• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are radar guns actually "juiced"?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aroldis Chapman hit 104 MPH last night which brought on the obligatory "the guns are juiced" comments.

Are they actually though? Or, maybe better yet, is this actually based on something?

I've been hearing about teams adjusting their radar guns to get higher velocity ever since parks started posting pitch speeds but I'm just not sure if I've ever actually seen any proof of it or any rational explanation as to why they do it.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aroldis Chapman hit 104 MPH last night which brought on the obligatory "the guns are juiced" comments.

Are they actually though? Or, maybe better yet, is this actually based on something?

I've been hearing about teams adjusting their radar guns to get higher velocity ever since parks started posting pitch speeds but I'm just not sure if I've ever actually seen any proof of it or any rational explanation as to why they do it.

The guns are not juiced. The number they put on the scoreboard is...

It is all for entertainment purposes. Chapman throws heat. When the number goes high, the crowd goes Oooh...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitch F/X is not. The one they show to the masses? Probably.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gunned at 75 in a 45. Fucking guns are juiced. Baseball is giving me some defense.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony LaRussa had the stadium crew add a couple mph to the indicator at Busch. Fact.