• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are We Having Coaching Problems?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it should be waaayyy too early for this. But:

1) Twice now, we come out flat in the 3rd quarter. Coaching?
2) Why are we running hurry up offense, when leading by 4 at home, with a few minutes left?
3) Why are we making coin flip mistakes, which we have never made before?
4) Why do we have to suspend players for this long to make a point? Isn't a game or two enough?

WTF?:noidea:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, it's way too early.

I know, but all those things point towards coaching.

Not being ready in 3rd quarter - coaching. Stupid play calling - coaching. Not being prepared on coin tosses - coaching. Not bringing back players from suspension - coaches choice. Etc...

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the LB doesn't miss the tackle, there is no question. Just accept the fact that Mack missed a lot on recruiting. OL, DL and QB. He sucked, but he got some lifelong Longhorns onto the 40 acres.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ask the same question as I did in the main forum - are people really already looking to change coaches THREE GAMES into his tenure? It's a "what have you done for me lately" world, I know, but damn that's just way too soon. Especially since Mack was here so long and shit the bed on recruiting and discipline the last few years (at least). Let's wait and see what the next season or two brings us before we hit the panic button.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to ask the same question as I did in the main forum - are people really already looking to change coaches THREE GAMES into his tenure? It's a "what have you done for me lately" world, I know, but damn that's just way too soon. Especially since Mack was here so long and shit the bed on recruiting and discipline the last few years (at least). Let's wait and see what the next season or two brings us before we hit the panic button.

Just observations and evaluations. Not saying fire the coach. No way we do that at this point. I agree we gotta give Charlie time - but we can evaluate along the way. So far I'm seeing some mishaps. I am also not impressed at all with our OC game calling at this point.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a coaching problem, it's a talent problem. Relax. I know it's hard to watch, but we will get there. It's just going to take some time.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just observations and evaluations. Not saying fire the coach. No way we do that at this point. I agree we gotta give Charlie time - but we can evaluate along the way. So far I'm seeing some mishaps. I am also not impressed at all with our OC game calling at this point.

Hizzle, I'm there with you. Really, the only coach that needs to go right the fuck now is Shawn Watson. He makes Corky Davis look like an offensive genius. Why not let Swoopes stretch the field? Your OL is the worst in the country, might as well air it out until our two tackles are reinstated. Yes, I understand he's young with little experience. Well, so is Kenny Hill and Sumlin's OC isn't holding back, letting Hill air it out all day. I remember when Nebraska fans wanted Watson fired so bad b/c of how bad he sucks. I also agree with your assessment about the suspensions. I believe Coach has made his point. Either reinstate the guys or just dismiss them so they can transfer elsewhere. We need those guys right fucking now!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embracing change and keeping it the same. Matthew is back!
https://www.facebook.com/utfootball...41829.281157461982268/648786168552727/?type=1
10696418_648786168552727_15966587424737103_n.jpg

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're in a transition period, but some of you can't tell me it's frustrating as hell knowing the game Saturday is already over. Defense will play its heart out, while the offense does nothing to help it out. I know our OL is terrible, but there is a reason Wickline is making a million dollars a year. Time for this guy to earn his paycheck. Then you have Shawn Watson...........On second thought, don't get me started. He's the reason this team loses 5-6 games this year.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's too early to label the overall issue as a coaching problem. It's not play calling that's forcing Swoopes out of the pocket a couple of seconds early. It's not play calling that is making him and the WRs miss each other. With the passing game being tentative and the OL not able to open up space for a strong running game, there's really not a scheme out there that will magically get us TDs.

You can't compare Hill and Swoopes because I think it's both a talent and fit issue. Even though Hill wasn't as highly touted as Swoopes coming out of HS, maybe he's just a better passer. Swoopes' big selling point, at least from what I remember, is his running ability. He finished HS with more rushing than passing yards. Before you argue otherwise, I'm not saying he can't pass. It may just not be something he's ever had to work on very hard, and I doubt the previous coaches were in a hurry to develop that part of his game. (Don't get me started on that topic.) He's got a lot on his plate right now what with suddenly having to start plus learn a new system. Hill, on the other hand, was picked to fit in a very specific system that Sumlin has going over there and has had going for a couple of years now.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, on the other hand, was picked to fit in a very specific system that Sumlin has going over there and has had going for a couple of years now.

Very true. You have to wonder how long Kyle Allen is going to sit on that bench over there in College Station.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. You have to wonder how long Kyle Allen is going to sit on that bench over there in College Station.

I have quietly wondered the same thing. Would be surprised if he is still there next year.