• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are All Michigan Fans Retarded?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so triggered you're not even making sense. I didn't say anything about "required courses."

No, you were "triggered" by the OP and decided you needed to put down Alabama in response. Only it turned out you were full of shit.

PS: "Triggered" is such a stupid saying.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you were "triggered" by the OP and decided you needed to put down Alabama in response. Only it turned out you were full of shit.

Right up there with "butt hurt".

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If you want to count every community college, online college, private college, etc. Bama is in the top 10%. If you want to count comparable 4 year public universities -- they are mediocre.

It'd be like Eastern Michigan saying they have a top 5% football program because there are 1000+ football programs.
Im not sure why this matters at all. The title is "Michigan fans" not "Michigan grads". As most MI fans are not grads they could be the #1 university in the world and it doesn't matter with this topic.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, yet, you are using it. Hypocrisy.:lol:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because learning math is based on physical skill.

:L

Wow. I didn't think this was too difficult to understand. I will try and break it down to something you can understand.

Bama football is the best because they bring in the best players. It isn't that Bama is doing something different than everyone else. They just have more talent than everyone.

When it comes to academics -- the top schools bring in..........the best teachers to run their academic programs as well as the best students.

Are you catching on yet? If a mathematic degree meant the same everywhere, because Math is Math (or as you said 2+2 is taught better at one school than another). NO ONE would care where your degree is from and companies wouldn't be lining up out the door at the top colleges to hire graduates.

I'm guessing since you were in the military, you didn't go to college and didn't go through internship programs and college job fairs, etc.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I didn't think this was too difficult to understand. I will try and break it down to something you can understand.

Bama football is the best because they bring in the best players. It isn't that Bama is doing something different than everyone else. They just have more talent than everyone.

When it comes to academics -- the top schools bring in..........the best teachers to run their academic programs as well as the best students.

Are you catching on yet? If a mathematic degree meant the same everywhere, because Math is Math (or as you said 2+2 is taught better at one school than another). NO ONE would care where your degree is from and companies wouldn't be lining up out the door at the top colleges to hire graduates.

I'm guessing since you were in the military, you didn't go to college and didn't go through internship programs and college job fairs, etc.

I think the bigger problem is neither of you have questioned whether 2 + 2 is college-level math....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure why this matters at all. The title is "Michigan fans" not "Michigan grads". As most MI fans are not grads they could be the #1 university in the world and it doesn't matter with this topic.

If you only become a 'fan' if/when you attend a college -- you aren't a true fan, you are an alumni.

I can't vouche for the state of Ohio, but I know where I grew up in Michigan -- you are either born into Maize and Blue or Green and White. I had numerous friends who went to MSU, because it is absolutely brutal to get into UM, yet they were/are die hard UM fans.

I would have been accepted into 95% of the colleges out of high school, but UM wasn't one of them (I was turned down and then offered a spot on a waitlist) I don't see how that changes anything anyone says about the academics with the school. I'm still a die hard fan even though I graduated elsewhere from college.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do both MI and Michigan State grads have in common?

They both applied to MI.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a competition. There aren't other students out there preventing students from learning.

People care very little where you get your degree. It has more to do with the person than it does the school. I have had a career in programming for nearly 20 years. I've worked directly with big companies like Google, meet with CEO's of major auto companies, etc. Written programs that generated millions of dollars in revenue.

Yet - I am completely self-taught. The only reason I don't work at major companies like that is because I would rather work at home and have an actual family life. So I left the valley.

I got there because I busted my ass to get there. I got my first job because I worked for free just to prove I could do the job. In the hospital type breakdown.

But according to your logic, well I must be terrible at my job and someone who went to some highly ranked college must be better. And you'd be way wrong. They guy I replaced had a college degree, and he had a meltdown because he couldn't handle the job.

Since you seem to be dead set on bringing up football - NFL teams do not give a shit what team a kid played for. They'll draft a guy from an FCS school if they think he has talent - and they have. At best an NFL team would look at a kid from Alabama and say - he will know the position probably a little better, but it counts for very fucking little in the end. But there is no kid out there getting drafted because "He played for Alabama". And it's no different in business.

Those rankings don't mean near as much as you seem to think they do. If I was looking to go to college, I'd pay attention to them to some degree and they would be a factor. But beyond that, you Michigan fans are just looking for anything to grasp on.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we all get along? We need each other. The Alabama engineers are needed to continually improve upon their cotton gins so that the supply of cotton flows without interruption.

The Michigan dudes rely upon plenty of southern cotton because of the high demand for absorbent, yet breathable panties in Ann Arbor men stores.

Bi6vfNaIUAAMAvW.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we all get along? We need each other. The Alabama engineers are needed to continually improve upon their cotton gins so that the supply of cotton flows without interruption.

The Michigan dudes rely upon plenty of southern cotton because of the high demand for absorbent, yet breathable panties in Ann Arbor men stores.

Bi6vfNaIUAAMAvW.jpg

I remember that episode of Family Guy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan fans are attacking Alabama and Michigan State fans but ignoring the Auburn fan who called them out in not one but two threads? They are definitely "special" alright.

Reactions: 006

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you only become a 'fan' if/when you attend a college -- you aren't a true fan, you are an alumni.

I can't vouche for the state of Ohio, but I know where I grew up in Michigan -- you are either born into Maize and Blue or Green and White. I had numerous friends who went to MSU, because it is absolutely brutal to get into UM, yet they were/are die hard UM fans.

I would have been accepted into 95% of the colleges out of high school, but UM wasn't one of them (I was turned down and then offered a spot on a waitlist) I don't see how that changes anything anyone says about the academics with the school. I'm still a die hard fan even though I graduated elsewhere from college.
You are not born a fan, you have family that is one or the other. So you either chose to go along or chose to be a troll. Same here in Ohio.
I was just comparing tOSU and UM. Average GPA of admission, 3.7 vs. 3.82 and 1320 vs 1430 on the SAT. I would have thought the difference would be greater.