• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Cavaliers going to have a fire sale?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man o man red flags seem to be coming from Ohio. If LBJ is gone, now Kyrie rumor that he would want to leave too? The Cavs are either going all in on Paul george and going to break apart

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like if LBJ leaves then Kyrie is traded then that pretty much concludes the the fire sale

although I highly doubt Kyrie is traded even if lolibron james leaves

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like if LBJ leaves then Kyrie is traded then that pretty much concludes the the fire sale

although I highly doubt Kyrie is traded even if lolibron james leaves

Yeah Kyrie is young still, you build around him with whatever you get in the fire sale.

But this is a #hottake for sure, is LeBron really leaving? Doubt it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kyrie is young still, you build around him with whatever you get in the fire sale.

Its possible I guess, I mean they did just fire the GM, and apparently LeBron really liked him, so it might have made him made enough to leave.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is going. Will Kyrie want to stay for the rebuild?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think James sticks around another yr. but if they don't win the title in 2018 I think he'll leave. Got to think Irving would go as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is leaving but a C's fan can only HOPE. The only players going are some bench players. I expect the Cavs to only be better

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn...opened this thread thinking the Cuyahoga River was on fire again.

Very disappointed. :tsk:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His defense is too awful to build around. The offense is obviously great but how many times did the Cavs defense break down because he just let the guy he was guarding get through him like he was a wet paper towel?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His defense is too awful to build around. The offense is obviously great but how many times did the Cavs defense break down because he just let the guy he was guarding get through him like he was a wet paper towel?

I hear you but their team D was reasonably good in 2015. He just needs to get back to that with a better team to try to mesh with. A rebuilt team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Chauncey take the GM gig?

I don't see why LeBron doesn't just take that title and HC while he's at it personally. It's his show.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Chauncey take the GM gig?

I don't see why LeBron doesn't just take that title and HC while he's at it personally. It's his show.

I really don't think it is. That is why there is so much drama.

Griffin was clearly looking for a major deal to land Butler or George. He is now gone, which makes me think Gilbert does not want that. LeBron clearly did.

If Gilbert thinks LeBron is leaving, he will no longer try to appease him with personnel moves. If they don't upgrade, LeBron is as good as gone in 2018.

If this is all true, LeBron has as much pull in Cleveland as Tristan Thompson. He is just another guy playing out his contract in terms of front office influence. Gilbert is absolutely stubborn enough to allow this to end very badly.

Cooler heads may prevail, but I am thinking the LeBron/Gilbert partnership is over as we have known it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griffin was clearly looking for a major deal to land Butler or George. He is now gone, which makes me think Gilbert does not want that. LeBron clearly did.

If Gilbert thinks LeBron is leaving, he will no longer try to appease him with personnel moves. If they don't upgrade, LeBron is as good as gone in 2018.

If this is all true, LeBron has as much pull in Cleveland as Tristan Thompson. He is just another guy playing out his contract in terms of front office influence. Gilbert is absolutely stubborn enough to allow this to end very badly.

Cooler heads may prevail, but I am thinking the LeBron/Gilbert partnership is over as we have known it.
Could be.

I'd go with LeBron personally.

That's going to be at best, the second worst thing that's ever happened to Cleveland, if it happens.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if the rumors are true (and there are an awful lot of them) it looks like Gilbert may have finally tired of Lebron's demands and bullshit (which has to be pretty exhausting).

While he didn't exactly live up to the promise he made Cavs fans about winning a title before Lebron did. He did manage to get Lebron to come back and the Cavs delivered 3 finals appearances and a championship. So Cavs fans should be happy for awhile.

I'm sure that Gilbert also understands that there really doesn't appear to be any way for them to improve enough to catch GSW, so maybe he's ready for life without Lebron?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would James go if he wants to win? OKC? I don't see a team in the NBA that would become a legit threat to the W's with the addition of him. And if he went to a 3rd team he'd go down as the biggest carpet bagger in NBA history. Irving needs to commit himself to trying to play at least mediocre defense, James needs to realize that this is as good as it's going to get unless he's willing to come off the bench for the W's, and as bad as James can be, Gilbert has to accept the fact that he's the big ticket in Cleveland and put up with the bullshit. I am starting to wonder about James though. They shit the bed at the end of game 3 to basically give up the series. Maybe if they just added to the bench instead of thinking that something is fundamentally wrong with their starting line-up they'd have a chance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would James go if he wants to win? OKC? I don't see a team in the NBA that would become a legit threat to the W's with the addition of him. And if he went to a 3rd team he'd go down as the biggest carpet bagger in NBA history. Irving needs to commit himself to trying to play at least mediocre defense, James needs to realize that this is as good as it's going to get unless he's willing to come off the bench for the W's, and as bad as James can be, Gilbert has to accept the fact that he's the big ticket in Cleveland and put up with the bullshit. I am starting to wonder about James though. They shit the bed at the end of game 3 to basically give up the series. Maybe if they just added to the bench instead of thinking that something is fundamentally wrong with their starting line-up they'd have a chance.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the Cavs starting lineup...it's not as good as the Warriors starting lineup.

Unfortunately for them, their bench has the same problem with the Warriors bench.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something fundamentally wrong with the Cavs starting lineup...it's not as good as the Warriors starting lineup.

Unfortunately for them, their bench has the same problem with the Warriors bench.

What other team has the answers? I'd say OKC might improve with LBJ, but the Spurs don't need him and who else is there? He's great, but his whole career has been about panicking and massive roster changes when things don't work out. He obviously likes Cleveland and they're the only team that's beaten a monster W's team over the last 3 seasons. I just don't see the cavs as broken as everyone makes them out to be. They need a bench.