• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you ashamed of any former star players for your team?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maurice clarrett. simply becuase of what a dumbass he was, with regards to how he handled himself, and never gave himself a chance at the pro level.

He's doing good these days though, isn't he?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence Phillips is the obvious. Heisman caliber and threw it all away because he couldn't control his temper on multiple occasions.
Contrary to belief though, Nebraska didn't need him to win the national title in 1995 as they had Ahman Green as his backup.
87516-landscape-phillips-1.jpg

i was simply in awe watching those Nebraska teams in the mid 90's as a teenager, it was like watching "football perfected", to a tee. felt like damn near every single running play (which was pretty much ALL offensive nebraska plays) would go for at least 8+ yards a pop, it didn't matter what play was called, their execution/ability was so far above anything any other team could do to stop them. i remember being thankful that the Buckeyes weren't in the same conference as them, and thank GOD those days are no longer, now that the Buckeyes ARE a part of the same conference:D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna go that route too. All the talent in the world, just can't stop being a fucking tard for a minute.

He needs someone to structure shit for him.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Brooks
Chuck Person

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was simply in awe watching those Nebraska teams in the mid 90's as a teenager, it was like watching "football perfected", to a tee. felt like damn near every single running play (which was pretty much ALL offensive nebraska plays) would go for at least 8+ yards a pop, it didn't matter what play was called, their execution/ability was so far above anything any other team could do to stop them. i remember being thankful that the Buckeyes weren't in the same conference as them, and thank GOD those days are no longer, now that the Buckeyes ARE a part of the same conference:D

As you said, it really is about executing a system offensively. A staff needs to get the pieces put together and the players need to know their jobs.
9 of the 11 starters on that offense were Nebraska kids.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a kid when David Pollack was a badass linebacker for Georgia. He was dominant. First round NFL draft pick who's career got cut short due to a neck injury.

I finally had to unfollow him on Twitter.

Every Tweet is "I don't eat sweets, I don't drink alcohol EVER and only eat organic food."

I mean, the fucker even brags about weighing like 70 pounds less than he did in his playing days, and he was never fat, so he must be bragging about losing muscle?

Dude has turned straight queer.

I thought you were going to say you are disowning him because he picked Oklahoma to win. :dhd:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were going to say you are disowning him because he picked Oklahoma to win. :dhd:

He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong it is. I just can't deal with the faggotry he displays with pretty much every Tweet.

We get it, you're a health nut that went from a physically imposing beast to a scrawny man in touch with your feminine side. No need to Tweet about it 100 times a day.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had so damn few that I can't recall any of 'em really turning to shit.

I would like to hear from the aggie faithful. See if any of 'em defend JFF.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech may not have many star players, but the ones yall do have haven't given you a reason to be ashamed.

Unless you consider Reggie Ball a star. Him throwing the ball away on 4th down in Clean, Old Fashioned Hate is one of my favorite memories

Reggie not so much a star. All those amazing catch highlights for Calvin Johnson were thrown by Ball. And they were highlights because they were terrible throws that only he could catch.

You know, I saw Reggie do some amazing stuff and have stellar games. And then he had complete stinkers. More stink than stellar in the end, but at least he didn’t let the bowl streak end. Even won a few for us. That was his trademark, brilliant for 2 games, then a disaster for three.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not a star but was the leading scorer all time for quite a while. This piece of shit makes my skin crawl.
The lives of Eric Abrams

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hernandez.

Where do I go for my prize money?

this thread is in reference to college football stars, although yes, hernandez was an abominable piece of shit.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for me to feel ashamed. I didn't do anything wrong, they did. Just because they choose to enroll at my favorite school doesn't mean I'm tied to their behavior.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick

He has turned his life around and is being a positive influence, but there are millions that I'm sure will never forgive him. While his transgressions didn't occur while at VT, he is still the biggest name player we've ever had and it brought a negative light on Hokie Nation. His election to the school hall of fame this year had plenty outspoken against it.

To a lesser extent, his brother Marcus was arguably more talented, but just such a dumbass. Michael gto his big NFL payday and Marcus then had everything he ever wanted why still a kid, leading to a big head of entitlement that Michael didn't have while in college (at least not in my experience having conversations with him).

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is in reference to college football stars, although yes, hernandez was an abominable piece of shit.
But in the end he took responsibility by taking care of himself. This is what all gator fans were hoping for. I'm so proud of him.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for me to feel ashamed. I didn't do anything wrong, they did. Just because they choose to enroll at my favorite school doesn't mean I'm tied to their behavior.

oh shut up, you tool