• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Cavaliers going to have a fire sale?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other team has the answers? I'd say OKC might improve with LBJ, but the Spurs don't need him and who else is there? He's great, but his whole career has been about panicking and massive roster changes when things don't work out. He obviously likes Cleveland and they're the only team that's beaten a monster W's team over the last 3 seasons. I just don't see the cavs as broken as everyone makes them out to be. They need a bench.

OKC is not the answer.

The Cavs are not broken on the court by any stretch. They just are not as good as the Warriors. I do see possible ways for them to close the gap for 1 year, anyway, but not sure Gilbert will pay that price. Also, the concern is more about the relationship between LBJ and Gilbert.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other team has the answers? I'd say OKC might improve with LBJ, but the Spurs don't need him and who else is there? He's great, but his whole career has been about panicking and massive roster changes when things don't work out. He obviously likes Cleveland and they're the only team that's beaten a monster W's team over the last 3 seasons. I just don't see the cavs as broken as everyone makes them out to be. They need a bench.

I don't think anyone thinks the Cavs are broken. They've been to the finals 3 times and won once. Obviously they are doing something right. The problem they have is that they aren't good enough to beat a healthy Warriors team and don't really have any way to improve the roster enough to get there.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are all impressed with my inside sources eh? you could easily see kyrie wanted out

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just signed Derek Rose

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow how did you know? Lol this post was made a month ago

actually it was not rocket science. The Cavs did not manage their cap planning to keep everyone. They are far over the CAP and Love was not the solution. The last few weeks have pretty much confirmed that theory

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like the prediction held true. Kyrie forced it for sure

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something fundamentally wrong with the Cavs starting lineup...it's not as good as the Warriors starting lineup.

Unfortunately for them, their bench has the same problem with the Warriors bench.

Looks like you nailed that on Trojan

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is @WiggyRuss your source?

#Wiggybomb

So in the fire sale, what goes first?

1. Well for sure Lebron must leave, which is probably 75% chance
2. Promote then a sign and trade solution to obtain something back like they did before
3. Move Love. Actually that contract looks good. 2 years at 25M. Heck you might get Lebron to help promote that deal to his new club.
4. Take on bad deals for picks
5. Hire a temporary coach and start the tank.

Who wants Love? Who needs Love?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Promote then a sign and trade solution to obtain something back like they did before
3. Move Love. Actually that contract looks good. 2 years at 25M. Heck you might get Lebron to help promote that deal to his new club.

Your plan is ‘logical’.
I think James wont want Gilbert to get any assets back UNLESS @WiggyRuss is correct and feels that James will go back in a couple years to finish his career.
I hadn’t thought that far ahead, but I could see that happening.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your plan is ‘logical’.
I think James wont want Gilbert to get any assets back UNLESS @WiggyRuss is correct and feels that James will go back in a couple years to finish his career.
I hadn’t thought that far ahead, but I could see that happening.

He'll have to if he wants to go anywhere but Philly or the Lakers. He'll probably have to opt-in and do a trade.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much cap room are they gonna have to eat any deals. If anything it'll probably be getting a small asset to spend an extra year and move an expiring deal such as JR Smith (basically expiring with most of his 2019 contract not guaranteed).

Still worth it, but gonna be hard to do a lot of it when they won't have cap room until next summer.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cavs I not trading a good trade value in Love without you taking a bad contract too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Suns would be a great destination for Love if LeBron leaves. The Wizards would be an amazing destination for him as well. The Kings would be a great destination though since they dont have their pick next year im not sure they would have the assets to pull it off.

Id deal Love to the Knicks AND take back some bad money if it meant the #9 pick in this draft.....Love for #9 and Noah?.....Love to the Clippers for one of their picks though they already have Gallo so thats not a great fit.

bucks would be interesting--- get the Bucks pick and Jabari Parker for Love?----- Love would be HUGE on that team- give them shooting, rebounding and they have plenty of defense to cover up for him.

Id say the Bucks, Suns, Knicks, Wizards, Jazz, Blazers, would all be interesting destinations for Love.

Maybe the Hawks since they have 3 first rounders if they wanted to ramp up right away. Maybe the Lakers if they strike out during free agency. Maybe the Mavericks if they strike out during free agency though obviously they would never give up the #5 pick.

The Bucks, Suns and Wizards make the most sense in my mind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cavs I not trading a good trade value in Love without you taking a bad contract too.
maybe you TAKE a bad contract in addition to giving up Love to get premier asset like the #9 pick from the Bricks. If yo uare going to rebuild and suck why not get the best asset possible--- just make sure the contract does not go longer than 2 years when Thompson and Hill are up.

Parker, Delly and Bucks 1st rounder for Love? #16 pick, Tyson Chandler, Marquis Chriss for Love? #9 pick and Noah for Love? #15 pick, Oubre and Mahimi for Love?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Suns would be a great destination for Love if LeBron leaves. The Wizards would be an amazing destination for him as well. The Kings would be a great destination though since they dont have their pick next year im not sure they would have the assets to pull it off.

Id deal Love to the Knicks AND take back some bad money if it meant the #9 pick in this draft.....Love for #9 and Noah?.....Love to the Clippers for one of their picks though they already have Gallo so thats not a great fit.

bucks would be interesting--- get the Bucks pick and Jabari Parker for Love?----- Love would be HUGE on that team- give them shooting, rebounding and they have plenty of defense to cover up for him.

Id say the Bucks, Suns, Knicks, Wizards, Jazz, Blazers, would all be interesting destinations for Love.

Maybe the Hawks since they have 3 first rounders if they wanted to ramp up right away. Maybe the Lakers if they strike out during free agency. Maybe the Mavericks if they strike out during free agency though obviously they would never give up the #5 pick.

The Bucks, Suns and Wizards make the most sense in my mind.

Washington is basically offering Gortat and 15.

Is Oubre a RFA this year?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you TAKE a bad contract in addition to giving up Love to get premier asset like the #9 pick from the Bricks. If yo uare going to rebuild and suck why not get the best asset possible--- just make sure the contract does not go longer than 2 years when Thompson and Hill are up.

Parker, Delly and Bucks 1st rounder for Love?

Parker is a RFA. Not sure about the rules on trading him. CLE is way over the cap so S&T is more complicated as well.