• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody play defense in the NCAA anymore?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is overrated, only thing that matters is how many pass attempts your team can attempt.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is overrated, only thing that matters is how many pass attempts your team can attempt.

If any team could attempt a pass without attempting a pass I'd give them them the trophy right meow.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team could attempt a pass without attempting a pass I'd give them them the trophy right meow.

Hmm, it's called a sack

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA took advantage by throwing the ball in the A&M's secondary cause there wasn't alot of experience players our are best Nickelback Donovan Wilson got hurt in that game. They couldn't run on us.
Injuries only happen to SEC teams right?

Washington was without their leading tackler vs Bama along with his teammate who happened to lead the PAC in sacks .... not to mention UW's starting QB was injured coming into that game hence the reason he had surgery on his throwing shoulder less than two weeks after playing Bama.

Nah, i saw someone bitching about depth and making excuses

Yet you chose to reply to me @NU_FTW ... keep your ass out of a convo if you don't read it from the beginning.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You chose to reply to me and not the first poster who mentioned injuries. Shit like this is why STFU was invented for the internet.
Who does the ref call the personal foul on? the guy who threw the punch or the one who reacts... quit ur bitchin, get back in the kitchen lil lady

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread about defense is created, I post a link showing Washington is #2 on there and everyone here loses their shit. Talk about a bunch of snowflakes.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's #2 in Total DEFENSE? Ya that's right ... suck it 8===D

washington_huskies.png

r2bXM4C.jpg

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not fortunate enough to have one of those SEC edumacation so maybe you can help me out here.

Bama beat A&M by a score of 33 - 14.
Bama beat UW by a score of 24 - 7.

So what game was closer? Help us out here @ralphiewvu

Hold on I’m going to need a calculator

vOptix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach beginning of the season presser: "We're going to pass a lot this year."
Second year coach beginning of the season: "We're going to pass a lot AND TRY TO CATCH it a lot this year."

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the stats, 57 of 130 teams are averaging 30+ points per game. 43 give up more than 30+ points per game.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia QB Will Grier doesn’t see big difference between Big 12, SEC

Joe Buettner
@Joe_Buettner
Posted 21 mins ago
West Virginia quarterback Will Grier has a broader perspective than most when it comes to college football conferences.

Grier originally went to Florida before transferring to West Virginia after the 2015 season, and during an interview on ESPN’s Campus Conversations podcast, Grier was asked if he noticed any tangible differences between the Big 12 and SEC.

For starters, Grier doesn’t think Big 12 defenses get enough credit.

“These first couple of games, these Big 12 defense, I don’t know if they’re better this year than they have been in the past, but it’s been a fight,” Grier said on the podcast. “We’ve played some really good defenses and every game. TCU was a really good defense. Texas Tech’s a really good defense.

“These aren’t, I mean these teams aren’t just showing up without a defense. I don’t know if it’s been different in the past, but we’ve played some really good defenses so far and we will in the future. Big 12 as a whole is really good this year.”

Grier continued to speak on the matter and said he doesn’t see much of a difference between the two leagues, despite the SEC’s more competitive reputation.

“As far as differences, there’s not a whole lot to me,” Grier said. “… It was fun playing in the SEC. It’s interesting, because in the SEC there was this hype about it, that it’s the best league in the country or it’s the best conference in the country, whatever. It’s part of the reason that I went to Florida. I wanted to play with the best.

“But to be honest, there’s not a whole lot of difference in mind between them and anybody else I’ve played so far this year. It’s playing football, and there’s a lot of good players all over the country and a lot of good conferences. And I think you’re starting to see it balance itself out across the country, so I don’t see much of a difference.”

West Virginia is 4-2 (2-1 Big 12) this season with contests already played against ACC foe Virginia Tech, TCU and Texas Tech. The Mountaineers are at Baylor on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a prime example of defense no longer wins championships. We might possibly have the best defense in the country and the worst offense in the country. Can't win anything without an offense in today's game.