• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the LeBron fanboys

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk is cheap.
Eyes don’t lie.

I would expect you to say that. Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not looking to start anything & I'm not being my usual smartass self right now but it seems like whatever he does it'll always be an issue w/ you. Which is fine. Everyone has a player or 2 they don't like.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does like some drama, but that's not why Kyrie left. Before Lebron decided to return, the Cavs were Kyrie's team and they were going to build around him.

When Lebron returned, that went out the window. Kyrie felt it was time for him to lead a team and didn't want to wait on Lebron to retire or decline.

There's no doubt LeBron loves drama. And while I don't have the problems w/ him that others do he's still a jackass. If he was a bit more humble he'd be more likable. But that's not who he is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect you to say that. Don't take this the wrong way because I'm not looking to start anything & I'm not being my usual smartass self right now but it seems like whatever he does it'll always be an issue w/ you. Which is fine. Everyone has a player or 2 they don't like.

I have 0 issue with James the player.
My opinion is that he wants to control, as much as he can, what happens on the court.
Further, he should.
He’s like the Tom Brady of the NBA.

To counter, other then those articles, what makes you he’s think he’s ready or willing to defer to anyone?

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember hearing about this? Was this just Kyrie's camp trying to spin things or was it true?

Cavs reportedly tried to trade Kyrie Irving before he asked out of Cleveland

Kyrie also feels LeBron's camp orchestrated Irving trade talks with the Suns: 'They didn't want me there'

Ever since the shocking news broke that Kyrie Irving wanted to part ways with the Cavaliers, the narrative coming out of Cleveland is that the less-than-happy star guard simply one day decided to request a trade. It was a shocking development -- especially to everyone outside of the organization.

However, according to a tidbit from Jackie MacMullan's new article about Irving, it was actually the Cavs who were the first to look into trading Irving. Via ESPN:

For many, the swap from the Cavaliers to the Celtics last August was vexing. Irving was a champion on a contending franchise with a transcendent star, LeBron James. Who walks away from that?

What they didn't know was Cleveland had explored trading Kyrie in June, long before he asked out, a fact conveniently omitted when word of his demand leaked. Irving made the decision to remain silent while the details of his request were, in his word, "distorted."

"I didn't feel the need to say anything because I knew the truth, and so did they," he says. "So it didn't matter what others said."

Still, for a split second, Irving winces, as though someone has pricked him with a pin.

"They didn't want me there," he says.

Teams need to do their due diligence and explore every opportunity to make their team better, but it's still surprising that the Cavs were seeking out a trade involving Irving. What's more interesting is that Irving's convinced LeBron James' camp was pulling the strings on those talks.

In mid-June, shortly before Griffin left, team and league sources confirm, the Cavs explored a three-way deal with Phoenix and Indiana that would have shipped Irving and Frye to the Suns and brought Eric Bledsoe and Paul George to Cleveland. The Suns resisted, unwilling to part with their No. 4 pick, which they planned to use to draft Josh Jackson.

No formal offer was made by any of the teams, but news of this potential transaction stung Irving, who, sources close to him say, became convinced that LeBron's camp, which also represents Bledsoe, orchestrated the trade talks.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DdSRoKJV4AAcm3G

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember hearing about this? Was this just Kyrie's camp trying to spin things or was it true?

Kyrie also feels LeBron's camp orchestrated Irving trade talks with the Suns: 'They didn't want me there'

Ever since the shocking news broke that Kyrie Irving wanted to part ways with the Cavaliers, the narrative coming out of Cleveland is that the less-than-happy star guard simply one day decided to request a trade. It was a shocking development -- especially to everyone outside of the organization.

However, according to a tidbit from Jackie MacMullan's new article about Irving, it was actually the Cavs who were the first to look into trading Irving. Via ESPN:

For many, the swap from the Cavaliers to the Celtics last August was vexing. Irving was a champion on a contending franchise with a transcendent star, LeBron James. Who walks away from that?

What they didn't know was Cleveland had explored trading Kyrie in June, long before he asked out, a fact conveniently omitted when word of his demand leaked. Irving made the decision to remain silent while the details of his request were, in his word, "distorted."

"I didn't feel the need to say anything because I knew the truth, and so did they," he says. "So it didn't matter what others said."

Still, for a split second, Irving winces, as though someone has pricked him with a pin.

Teams need to do their due diligence and explore every opportunity to make their team better, but it's still surprising that the Cavs were seeking out a trade involving Irving. What's more interesting is that Irving's convinced LeBron James' camp was pulling the strings on those talks.

In mid-June, shortly before Griffin left, team and league sources confirm, the Cavs explored a three-way deal with Phoenix and Indiana that would have shipped Irving and Frye to the Suns and brought Eric Bledsoe and Paul George to Cleveland. The Suns resisted, unwilling to part with their No. 4 pick, which they planned to use to draft Josh Jackson.

No formal offer was made by any of the teams, but news of this potential transaction stung Irving, who, sources close to him say, became convinced that LeBron's camp, which also represents Bledsoe, orchestrated the trade talks.

Gtfo with all that. Lebron loved his little buddy.

#hugs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 0 issue with James the player.
My opinion is that he wants to control, as much as he can, what happens on the court.
Further, he should.
He’s like the Tom Brady of the NBA.

To counter, other then those articles, what makes you he’s ready or willing to defer to anyone?

I never said he was ready or willing to do anything. You say you have 0 issues w/ him as a player but in the comment I quoted of yours you said talk is cheap, eyes don't lie.

So here's my question to you. What makes you think he didn't mean what he said? He's know he's on the last leg of his career. It would only be in his best interest to have a teammate that can be the guy. And this series against the Celtics so far is proof LeBron can't beat a good/great team by himself.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does like some drama, but that's not why Kyrie left. Before Lebron decided to return, the Cavs were Kyrie's team and they were going to build around him.

When Lebron returned, that went out the window. Kyrie felt it was time for him to lead a team and didn't want to wait on Lebron to retire or decline.

I'm not buying Kyrie didn't want Lebron on his team.

Especially a score first PG

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron's made an ass outta himself before. The dumb Decision being televised. The not 5, not 6, not 7 comment. Him saying he was going to keep a mental note of all those that disrespected him after the welcome party in Miami. How he left the Heat. At this point in his career you can always play the what if card, like I did. But he loves attention so him being 2nd guessed about almost anything isn't an unfair thing to do.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hard to see.. GM Lebron was looking at what they could get for Kyrie. What's funny is Lebron wouldn't have a ring as a Cav if is wasn't for Kyrie.

This would be epic. Hope the Celtics sweep the Cavs without Kyrie.

Ohhh the karma

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was ready or willing to do anything. You say you have 0 issues w/ him as a player but in the comment I quoted of yours you said talk is cheap, eyes don't lie.

So here's my question to you. What makes you think he didn't mean what he said? He's know he's on the last leg of his career. It would only be in his best interest to have a teammate that can be the guy. And this series against the Celtics so far is proof LeBron can't beat a good/great team by himself.

Honestly, other then hoping James loses, I have no other lingering issues with him.
I'm always going to make jokes, but that's just me.
He's grown up a lot over the last 15 years, I love his charity work, so in general I say forgive and forget.

Anyway, as far as why I don't believe him:

"I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates."

How's that for a reason?
Four years ago he said he was 'going to mentor and let Kyrie play point guard.
How did that go?

You think this is true?

"I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge? "

Or this (at the time)?

"I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's made an ass outta himself before. The dumb Decision being televised. The not 5, not 6, not 7 comment. Him saying he was going to keep a mental note of all those that disrespected him after the welcome party in Miami. How he left the Heat. At this point in his career you can always play the what if card, like I did. But he loves attention so him being 2nd guessed about almost anything isn't an unfair thing to do.

It's not hard to see.. GM Lebron was looking at what they could get for Kyrie. What's funny is Lebron wouldn't have a ring as a Cav if is wasn't for Kyrie.

This would be epic. Hope the Celtics sweep the Cavs without Kyrie.

Ohhh the karma

Don't know if it's true, but if it was, then obviously James wanted him gone vs I wanted to hand over the keys to him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't see 2 great players walking away from each after winning a title unless one got really pissed.

And I can see the Cavs exploring trade options for Kyrie. Young and about to get paid. We all know who the Cavs GM is

Bottom line... Durant broke the league :behindsofa:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, other then hoping James loses, I have no other lingering issues with him.
I'm always going to make jokes, but that's just me.
He's grown up a lot over the last 15 years, I love his charity work, so in general I say forgive and forget.

Anyway, as far as why I don't believe him:

"I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates."

How's that for a reason?
Four years ago he said he was 'going to mentor and let Kyrie play point guard.
How did that go?

You think this is true?

"I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge? "

Or this (at the time)?

"I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true."

Because Lebron actually believes he can create another Kyrie with the right piece.

Not so easy to do

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you silly people arguing over why Kyrie left.

The reason he left is because he thinks the world is flat and he was afraid the state of Ohio was about to fall off the edge of it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no worries TLF, I am as uncmfortable as you are to hear this...........................your are the enemy................
No, man I am still friends with C-Rock on Face book - He is a good friend and loves God - nothing wrong with some friendly competition:suds:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. Like LeBron hasn't been down in a series before. He got this.