• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are All Michigan Fans Retarded?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a competition. There aren't other students out there preventing students from learning.

People care very little where you get your degree. It has more to do with the person than it does the school. I have had a career in programming for nearly 20 years. I've worked directly with big companies like Google, meet with CEO's of major auto companies, etc. Written programs that generated millions of dollars in revenue.

Yet - I am completely self-taught. The onlyo reason I don't work at major companies like that is because I would rather work at home and have an actual family life. So I left the valley.

I got there because I busted my ass to get there. I got my first job because I worked for free just to prove I could do the job. In the hospital type breakdown.

But according to your logic, well I must be terrible at my job and someone who went to some highly ranked college must be better. And you'd be way wrong. They guy I replaced had a college degree, and he had a meltdown because he couldn't handle the job.

Since you seem to be dead set on bringing up football - NFL teams do not give a shit what team a kid played for. They'll draft a guy from an FCS school if they think he has talent - and they have. At best an NFL team would look at a kid from Alabama and say - he will know the position probably a little better, but it counts for very fucking little in the end. But there is no kid out there getting drafted because "He played for Alabama". And it's no different in business.

Those rankings don't mean near as much as you seem to think they do. If I was looking to go to college, I'd pay attention to them to some degree and they would be a factor. But beyond that, you Michigan fans are just looking for anything to grasp on.

Hate to break it to you, but the elite academic school graduates get recruited like elite high school football players. Companies literally set up shop on campus and try to woo these kids to come work for them. On top of that, you have alumni networks doing the same.

Also, using the NFL as an example is humorous. Think about it like this. How many players have been drafted from the SEC compared to the MAC in the past year or past 5 years. They are both just playing football.

No one is saying you can't get a great job going to lesser schools. Your odds are greatly reduced though compared to those who go to top schools. Wait for it.......just like the NFL.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not born a fan, you have family that is one or the other. So you either chose to go along or chose to be a troll. Same here in Ohio.
I was just comparing tOSU and UM. Average GPA of admission, 3.7 vs. 3.82 and 1320 vs 1430 on the SAT. I would have thought the difference would be greater.

Ohio State is an excellent university with a very good reputation in many fields. Like Michigan State, it is a "land grant" institution, which means that, among other things, it has a greater commitment to admit diverse students including those with varying qualifications. That's probably the only reason there is any difference at all between these institutions from an admissions standpoint. They are, nevertheless, "selective" institutions.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to break it to you, but the elite academic school graduates get recruited like elite high school football players. Companies literally set up shop on campus and try to woo these kids to come work for them. On top of that, you have alumni networks doing the same.

Also, using the NFL as an example is humorous. Think about it like this. How many players have been drafted from the SEC compared to the MAC in the past year or past 5 years. They are both just playing football.

No one is saying you can't get a great job going to lesser schools. Your odds are greatly reduced though compared to those who go to top schools. Wait for it.......just like the NFL.

Everyone gets recruited.

U-Haul is looking for a .net developer right now. I didn't even bother replying.

Dona Riles
IT Recruiter
U-Haul International Inc.
2727 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: 602-263-6627 ext: 514116
[email protected]

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone gets recruited.

U-Haul is looking for a .net developer right now. I didn't even bother replying.

Dona Riles
IT Recruiter
U-Haul International Inc.
2727 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: 602-263-6627 ext: 514116
[email protected]
.net sucks

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.net sucks

Yeah, I didn't even consider it. Plus, I'm just not a big fan of having to go to an office every day. I'm not even looking for another job right now.

These companies will send these things out to basically every developer they can find, I'm not special.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have established that all Michigan fans are retarded, even the ones that show intelligence are retarded by association.

Thread complete.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was merely showing that yes, they do indeed teach the required courses in Alabama - which was apparently something you didn't believe was possible.

Pretty sure he acknowledged that Alabama teaches those courses. He just said they're not very good at it. :dhd:

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hjarbaugh.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have established that all Michigan fans are retarded, even the ones that show intelligence are retarded by association.

Thread complete.

At least we never cried about some stupid tree.

:boink:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on that, we can all agree.
Disagree. Special ed? :noidea:

So, we've concluded that Michigan fans are retarded and Bama fans are special ed. Do I have it right?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focusing on the oldest stuff is kind of a Michigan thing. They pimp out their wins from the 19th century all the time.
When was michigans last 3 win season?