• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anything new on bubba?

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just was looking at the college football rumor page and there was a little article on bubba, instead of copying and pasting, here are the basics

it says that bubba has stated he is keeping an open mind about his decision and he still isnt sure if he will be playing pro ball or college football next season and that he basically has until early august to decide, (which sucks) but it also says that time beck has been down there teaching him the play book.

anything new that anyone else knows?

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard his dad was quoted saying "he is going to nebraska, no questions asked" i read it in an article but i cant remember where. but i still don't think he is comming

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is high on The "U"

Money is not everything to everyone... we shall see.

I think he is realizing that once he signs the dotted line for a pro career, his life, his choices, his future is under the direct control of those who pay him.

I have no idea what is going to happen neither does anyone else pretend to know what will happen... I do not think he fully knows what he will do. I can only suspect that he has already taken a calculator and figured out what he would do with some of the money... But then again... I think he is a bright enough kid to see that with the $$$$ comes the burden of growing up before your ready.. Giving up much of the funniest most exciting years of life...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Scott Boras as his agent you can bet he will have at least one guy in his ear screaming Sign It! Otherwise asshole gets no commission

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has he already retained Boras as his agent? If so won't he have the same problems as Ehlers if he choses to come to Nebraska? It's not like Boras won't negotiate for more money when representing the kid.

If he comes to Nebraska and gets hit with the penalty for having an agent talk with a MLB team; does if effect football as well and could he be suspended for half the season by NCAA?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Steve Sipple
August could get complicated. For example: Would Starling's adviser, ultrapowerful agent Scott Boras, keep Starling from taking part in contact drills once Nebraska's preseason camp begins in early August, one scout wondered.

Sipple said adviser technically, but a good question none the less 885. I don't know all the rules but I'm quite sure NU has advised him of the by laws so that if he chooses the college route he doesn't jeopardize his career before he even gets one started

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubba is coming to Nebraska, dadburnit.....

And that's the bottom line....... cuz HH says so.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bubba seriously ends up choosing Nebraska over being filthy rich, I am seriously going to be the biggest fan of the kid........

He will probably be my most favorite player since Tommie Fraizer, whether he ends up being good or not..........just because it takes a person with some amazing character to turn down all that money to play college football.

Honestly, I have this weird feeling that he is going to come..........but instead, I am going to declare that he will go pro just because I do not want to jinx it.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bubba seriously ends up choosing Nebraska over being filthy rich, I am seriously going to be the biggest fan of the kid........

He will probably be my most favorite player since Tommie Fraizer, whether he ends up being good or not..........just because it takes a person with some amazing character to turn down all that money to play college football.

Honestly, I have this weird feeling that he is going to come..........but instead, I am going to declare that he will go pro just because I do not want to jinx it.

Exactly what I was thinking. You're right...no way he goes the college route.

Scotchfrost97

State Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Word is, he is coming to Lincoln in July. Whether or not he stays, is another question.

His mom feels education is important, and i think his dad wants to see him be a CFB legend.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's supposed to be a Bubba Starling story released on espn.com sometime this weekend.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep he's headlining the god damned college page :L