• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any UFC fans in the house??

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody else follow UFC very much?
Im a big Forrest Griffin and Josh Koschek fan.

Football seasons over but fighting season never is so Im considering topics to talk about.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Forrest, Brandon Vera, Joe Lauzon, GSP, and anyone fighting BJ Penn.

UFC is fucking GREAT.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 - what does your "motivational" avatar say at the bottom of the picture?

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any word on Brock Lesnar? I heard he might be out due to some illness....The dude is just a complete fucking beast!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he had a really bad intestinal bacteria that was career threatening. A couple of his trainers have said that he will fight again. They are meeting with doctors soon to discuss when he might be able to get back in the octagon.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The dude is just absolutely nasty in the ring. Saw him fight Frank Mir and they were both just incredible. Versus carries WEC so Ive really focused on most of those fighters......

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My avatar says:

BITCH
if you decommit from a school you should expect a man named suh to make you his

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really liked brock lesnar until after his last fight against Mir when Lesnar won. He was flippin the crowd off and sayin that while all the faggots there are watchin the other pointless matches he's gonna go fuck his wife and just showed no class.
My all time least favorite is Hoyce Gracie. He was a piece of shit if I ever saw one.
In his prim Urijah Faber was the most dominant fighter I ever saw. Granted it was WEC but still....he still hasnt recoverred from that spinning back fist that Mike Brown knockd him out with

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id say the same for Brown when he go KO'd by Jose Aldo. But Fabre is on his way back in true form. He fought Sunday and looked real good against Assuncao. He started a bit slow but definitely came on in his normal fashion.
Isnt Dana White the one who handles UFC...........Didn't he have some kind of contract stuff going on with Couture.

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah Dana White runs the UFC. Bought it for like $30,000. Id say it was a pretty damn good investment. I dont know what you mean by contract stuff with couture? I assume your talking about Randy Couture. He fights this weekend I know.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id say it was a DAMN good investment.

For some reason I thought there was a contract disoute between White and Couture and Couture was suing Dana White? Obviously not if hes on a card this weekend.

Again, since Versus carries mostly WEC, I've become more familiar with those fighters than the UFC folks. Regardless, MMA is definitely taking center stage over boxing big time.

I mean seriously, with fighters like Gina Carano, how can you just not love the sport!

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well the athleticism it requires is remarkable. Not saying boxers arent athletic but if you put Manny Pacquiou or Floyd Mayweather into the octagon against anyone and they wouldnt last one round. You have to be so dynamic with people bringing in judo, ju-jitzu, muay thay, wrestling, and tons of other things in....its incredible.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well the athleticism it requires is remarkable. Not saying boxers arent athletic but if you put Manny Pacquiou or Floyd Mayweather into the octagon against anyone and they wouldnt last one round. You have to be so dynamic with people bringing in judo, ju-jitzu, muay thay, wrestling, and tons of other things in....its incredible.

Totally agree with you. Im sure as long as they stayed on their feet and made it a boxing match, Manny or Floyd might make it interesting. However, the minute you mix in the grappling and wrestling along with that boxing, you've just taken them out of the picture. Something tells me Floyd wouldnt fair being submissed in a rear naked choke!

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id love to see it........

Something about the MMA brawlers versus the spotlight boxer!

No glam, no glitz..........."lets get it on!"

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That issue between Dana White and Randy Couture was a while ago. Back when Couture was the heavyweight champ he quit because he didn't think he was getting the money that he deserved. After a few months of arguing back and forth Couture came back.

OlSkoolHuskr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That issue between Dana White and Randy Couture was a while ago. Back when Couture was the heavyweight champ he quit because he didn't think he was getting the money that he deserved. After a few months of arguing back and forth Couture came back.

Thanks Jed. I knew they had some kind of falling out. But like Husker33 said, if hes fighting this weekend then obviously they were able to work out their differences.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They worked all of that out at least a year ago and I believe this will be Couture's 4th fight since he has been back.