• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any other Seahawks fans

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not that concerned with Harvin's contract. If we wanted to have someone to come in that could do what Harvin does, then we were gonna have to pay the money. I see it as a sign that the offense may be looking to open up even more. The contract does solidify one thing in my mind, I do not want Harvin returning kicks. The guys onthe CBS board know that, as I said it several times. I like a guy like Kerwynn Williams from Utah State in the 5th or 6th to take the role vacated by Leon Washington, and Harvin to be solely a WR.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A warm welcome to you fellas! :suds: Make yourself at home.

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I turned the lights off when I left cbs. Is this the spot?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'd post here if there were a least a few other Seahawks fans posting here.

Overhard, Seahawks 3, blstoker, and unlvmariners!

Welcome!

I'm a Rams fans and more than a few of us have jumped ship here to join these boys. I always liked posting on the SeeBS Seattle boards because you guys had a great group there too. Go back to the SeeBS Seattle team boards and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you can pluck your best posters to join you here by posting a comment there. Tell them to google Sportshoopla and they will find you here.

They have a decent group here but if we can get some of our hard core posters from your boards ours and a few others this place can go from good to great!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a few Seahawks fans show up here. I normally stay on the NHL main forum, but if this place is going to pick up, I'd be happy to post here as well.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of regulars on the CBS site that kept the conversation going pretty much year around, but CBS decided to rid their site of isolated boards and made it one big discussion board. Pretty hard to maintain a good thread when only a handful of people care about the topic. Quite a few postings about SportsHoopla so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them come over.

As far as the offseason talk on this thread I think the Hawks killed it! Harvin was a huge addition that should pay dividends immediately. Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, & Antonio Winfield came in on budget deals that will allow us to still plan on locking up our youth for the future while plugging holes with talent immediately. I do think we should address OLB & OL in the early stages of the draft, and then near the tail end of the draft pick up a new place kicker than can kick over 50 yds. Other than that, this team looks ready to roll for the 2013 season. Can't wait!

I agree with most everything in this post.

Although the thing that worries me is I think that Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril and Antonio Winfield are all such nice improvements that I almost worry about them being on such short contracts.

I can completely understand the logic behind putting Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril on short contracts but I think that both of them will do well during their time here and become serious contributors.

I also really like the Winfield addition I think it's really huge because I felt that nickel CB was one of our biggest problems on defense last year and Winfield is obviously not a long term solution but he provides a very good nickel CB both in coverage and against the run which can be helpful since I imagine whoever Leroy Hill's replacement is may have a bit of a learning curve and the Seahawks may run the nickel a bit more to compensate for that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment about about worrying about Avril and Bennett being on short contract and that worries you. I gotta admit the same thought has crossed my mind.

It would kinda suck if these guys kick ass then move on.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks board on cBS was one of the best around. Always great conversations going on and a lot of debates. I admit I did a lot more reading than posting there, but if half the people from there came here it would still be a rocking board that goes year round.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks board on cBS was one of the best around. Always great conversations going on and a lot of debates. I admit I did a lot more reading than posting there, but if half the people from there came here it would still be a rocking board that goes year round.

I'm happy to see that quite a few posters from there have come here. I had only posted on CBS and had been posting there since 2007, I really enjoyed the group of guys who posted there and do hope we can continue that here.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good to see the Seattle fans here. Keep them coming. As a niner fan it is always fun to talk to division rivals. As long as we keep it free from trolling. You guys need to hit the espn seahawks page up and get them here. I am trying to get them over here, but if a hawks fan goes there it might take off.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to see that quite a few posters from there have come here. I had only posted on CBS and had been posting there since 2007, I really enjoyed the group of guys who posted there and do hope we can continue that here.
The level of research those guys did was crazy. I'm a fan, and still follow things over the off season, but how many hours did they have to search for data to create those debates? Heck, I didn't have nearly enough time to read all that was posted even. Still, was some good insight.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see the Seattle fans here. Keep them coming. As a niner fan it is always fun to talk to division rivals. As long as we keep it free from trolling. You guys need to hit the espn seahawks page up and get them here. I am trying to get them over here, but if a hawks fan goes there it might take off.

It's find of funny because I really will miss the banter that we had back and forth with the 49ers fans back on CBS.

Hopefully we can start a similar thing here.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level of research those guys did was crazy. I'm a fan, and still follow things over the off season, but how many hours did they have to search for data to create those debates? Heck, I didn't have nearly enough time to read all that was posted even. Still, was some good insight.

We really had a lot of fun conversations back there. In all honesty my favorite time was probably back when Kagezilla and Cotton were trolling each other back and forth. Some of the stuff those two said were so utterly hilarious. Was a shame Kage stopped posting, in private messages he told me that he had his first kid and that is probably why.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kage was cool. Shame cBS not only killed the boards, but took away all that history.

I didn't post all that much on the hawks board, but I did like getting in there when the trolls from other teams came to try and taunt the board. There were some epic battles. Lots of them with the 9'rs and there was that packer thread after the tate win lol. Worst was probably the redskin fans. Never understood how they had so many idiots rooting for one team on that board.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kage was cool. Shame cBS not only killed the boards, but took away all that history.

I didn't post all that much on the hawks board, but I did like getting in there when the trolls from other teams came to try and taunt the board. There were some epic battles. Lots of them with the 9'rs and there was that packer thread after the tate win lol. Worst was probably the redskin fans. Never understood how they had so many idiots rooting for one team on that board.

Lol good times.

It's kind of funny having posted on those boards for so long and having learned so much about the Seahawks and having been in those debates and having watched them take place, I almost cringe when listening to normal people try to talk about the Seahawks.

Thursday while I was waiting for some friends inside the Paccar Hall (The newish business building at UW) there were a couple of guys talking about the Seahawks schedule and watching some Russell Wilson highlights and neither knew he was a rookie last year.

I always felt like I was the only person who gets irritated by the fact that non-sports fans suddenly start caring when the team plays well and when they're not so great nobody gives a damn.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm hoping to see a couple of posters from the ESPN board sign up soon. Just got off a thread with some of them who said they are tired of the trolls.

Dude, dkmightyhammer, and snuggles... come on down ..sign in...DO IT!

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to get kage over here, or even Hawkman77. I assume cotton is blade over here(and maybe some of his many alter egos). Good to know the band isn't completely split.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had posted a reply on CBS before they completely wiped it out to Kaehlone, but never saw cotton after they went to the one board. That dude cracked me up constantly, but I figure not everyone will know to come over. These have already picked up which is good to see.