• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else think Tiger is faking it?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have back issues, you don't swing that flipping hard. Wonder why he can't hit a fairway?

In his mind, he knows he's lost it. And he's too prideful to humble himself and try to develop a new smoother, Tiger swing. In his mind, he's still the old Tiger.. Aggressive off the tee and he's not adjusting to what his body is telling him. I'm the same age as Tiger, played professionally in many tournaments - I'm not as long as I used to be either.. but I'm smart enough to know how to keep it play off the tee and work on my short game enough to be confident in my game and competitive.

But look at his game. He's awful off the tee and he's not good inside 10'. Bad combo.

He's not that hurt. He just cannot take the fact that he's getting his ass beat by everyone.

Quitting just shows you even more about his character.

Biggest baby in sports:
1a) Lebron (Lefonda)
1b) Tiger

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how Sergio and Rory are running things now and Tiger is quitting golf tournaments btw.

Shows you how things can change. And to Sergio's credit, there aren't many golfers that would not have folded after Rory comes out in round 4 birdying 4 of first 5 holes.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have back issues, you don't swing that flipping hard. Wonder why he can't hit a fairway?

In his mind, he knows he's lost it. And he's too prideful to humble himself and try to develop a new smoother, Tiger swing. In his mind, he's still the old Tiger.. Aggressive off the tee and he's not adjusting to what his body is telling him. I'm the same age as Tiger, played professionally in many tournaments - I'm not as long as I used to be either.. but I'm smart enough to know how to keep it play off the tee and work on my short game enough to be confident in my game and competitive.

But look at his game. He's awful off the tee and he's not good inside 10'. Bad combo.

He's not that hurt. He just cannot take the fact that he's getting his ass beat by everyone.

Quitting just shows you even more about his character.

Biggest baby in sports:
1a) Lebron (Lefonda)
1b) Tiger

More like if you don't want back issues then you shouldn't swing that hard. His body can't take the torque he puts on it anymore and he need to try to get it done with touch.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all quickly losing interest. If it weren't for ESPN propping him up, we wouldn't even be talking about him because he's irrelevant.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how Sergio and Rory are running things now and Tiger is quitting golf tournaments btw.

Shows you how things can change. And to Sergio's credit, there aren't many golfers that would not have folded after Rory comes out in round 4 birdying 4 of first 5 holes.

On your 1st point...the surgery wasn't fake, so I'm going to say he probably tweaked something...this guy needs rounds under his belt to get any better so where he finished in a no cut tourney probably doesn't matter after the British. Agree he still swings hard.

On Sergio...no I'm not having it...68,61,67....71? When 60s were all over the board.

Rory did put the pressure on early, but he choked imo.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't choke when you finish 13 under man. He just ran out of gas and yeah how can you not worry about Rory when he birdies every hole out of the gate?

Sergio has had issues finishing tournaments, but you don't shoot 68,61,67, and then even and say it's a choke job. More like you blew your wad early and sometimes the putts stopped falling. He was throwing darts, but couldn't make anything.

As far as Tiger, he always quits when he starting to fall apart and it's always because of injury.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the guys who get older that play well in their older age.

VJ, Phil, Freddy.. what do they can have in common?

Controlled smooth golf swing. Tiger is still tryin to beat it like it's a **** stars ass.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all quickly losing interest. If it weren't for ESPN propping him up, we wouldn't even be talking about him because he's irrelevant.

The golf networks seem to be having a difficult time putting Tiger in the rear view mirror. He was their cash cow for so long.

Now, his body as well as his game has come up :lame:.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no question in my mind he's faked it in the past for reasons the OP stated. Keep one thing in mind : Tiger has gotten a free pass for many things and his drug use is at the top of the list. His ties to that quack from Toronto cannot be ignored and what that shit did to him can't be ignored either. At the end of the day he's just another egomaniacal idiot who cannot get enough of himself and that weakness has hurt him more than anything.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't choke when you finish 13 under man. He just ran out of gas and yeah how can you not worry about Rory when he birdies every hole out of the gate?

Sergio has had issues finishing tournaments, but you don't shoot 68,61,67, and then even and say it's a choke job. More like you blew your wad early and sometimes the putts stopped falling. He was throwing darts, but couldn't make anything.

As far as Tiger, he always quits when he starting to fall apart and it's always because of injury.

Not buying it...too many low numbers were shot on Sunday man for him to be over par....that tells you the course was there for the taking...he's always been able to throw darts, but can't make the critical putts when they count...he choked imo.

Tiger...I agree with one exception...'08 USO...he gutted that out b/c he was in the hunt...but on that point...all golfers that WD due to injury are sucking wind...just a bigger name imo.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nike is even thinking of demoting Tiger to their old Lesbian line of Dykie shoes. They have long tongues too.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lindsey Vonn caught him banging a room full of hookers and hit him across the face with a downhill race ski.
Those fuckers have sharp edges!

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the Lindsay Vonn thing other than she's white and he probably thinks that makes him look good. I don't think she's worth walking across the street for

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have issues with sciatica, and thankfully I haven't had a flareup in over a year. I tend to get it when I put on weight. Three years ago, my brother in law came out from Seattle and we went out to a local course. I bent down to place my tee, and I felt the sciatic nerve get pinched, but figured it was no big deal. I took a swing and fell to the ground. For me, there is no other part of the body that can completely incapacitate you like your back when it goes out. My sciatica has been so bad, I have had to lay on the living room floor for 48 hours. Tiger isn't not faking this.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The golf networks seem to be having a difficult time putting Tiger in the rear view mirror. He was their cash cow for so long.

Now, his body as well as his game has come up :lame:.

They don't do that because of their love of Tiger. It is because he still brings in the viewers - love it or not & they have not found anyone who remotely takes his place in terms of ratings. I love watching Rory, Bubba, Phil, Fowler & several of the others. However - like most on this board I am more of a diehard. We will watch regardless.

They are more worried about the fringe viewer. Perhaps someone will take Tiger's place in that respect in the future, but it ain't happening now & it is hitting these folks in the wallet. This has even been a good thing for diehards since it has resulted in golf being on TV much more than in the past.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it...too many low numbers were shot on Sunday man for him to be over par....that tells you the course was there for the taking...he's always been able to throw darts, but can't make the critical putts when they count...he choked imo.

Sometimes the putts just stop falling. If you play golf at a high level, you understand this. Sergio (like I said before) was hitting good shots and had some very good shots into greens. I think he was 80% overall for hitting greens for the tournament. But every good golfer has streaks. Good and bad. Sergio just simply stopped making putts. He was winning from day 1 and because he finished 2nd he choked? LOL C'mon man, if would have finished 10th - that would have been a choke job. Rory came out blazing and Sergio lost his putting stroke.

IT happens.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes the putts just stop falling. If you play golf at a high level, you understand this. Sergio (like I said before) was hitting good shots and had some very good shots into greens. I think he was 80% overall for hitting greens for the tournament. But every good golfer has streaks. Good and bad. Sergio just simply stopped making putts. He was winning from day 1 and because he finished 2nd he choked? LOL C'mon man, if would have finished 10th - that would have been a choke job. Rory came out blazing and Sergio lost his putting stroke.

IT happens.

After starting with a 3 shot lead, he shot +1 on Sunday when a good bit of the field when low & he finished 2nd....regardless of the start Rory shot 66, not a super low round and he won by 2.

5 shot swing...was he rattled by Rory's start? hitting the lady's ring? idk...This wasn't Norman @ Augusta, but a player of Sergio's caliber should finish that tourney off. Same with Furyk the week prior but at least Jim shot under par in the final round and was just beaten by a lower number...he didn't help him.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have issues with sciatica, and thankfully I haven't had a flareup in over a year. I tend to get it when I put on weight. Three years ago, my brother in law came out from Seattle and we went out to a local course. I bent down to place my tee, and I felt the sciatic nerve get pinched, but figured it was no big deal. I took a swing and fell to the ground. For me, there is no other part of the body that can completely incapacitate you like your back when it goes out. My sciatica has been so bad, I have had to lay on the living room floor for 48 hours. Tiger isn't not faking this.

:think: