• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP: Kelly says nothing "Off the table" when it comes to QB

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched his post practice PC. If I had to read between the lines, it sounds like Kizer looked sharper (it's day one so take it with a grain of salt). He described a "great play" by Zaire when a play broke down and he made a great throw over the middle. Then he described Kizer in the same situation (broken play) and said he went through his progressions and checked down to his third receiver for a short pass.

Again, reading between the lines, Zaire was improvising and made a play that was lucky to be made (could have been picked off) whereas he described Kizer as doing what he was supposed to do (check down).

Zaire's always been more of a magician and Kizer more technical. There's higher risk/reward with Zaire.

Ah the fun of trying to parse the coach's words.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched his post practice PC. If I had to read between the lines, it sounds like Kizer looked sharper (it's day one so take it with a grain of salt). He described a "great play" by Zaire when a play broke down and he made a great throw over the middle. Then he described Kizer in the same situation (broken play) and said he went through his progressions and checked down to his third receiver for a short pass.

Again, reading between the lines, Zaire was improvising and made a play that was lucky to be made (could have been picked off) whereas he described Kizer as doing what he was supposed to do (check down).

Zaire's always been more of a magician and Kizer more technical. There's higher risk/reward with Zaire.

Ah the fun of trying to parse the coach's words.
Sounds like Kizer will get the Starting QB Job however anything is up in the air for now during camp... just have to wait and see Kelly make the decision. However, us Irish fans know Kelly has made the wrong decision before.:lol:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just wants to make sure neither one leaves before the start of the season. Now I'm worried about losing Wimbush.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just wants to make sure neither one leaves before the start of the season. Now I'm worried about losing Wimbush.
I know what you mean and I'm worried about Zaire... I believe Kizer will get it and Zaire will have thoughts about transferring, as for Wimbush I'm not too worried about him quite yet. (We will see what happens as we get closer)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry. Everything I've heard says he's on board to redshirt and then compete next year. Were it not for Zaire's injury, he would have redshirted last year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not Im hearing that he has looked the best so far out of the 3.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was the highest rated out of high school.
Now he is going against the #3 team but they say his throws look really good. Im from NJ so I saw him play a couple of times. Kid is going to be really good just hope he stays.