE!

Remember when people were saying at the beginning of the year where we were ranked in the power rankings saying the Hawks didnt deserve it,well now look at the Hawks.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a must win game because it is a challenging opponent and if you want a deep run in the playoffs you can't let tough games slip by and simply chalk it off to something you didn't need anyway. Next weeks game would be different if we already clinched, but you cannot let arizona come in and win in our house and expect to beat some of the better teams that might come here in the playoffs. This must be viewed as a prelude to the playoffs and thus must be a win. It has to be won.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping for a clean game today with both teams walking away with no injuries. Carolina's Smith and Denver's Miller lost for the games because of knee injuries and that's crucial heading into the playoffs.

Please no injuries... :hope::hope:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No JR Sweezy today, so that's a bit of a loss, but I don't think it should have that much of an impact in the game. The last time the Hawks played against the Cardinals, they didn't have Okung and Giacomini at OL and gave up 3 sacks. Should fair a little bit better today despite the loss of Sweezy.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping for a clean game today with both teams walking away with no injuries. Carolina's Smith and Denver's Miller lost for the games because of knee injuries and that's crucial heading into the playoffs.

Please no injuries... :hope::hope:

Look like you may be adding Romo to that list.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like you may be adding Romo to that list.

It's making me nervous. But hopefully the injuries we suffered at the beginning of the season is good enough already. :L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite a somewhat respectable score, when the Seahawks and Cardinals played earlier this year in Arizona the Seahawks completely dominated the Cardinals. I have a lot of confidence going into this game and expect a dominant performance.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time! GO HAWKS!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is LOUD!!!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting TO.. WTF?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ball hit Housler right in the facemask, jesus.

Palmer probably got rid of it quicker than he was supposed to because of the pressure up the middle.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was embarrassing. Fucking ridiculous.