• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Archie Miller to Marquette?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing some things....

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my biggest beef with the ncaa. if a school decides to fire a coach they shouldn't be able to talk to anyone until the tourney is over

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my biggest beef with the ncaa. if a school decides to fire a coach they shouldn't be able to talk to anyone until the tourney is over

Agreed. Same goes for football. Wait until the bowl season is over.

Kudos to the coaches that say back-off til I'm done coaching here.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it really a big deal though? I mean if the team is done themselves why not?

and no one knows if there was a firing or not!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are talking to him yet, just that they are interested. Its well-known that Marquette really wanted Sean and made a quite generous offer when they hired Buzz, but he waited for the bigger gig to open. It's a new AD, but if they like Sean, one would think they'd like Archie since the two are not only related but very similar coaches stylistically with similar resumes.

I still think the job will either go to Brian Wardle (I'd put him as the odds-on favorite) or Ben Howland. The only other names getting thrown around a lot are Mike Hopkins (from Cuse) and Saul Phillips from NDSU.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the wife might want warmer climes, where she can show off her bikini.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are talking to him yet, just that they are interested. Its well-known that Marquette really wanted Sean and made a quite generous offer when they hired Buzz, but he waited for the bigger gig to open. It's a new AD, but if they like Sean, one would think they'd like Archie since the two are not only related but very similar coaches stylistically with similar resumes.

I still think the job will either go to Brian Wardle (I'd put him as the odds-on favorite) or Ben Howland. The only other names getting thrown around a lot are Mike Hopkins (from Cuse) and Saul Phillips from NDSU.

Yeah we really wanted Sean at the time and from what I'm hearing there must be some serious Archie interest based on tweets like Goodmans yesterday.

I really, really doubt MU settles for Wardle(and hope we don't) while he would be loyal and could pan out to be great. We need a big name to keep everyone. They say Howland is 100% on board and it's up to MU so I see this as the most likely thing unless WSU loses today and the Marshall convo gets going.

Personally I say throw all of the Buzz money at Shaka and see if some how some way he bites...or take Howland who is by no means a bad alternative.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget, Archie was the associate head coach under Sean at Arizona for 2 seasons before taking over Dayton. One could say that he took some of the same defensive principles with him to Dayton as well. We at Arizona couldn't be happier for Archie and his current success. He's up and coming for sure.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a good coach, good luck whatever he decides to do. They might just keep winning.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way Archie has talked with anyone. Dude is too focused on winning right now I promise you that. Would be an interesting move, though, considering the A-10 doesn't seem like it's going to slow down anytime soon. It will be a better conference than the Big East at least in the foreseeable future.

Of course the Marquette job is a very good one, so it's really an interesting debate

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way Archie has talked with anyone. Dude is too focused on winning right now I promise you that. Would be an interesting move, though, considering the A-10 doesn't seem like it's going to slow down anytime soon. It will be a better conference than the Big East at least in the foreseeable future.

Of course the Marquette job is a very good one, so it's really an interesting debate

keep winning at dayton and bigger jobs then marquette will open to him....plus i think we both agree that the big east is about to be a lesser conference than the a10 if it isnt already.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep winning at dayton and bigger jobs then marquette will open to him....plus i think we both agree that the big east is about to be a lesser conference than the a10 if it isnt already.

It certainly is the lesser conference this year. Doesn't mean it won't improve, but it will certainly never be on the level it was in the past. A10 is getting better and better every year, and I think Archie would be smart to stay at Dayton. He is a great coach, tutored by Sean AND Thad Matta, and soon enough a big program is going to realize he will be a huge get.

Especially because Millers are fucking GREAT recruiters

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly is the lesser conference this year. Doesn't mean it won't improve, but it will certainly never be on the level it was in the past. A10 is getting better and better every year, and I think Archie would be smart to stay at Dayton. He is a great coach, tutored by Sean AND Thad Matta, and soon enough a big program is going to realize he will be a huge get.

Especially because Millers are fucking GREAT recruiters

You can't recruit for Dayton.