• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else confident their team has a decent chance of going undefeated this season?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Anyone else confident their team has a decent chance of going undefeated this season?"

28UNFi7.jpg

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No proven QB play - check
Coming off an embarrassing losing season – check
New coach that fans hated when he was OC and subsequently forgot they felt this way – check

This is Florida’s year. Undefeated!

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long off-season is the perfect time for reveries...

Sept. 1 WVA in Charlotte - W: The breaks and the turnovers go UT's way. Sports hacks characterize it as the Vols' unearned victory.
Sept. 8 ETSU in K-town - W: The "showcase game" for their in-state little brothers is a Vols victory.
Sept. 15 UTEP in K-town - W: The Miners give the Vols fits, but a victory salves Vols fans' disquiet.
Sept. 22 Florida in K-town - W: Sports hacks first refer to the "Lucky Volunteers" in reporting their escape with a win.
Sept. 29 @ UGA - W: Georgia stumbles and bumbles their way to losing to the visiting Vols. "Lucky" again.
Oct. 13 @ Auburn - W: Barners are blissful until Tennessee refuses to go away and the breaks allow the Vols to steal victory. "Lucky" again.
Oct. 20 Bama in K-town - W: In utterly uncharacteristic fashion, the Tide spots Tennessee 28 points on turnovers, broken plays, and unfathomable breakdowns in special teams play. Saban is so livid, that the officiating crew asks Bama's trainers to look at him (honest concern for his health). Even the Hawaiian hero cannot overcome the gifts given atop UT's legit offensive output. Herbstreit calls Tennessee "the most fortunate Volunteers." Corso corrects him, "Lucky. Their just plain lucky."
Oct. 27 @ USCe - W: Muschamp's losing streak to Tennessee begins with a crushing home defeat.
Nov. 3 Charlotte in K-town - W: Big Orange fans are happy.
Nov. 10 UK in K-town - W: Hard fought game, though the Vols margin of victory makes it appear easy to those who didn't witness it.
Nov. 17 Mizzou in K-town - W: The final possession and the final score belong to the Vols. Victory!
Nov. 24 @ Vandy - W: Team 122 avenges the past two seasons' defeats by hammering the Commodores into oblivion. Even UT's 3rd stringers score. It's an epic route.

12 & 0, baby! Undefeated UT is playing in the SECCG!

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's extremely difficult to go undefeated in football. Only 1 P5 team has managed to do so in the last 7 years. Because of that, you're a fool if you're confident that your team won't slip up once or twice no matter your schedule.

Now, this kind of realism is best left on the shelf until August. It's January. It's time for reveries.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has a good shot against Auburn, even if it's in Auburns back yard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long off-season is the perfect time for reveries...

Sept. 1 WVA in Charlotte - W: The breaks and the turnovers go UT's way. Sports hacks characterize it as the Vols' unearned victory.
Sept. 8 ETSU in K-town - W: The "showcase game" for their in-state little brothers is a Vols victory.
Sept. 15 UTEP in K-town - W: The Miners give the Vols fits, but a victory salves Vols fans' disquiet.
Sept. 22 Florida in K-town - W: Sports hacks first refer to the "Lucky Volunteers" in reporting their escape with a win.
Sept. 29 @ UGA - W: Georgia stumbles and bumbles their way to losing to the visiting Vols. "Lucky" again.
Oct. 13 @ Auburn - W: Barners are blissful until Tennessee refuses to go away and the breaks allow the Vols to steal victory. "Lucky" again.
Oct. 20 Bama in K-town - W: In utterly uncharacteristic fashion, the Tide spots Tennessee 28 points on turnovers, broken plays, and unfathomable breakdowns in special teams play. Saban is so livid, that the officiating crew asks Bama's trainers to look at him (honest concern for his health). Even the Hawaiian hero cannot overcome the gifts given atop UT's legit offensive output. Herbstreit calls Tennessee "the most fortunate Volunteers." Corso corrects him, "Lucky. Their just plain lucky."
Oct. 27 @ USCe - W: Muschamp's losing streak to Tennessee begins with a crushing home defeat.
Nov. 3 Charlotte in K-town - W: Big Orange fans are happy.
Nov. 10 UK in K-town - W: Hard fought game, though the Vols margin of victory makes it appear easy to those who didn't witness it.
Nov. 17 Mizzou in K-town - W: The final possession and the final score belong to the Vols. Victory!
Nov. 24 @ Vandy - W: Team 122 avenges the past two seasons' defeats by hammering the Commodores into oblivion. Even UT's 3rd stringers score. It's an epic route.

12 & 0, baby! Undefeated UT is playing in the SECCG!
That's quite an adventure Tin Man! While behind the looking glass, did you go chasing rabbits?!
But alas, all is for naught, as the Mighty Bayou Bengals puts an end to the Cinderella saga with a resounding defeat of the Vols in the SECCG!

However, the Vols get a mulligan in the CFPCG, but the Mighty Bayou Bengals prevail again!!

(enjoy the rest of January)

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mighty Bayou Bengals 2018 schedule

Sunday
Sep. 2 Miami (FL) Hurricanes

Saturday
Sep. 8 Southeastern Louisiana Lions

Saturday
Sep. 15 @cupcake

Saturday
Sep. 22 Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Saturday
Sep. 29 cupcake

Saturday
Oct. 6 @ cupcake

Saturday
Oct. 13 cupcake

Saturday
Oct. 20 cupcake

Saturday
Oct. 27 Bye U. Gremlins

Saturday
Nov. 3 cupcake

Saturday
Nov. 10 @creampuffs

Saturday
Nov. 17 Rice Owls

Saturday
Nov. 24 @sheep molesters

Saturday
Dec. 1 Cupcake Championship Game

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my team has a very good chance. Maybe not undefeated all season, but a couple weeks in a row, sure.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 Washington Huskies football schedule:

Sat., Sept. 1 – at Auburn (W)
Sat., Sept. 8 – NORTH DAKOTA (W)
Sat., Sept. 15 – at Utah (W)
Sat., Sept. 22 – ARIZONA STATE (W)
Sat., Sept. 29 – BRIGHAM YOUNG (W)
Sat., Oct. 6 – at UCLA (W)
Sat., Oct. 13 – at Oregon (W)
Sat., Oct. 20 – COLORADO (W)
Sat., Oct. 27 – at California (W)
Sat., Nov. 3 – STANFORD (W)
Sat., Nov. 10 – bye
Sat., Nov. 17 – OREGON STATE (W)
Fri., Nov. 23 – at Washington State (W)

10172015-HuskiesOregonGalleryNew_05-780x598.jpg

My biggest concern is Auburn. Although it's on a "neutral site," it will be a huge away game for us. They started advertising tickets in October to season ticket holders and they were like either $200 or $250 each. I doubt UW will have much of a presence there.

It'll be an away game against a good SEC team. I wouldn't bet on 12-0. I'd expect the Huskies to lose that game, personally. Rest of the wins I'm comfortable with, although I'd go 50/50 on Stanford. It'll be at home, but Bryce Love is a hell of a running back.

I'd put our over/under at 10.5 wins.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is Auburn. Although it's on a "neutral site," it will be a huge away game for us. They started advertising tickets in October to season ticket holders and they were like either $200 or $250 each. I doubt UW will have much of a presence there.

It'll be an away game against a good SEC team. I wouldn't bet on 12-0. I'd expect the Huskies to lose that game, personally. Rest of the wins I'm comfortable with, although I'd go 50/50 on Stanford. It'll be at home, but Bryce Love is a hell of a running back.

Never fear ... Washington is going to pound Auburn like a hot little homeless runaway teen holed up at a Motel 6 with a horny trucker.

c2045f126ba4fd31f869f03aa5216bb2

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Husky Bowl Game | Presented by DowEvents International
Former UW Husky Offensive Lineman Don Dow and his company DowEvents have created an unrivaled package for the Event.

Club Level game tickets, Club Level rooms at the luxurious Westin Hotel, Buckhead. Activities including in-stadium pre-game tailgate, welcome reception at Del Frisco’s, airport transfers, Official DowEvents Husky Bar next door to hotel complete with cigar lounge. If you are a golfer, tee times at two local private country clubs.

DowEvents has hosted clients at the Masters for 23 consecutive years just down the road in Augusta, GA. Making Atlanta nearly our back yard.

Join us as we make Auburn BOW DOWN in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game!!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former UW Husky Offensive Lineman Don Dow and his company DowEvents have created an unrivaled package for the Event.

Club Level game tickets, Club Level rooms at the luxurious Westin Hotel, Buckhead. Activities including in-stadium pre-game tailgate, welcome reception at Del Frisco’s, airport transfers, Official DowEvents Husky Bar next door to hotel complete with cigar lounge. If you are a golfer, tee times at two local private country clubs.

DowEvents has hosted clients at the Masters for 23 consecutive years just down the road in Augusta, GA. Making Atlanta nearly our back yard.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed in the pamphlet you are marketing that there isn’t a price. I’m going to guess this would run roughly $1500 a person AT MINIMUM

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in the pamphlet you are marketing that there isn’t a price. I’m going to guess this would run roughly $1500 a person AT MINIMUM
No idea ... you'd have to contact Don Dow or his wife for the details. He's a regular poster in the Husky Nation Facebook group.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea ... you'd have to contact Don Dow or his wife for the details. He's a regular poster in the Husky Nation Facebook group.

It’s definitely a nice trip. But I doubt this will draw tons of husky fans to Atlanta with which I’m sure the pricing is salty.

However I do think you guys win this.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it count as undefeated if your team gets the death penalty? Asking “for a friend”.