• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Buffs climbing now?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a double OT loss @ Cal, the Colorado Buffaloes sit at 2-3. A look ahead at the schedule and I can't see how even the most optimistic of Buffs fans can reasonably predict 6 wins and a bowl game. Still I get the feeling this team has already seen rock bottom and is beginning its ascent back into a credible program.

Consider:

Week 1: 31-17 loss to Colorado State. People will say this was a game the Buffs should have won. Yet Colorado State was coming off an 8-5 season and at 3-1 is arguably the better of the two programs right now.

Week 2: 41-38 win over Massachusetts. Big deal, Massachusetts, right? But the Buffs trailed 31-20 in the 3rd quarter before mounting 3 unanswered scores. And this is the kind of road game Buffs teams in years prior would have lost. Buffs teams don't win games on the road when they get down by 2 scores. Not until now, anyway.

Week 3: 38-24 loss to Arizona State. Compare this game to results against ranked teams last year. The Buffs made a lot of mistakes early and put themselves in a hole. Still they battled all the way in this one, when Buffs teams in years past would roll over for a 65-10 blowout.

Week 4: 21-12 win over Hawaii. Nothing to see here, the Buffs beat a team they should have.

Week 5: 59-56 loss to Cal. The Buffs had a lot of chances to put this game away and failed to capitalize. But rather than be deflated by 3 missed FGs, this team stayed in it. And this team didn't back down when they lost the lead, the way previous Buffs teams would have. They traded blows and in the end came up short.

I don't see this team going 6-6. I think 5-7 is possible, and it would be awesome for them to get that 6th win and a minor bowl berth. But even if it doesn't happen, I think this team is in a transitional year. They are a long way from being a contender in the Pac-12 South, but they are not a long way from being respectable again.

Your thoughts, Buffs fans?

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I don't see this team going 6-6. I think 5-7 is possible."

Have you seriously taken a look at your remaining schedule ? You are 2 - 3 right now. Outside of the possibility that you may be a 1 point favorite over O.S.U. in your house next Saturday, which of the remaining conference teams are you expecting to upset ? Ok, lets say that you beat the Beavers somehow, where will your next two wins come from just to be able to get to 5 - 7 ? Maybe you could beat Rich Rod's team & that's a big maybe, but I think that you would be very lucky to finish the season with 4 wins all things considered. Tell me of the following opponents which ones do you think you can upset ? UCLA, Washington or Utah at home ? At USC, at Oregon or at Arizona ? Be grateful that Stanford isn't on your schedule this year.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I don't see this team going 6-6. I think 5-7 is possible."

Have you seriously taken a look at your remaining schedule ? You are 2 - 3 right now. Outside of the possibility that you may be a 1 point favorite over O.S.U. in your house next Saturday, which of the remaining conference teams are you expecting to upset ? Ok, lets say that you beat the Beavers somehow, where will your next two wins come from just to be able to get to 5 - 7 ? Maybe you could beat Rich Rod's team & that's a big maybe, but I think that you would be very lucky to finish the season with 4 wins all things considered. Tell me of the following opponents which ones do you think you can upset ? UCLA, Washington or Utah at home ? At USC, at Oregon or at Arizona ? Be grateful that Stanford isn't on your schedule this year.

Mighty insecure response from a fan of a ranked team. Worried?

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mighty insecure response from a fan of a ranked team. Worried?

"" I can't see how even the most optimistic of Buffs fans can reasonably predict 6 wins and a bowl game.
""

Get back to me when you beat any of the top 25 ranked teams in the PAC-12. :nod:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"" I can't see how even the most optimistic of Buffs fans can reasonably predict 6 wins and a bowl game.
""

Get back to me when you beat any of the top 25 ranked teams in the PAC-12. :nod:

Don't need to. I'm already on record as saying I don't see how even the most optimistic Colorado fan can see 6 wins. You even quoted it. We seem to be in agreement here. Now if you want to talk Colorado football without being a tool, let's talk. If you just want to run your cock holster, I'll pass.

:suds: