• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we seeing a drop in UK Recruiting?

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, didn't know TN was doing so well

TN actually has a damn good starting five in A. Barton, Robert Hubbs, Jordan McRae, Jerome Maymom, and Jarnell Stokes. Sickens me that Antonio left to be a part of Pukenation. He gave us two good years though. This past season was one of unspoken conflict as Barton was not getting playing time he felt he deserved. He graduated in three years and found himself a starting role. Can't fault him but I hate the Vols and ...

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN actually has a damn good starting five in A. Barton, Robert Hubbs, Jordan McRae, Jerome Maymom, and Jarnell Stokes. Sickens me that Antonio left to be a part of Pukenation. He gave us two good years though. This past season was one of unspoken conflict as Barton was not getting playing time he felt he deserved. He graduated in three years and found himself a starting role. Can't fault him but I hate the Vols and ...

:laugh:

Yeah everyone seems to think UT will have a pretty good team this year. Idk...I'm just gonna wait and see.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh:

Yeah everyone seems to think UT will have a pretty good team this year. Idk...I'm just gonna wait and see.

Not a lot of depth but a talented first five. I don't think y'all are on the Tiger schedule this year but if you were we would stomp the dog piss out of you hicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cal has been the most scrutinized coach in CBB the last ten years. If he was doing something illegal, he would have been nailed by now. So I agree with you, I don't think the guy is cheating.

The point of my thread is wondering if last years UK has put a damper on UK's ability to recruit at the level they had been. Or is this just cyclic like everything else in sports.

I would have to say that regardless of how great Cal is at recruiting it's still going to be a cycle in most years.

The class that is going to play this season is more solid (on paper) than the one that fell on their faces so I would think if last had an effect on a specific class it would be this incoming class.

Now, if UK were to do badly again this season with the load of talent (and by badly I mean 10 losses, NIT or anything less than an Sweet 16 in my opinion) then one have to wonder if that would cause more recruits to think twice.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to say that regardless of how great Cal is at recruiting it's still going to be a cycle in most years.

The class that is going to play this season is more solid (on paper) than the one that fell on their faces so I would think if last had an effect on a specific class it would be this incoming class.

Now, if UK were to do badly again this season with the load of talent (and by badly I mean 10 losses, NIT or anything less than an Sweet 16 in my opinion) then one have to wonder if that would cause more recruits to think twice.

Nation...hope all is well man.

I'm suprised to hear you say a S16 is the standard. Many have UK preseason 1. Plus...where are all the UK fans? If I had started this thread on seebeesss, I would have been run out of town. Like I was when I called Gary Parish out for ranking them preseason 1.

cbs shut the boards down right after that. Hmmmmmmm.:scratch:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man jonvi. Thanks for the kind words.

Nothing Gary Parrish writes is worth the paper he writes it on. He never played basketball other than a bellybuster league , maybe... He's never coached. Hell, he probably never attended a camp as a player. He speaks from a fan perspective ONLY. I cannot remember anything significant he's ever written about that most fans of college basketball don't already know. And don't even get me started on Doyell. He plays to the hate crowd. The BIG EYE Network really is in shambles.

Not one sports-writer speaks of heart. Not one speaks of desire except in $$$$'s that a highly sought after player can make after college. They just don't know that much. Why do we all seek these sites where we can post about teams and players we love? It's to get some knowledge of teams we never see or players we've never watched that closely. We all have opinions about the way these teams operate. At the end of the day it's all speculation and a lot of pizzin contests.

I'll step down off my soap box now.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tville? Izatchu?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK will be fine... even Cal couldn't fuck up a program with that much history and heritage...

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not count anything prior to at least 1960 but more like 1970 - present.#segregation

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not count anything prior to at least 1960 but more like 1970 - present.#segregation

I could be going out on a limb here but I would have to imagine that if you program had actually won anything or was at least in position to win something prior to 1960 you would count it.

I love when fans from programs that have little to no history (championships, conference titles and so on) try to bash on programs that do.

C'mon man... this is why they keep something called "record books". :L

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nation...hope all is well man.

I'm suprised to hear you say a S16 is the standard. Many have UK preseason 1. Plus...where are all the UK fans? If I had started this thread on seebeesss, I would have been run out of town. Like I was when I called Gary Parish out for ranking them preseason 1.

cbs shut the boards down right after that. Hmmmmmmm.:scratch:

Jonvi - it's great to see you on here... I have no clue where the BBN is. I miss the old CBS boards to be honest.

Now, you may recall that although I am a blue mister, I try to keep a level head about the program and overall standards. I simply believe a program with the history and tradition like UK should at the very least be in the Sweet 16 every single year.

That said, I would hope that with the amount of talent we have this season I will see Championship # 9 but you never know. Injury bug could hit again, our PG play may not be as good as we hope... who knows. What I do know is this; Cal requires an above average PG to run his system which is what KILLED us last year. That and have Noel go down.

I do expect big things from them this year but as I like say, they don't play the games on paper, they play them on the court and anything can happen.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be going out on a limb here but I would have to imagine that if you program had actually won anything or was at least in position to win something prior to 1960 you would count it.

I love when fans from programs that have little to no history (championships, conference titles and so on) try to bash on programs that do.

C'mon man... this is why they keep something called "record books". :L

Wrong.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Memphis is UNDEFEATED against Kentucky in basketball so there's that.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jonvi, You may be right about your premise. Check out this quote from Dominic Magee:

"“[Memphis] is losing four senior guards so I felt like everything I wanted Memphis was giving me as far as as chance to play as a freshman,” Magee said. “It’s close to home but I’m not at home. My parents feel very strongly about Memphis and they never steered me wrong. Me and my parents, we decided Memphis was the spot for me.”
Magee broke out this summer, and ultimately attracted interest from Kentucky after they missed out on Emmanuel Mudiay and others.
“Kentucky [showed] the high, high interest,” Magee said. “When they was going to set up a visit, they was going to offer then. When they visit is when they give the offer.”

from

Dominic Magee to Memphis; Chandler to Visit Memphis | ZagsBlog.com

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we can have different opinions but the people in the recruiting business never said Wiggins to UK. Never. There was talk from KSR that Shabazz was going to UK but that's about it. The recruiting gurus said UCLA for Muhammed just like they said FSU for Wiggins. Only Kentucky fans claimed both were coming to UK just like they think EVERY elite prospect is coming to UK. Do you remember me from CBS?

I'm guessin you're either TigerGreg or Jamammy:hdn:

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you're a puss. Next question.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you're a puss. Next question.

Hahahaha! I needed a good laugh today. Actually that wasn't a question, but your answer sounds more like Jamammy!

Say, you got any good basketball players you want us to have? We might need a good point guard for the 2014 class.:wtf2:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man jonvi. Thanks for the kind words.

Hell, he probably never attended a camp as a player. He speaks from a fan perspective ONLY. I cannot remember anything significant he's ever written about that most fans of college basketball don't already know. And don't even get me started on Doyell. He plays to the hate crowd. The BIG EYE Network really is in shambles.

At the end of the day it's all speculation and a lot of pizzin contests.

Douggie, are your old buddies Grogans and his gang on here?:lol: