• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANyone Think Beathard Might Start Next Week?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't hurt I suppose. Why not?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he starts. Clearly out played Hoyer today and Hoyer got all the first team practice.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he starts. Clearly out played Hoyer today and Hoyer got all the first team practice.
Ya, the receivers don't seem to notice any difference between the two. They picked up right where they left off with Hoyer dropping two of Beathard's first three passes in the game.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Shanahan made a statement following the Redskins game that Beathard will start next week.

10-6.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. L
I believe Shanahan made a statement following the Redskins game that Beathard will start next week.

10-6.
Good. Let's see what the boy has.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this was Shanahan's plan but Hoyer's poor play forced his hand. The pass that Beatherd made to Robinson where he used his feet and moved to the right Hoyer would never have made. Hoyer is a statue which is okay if you have pocket passer skills which Hoyer has not demonstrated consistently. I get it is Hoyer and can't expect much but still expect more than what he has done. He is almost nonexistent for three quarters. 1 for 6 on 3rd down conversions. Tim Ryan had a lot of good insight about the game on KNBR this morning. On Hoyer he thought there were two routine sideline throws that Hoyer airmailed that sealed his fate.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is starting, which at this point I believe is the right decision. Lets see what he can bring to the table after a full week of practice, full reps with the ones. He'll still make rook mistakes as defenses are quick to key in on tendencies, but I liked the spark he brought with his play. That game could have gotten a lot more ugly than the final outcome had Hoyer stayed in and continued to play like he did in the first half.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is starting, which at this point I believe is the right decision. Lets see what he can bring to the table after a full week of practice, full reps with the ones. He'll still make rook mistakes as defenses are quick to key in on tendencies, but I liked the spark he brought with his play. That game could have gotten a lot more ugly than the final outcome had Hoyer stayed in and continued to play like he did in the first half.

Yea, I don't think switching was the plan but Hoyer's poor play forced Shanahan's hand.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I don't think switching was the plan but Hoyer's poor play forced Shanahan's hand.

My thoughts exactly. I had a gut feeling that the change was coming, just not as quickly as it did. Now we have the Cowgirls which should be interesting.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it was a terrible game but I think Beathard will start the rest of the season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Beathard is probably saying "fuck this". He's getting hammered the way Alex Smith did when he first got here only Beathard doesn't have close to the talent that Smith has.
I think with Hoyer's experience the 49ers could win two games, with Beathard, however, even though I;'m happy to see what he can do, the 49ers won't be able to win any games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like Shannahan's approach with Garopollo, play him only when he's ready. Agree to sit him rest of the season if thats what it takes. The odds of this is low, cause he'd at least play in parts of games, but point is don't force him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Shannahan's approach with Garopollo, play him only when he's ready. Agree to sit him rest of the season if thats what it takes. The odds of this is low, cause he'd at least play in parts of games, but point is don't force him.
You gotta play him to see what he can do before you are forced to give him the big contract next season. The problem is you can't risk playing him behind this O Line. This is a big dilemma for the team. Having him sit for the entire season cannot be an option, however. the 49ers would look like fools............not that they don't already.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how Garoppolo can recognize blitzes and aid in setting the Oline. It's easy to see how bad the line is with Beathard because he makes the line worse than it actually is. Put a guy in there who knows how to make line adjustments, move around within the pocket, and who has a quick release it's certainly worth to see JG playing. Of course, he's gotta have some parts of the playbook down.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how Garoppolo can recognize blitzes and aid in setting the Oline. It's easy to see how bad the line is with Beathard because he makes the line worse than it actually is. Put a guy in there who knows how to make line adjustments, move around within the pocket, and who has a quick release it's certainly worth to see JG playing. Of course, he's gotta have some parts of the playbook down.

The one good thing is the Pat's offense didn't change one bit with him in while Brady was suspended.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You gotta play him to see what he can do before you are forced to give him the big contract next season. The problem is you can't risk playing him behind this O Line. This is a big dilemma for the team. Having him sit for the entire season cannot be an option, however. the 49ers would look like fools............not that they don't already.

First things first, he needs to be comfortable with the scheme and teammates. NO QB can play well without these things.

Doubt he takes rest of the season to get comfortable, but point is don't force him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first, he needs to be comfortable with the scheme and teammates. NO QB can play well without these things.

Doubt he takes rest of the season to get comfortable, but point is don't force him.
We are probably making too much of Garapolo anyway. He's a career backup NFL QB with potential. Hopefully it pans out.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are probably making too much of Garapolo anyway. He's a career backup NFL QB with potential. Hopefully it pans out.

I guess you'll be disappointed if and when the contract is signed because JG is gonna rake in the type of G's that upper tiered starters in the league get.

You could be right...he might not pan out, but I like the move because SF needs a QB. Shanahan has some credibility when it comes to offense so I'll wait and see how he pans out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you'll be disappointed if and when the contract is signed because JG is gonna rake in the type of G's that upper tiered starters in the league get.

You could be right...he might not pan out, but I like the move because SF needs a QB. Shanahan has some credibility when it comes to offense so I'll wait and see how he pans out.
Agreed. At least they are making the effort to get the players they need.