• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody, besides me ...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tired of hearing about Riley Cooper already? Sheeeesh.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I've heard some tidbits about it, but I have yet to run into an actual story about him. No idea what's going on. :lalala: Don't know who he is, don't care.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not good enough to be that big of an idiot. He will be a fed-x driver this time next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said is wrong but overall its not the worse thing I ever heard. I mean he used the N word but people need to realize that word can be used for white or black. Its just the African Americans take that word to a whole different level. They call it to each other all the time. Just like white people calling each other cracker.

Again Im not saying its ok that he said it I just don't think it should be this big of a story. Now if P. Manning said it I can understand the story. its god damn Payton manning. This guy isnt a big time player.

I dont use that word and dont like to hear it either because I have alot of African American friends.

I hope no one on here takes this the wrong way. BY NO MEANS THIS IS OK WHAT HE SAID.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of it. Espn is hardly worth watching anymore.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said is wrong but overall its not the worse thing I ever heard. I mean he used the N word but people need to realize that word can be used for white or black. Its just the African Americans take that word to a whole different level. They call it to each other all the time. Just like white people calling each other cracker. .

never in my life (60+ years) have i ever heard a white person call another white person a cracker!
..... that vs the 1,000+ times i've heard blacks call each other ****er. :bullshit:

edit: look at that. you can't even type it here. ... funny, cause cracker showed up just fine! (kinda my point)

Last edited by a moderator:

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Cracker.ha I wouldn't be offended if any ethnicity, race, religion, creed, etc. called me a cracker or honkey. You can call me white trash too if you like.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Cracker.ha I wouldn't be offended if any ethnicity, race, religion, creed, etc. called me a cracker or honkey. You can call me white trash too if you like.

What if they call you a wolverine.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on what kind. I would be happy to be Hugh Jackman.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tired of hearing about Riley Cooper already? Sheeeesh.

:agree:

I am tired of the Riley Cooper thing, and I am also tired of the entire race debate.

Racism will always exist on some level, and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it other than let time take its course... but lately I feel like the black leadership are making it worse by screaming "race" everytime something happens between a black and non-black regardless if it had anything to really do with race.

And indirectly, they are bringing people who are non-racial and accepting in to pick sides...

Just sad...

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better than listening about Drew Brees' lack of a proper tip....

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, I have been called a cracker 1000x ... wonder if a player would get in trouble for call a white a cracker? No.. .nobody gives a shit.

What is a black calls another black a Ni... ? Again, nobody cares... it happens a 10,000x each day in more urban neighborhoods and probably a few hundred times a day between NFL players on the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SEC.

Now this might be going to far but Cooper can say that the NFL and his teammates are being racist to him because he is white. If a black football player said that it would be ok. He is getting in trouble because he was a white person saying the word.

Again I don't think its ok. Im just throwing in a twist.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SEC.

Now this might be going to far but Cooper can say that the NFL and his teammates are being racist to him because he is white. If a black football player said that it would be ok. He is getting in trouble because he was a white person saying the word.

Again I don't think its ok. Im just throwing in a twist.

You and your friends don't get it. Blacks were subject to that word not to long ago when they could not say or do anything about it. Some one calls you a "cracker" no one is stopping you from saying something back not now not ten years ago not 50 years ago.. The grand mothers and grandfathers of blacks today could not use the same bathroom as a whites, Drink out of the same water fountain and would get beaten or killed for being with a white person and would get beaten for talking back if someone called them that word. So you have no idea what it is to have that memory and while I wish they wouldn't (I'm not black) use it at all some have decided to take it back between themselves and thats between them. It doesn't mean a guy like Cooper can use it with a group and not be seen as racist. There is no "twist" .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
socal I agree its a bad word to use but blacks changed the word and what it means now. Alot of them use it as friendship. Like saying whats up buddy, they say whats up N***a. I dont use this word because I know it is a hurtful word and I have alot of black friends that I respect.

Think about it almost ever rapper uses it in their raps. the word lost alot of meaning because of how they use it so often. Now how cooper said it was use to hurt not as playful. Also has anyone ask him if he was talking about blacks or was he using the word as general(meaning everyone).

Overall I think we need to stop using the word all together. White or black.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
socal I agree its a bad word to use but blacks changed the word and what it means now. Alot of them use it as friendship. Like saying whats up buddy, they say whats up N***a. I dont use this word because I know it is a hurtful word and I have alot of black friends that I respect.

Think about it almost ever rapper uses it in their raps. the word lost alot of meaning because of how they use it so often. Now how cooper said it was use to hurt not as playful. Also has anyone ask him if he was talking about blacks or was he using the word as general(meaning everyone).

Overall I think we need to stop using the word all together. White or black.

They changed it between themselves. They use it with friends and they use it against enemies but when a white guy calls a black guy the meaning hasn't changed. And it's not up to non blacks to say it's changed meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal the only way this will end is if Blacks stop using it. By saying its ok for Blacks to use and not whites is racist with in it self.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal the only way this will end is if Blacks stop using it. By saying its ok for Blacks to use and not whites is racist with in it self.

The thing is. Unless you're black you don't get a say on what word still offends them no matter what they do with it. It has been used against them for many years when they had to sit an take it. Now you want to tell them they can't use it among themselves because it's offensive to you. Mind you, I think it's an ugly word and wish I wouldn't hear it at all either but who are we to tell them that now we are saying you can't use it at all. It's the I can call my brother an asshole but if you do it I'm gonna kick your ass (but on a higher lever).

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They changed it between themselves. They use it with friends and they use it against enemies but when a white guy calls a black guy the meaning hasn't changed. And it's not up to non blacks to say it's changed meaning.

I seldom agree with SoCal, but I will make an exception here. I don't like it when one group tells another what they should, or shouldn't get upset about. I can tell a woman she shouldn't get upset if I call her a bitch, whore, c*nt, slut, or many other things, but if she does get upset, who is at fault, her or me. Just because some of these words have entered into popular usage in the language doesn't mean we have the right to use them and expect others not to get upset.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just think you cant get upset if you yourself uses the word. U cant expect others not to use it if you use it. My black friend says this all the time..."whats up my N***a" to me all the time. He doesn't mind if white people say it back. Now in this case that word means friendship. I also hear him say "Im going to kill these n***** in basketball". Now we are playing white guys and he still calls them the N word.

Socal great conversation. I want you to know I do agree with you. The word is a nasty word.