• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any other Seahawks fans

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'd post here if there were a least a few other Seahawks fans posting here.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one on the main board.

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'd post here if there were a least a few other Seahawks fans posting here.

You can come and talk about your team on the Vikings board.
I see they already gave up on T Jump.

PS Don't come over there and start trolling though.
Or we just make fun of you until you don't want to come back.

Alburt Einstein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you have just added another!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to myself here, but I would not be surprised if ESPN Seahawks posters landed here. Things are going to hell on ESPN. Trolls are out of control. Hopefully it's not some SportsHoopla posters trying to recruit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring 'em on. Release 'em from that bullshit.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new on these boards, just came over from the CBS boards that were removed. I was told that these are solid, but looks like overhard is the only guy posting frequently. Hopefully these things pick up with the draft a week out.......

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new on these boards, just came over from the CBS boards that were removed. I was told that these are solid, but looks like overhard is the only guy posting frequently. Hopefully these things pick up with the draft a week out.......

Welcome to SportsHoopla, Seahawks_3. Were there regular posters over at the CBS site? I should go over there and leave a message, maybe.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to catch most Seahawks games and root for them pretty hard because of the Russell Wilson thing. I won't go too overboard in the offseason, but I shoud be able to contribute a fair amount in-season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Smart, good to see another voice on the board. I'm hoping to see more posters soon. Normally there is not a lot to talk about during the off season. This year a least there has been some interesting signings and the draft is going to be here soon.
What do you think about the moves the Seahawks have made so far? I was totally surprised with the Harvin trade. High risk high reward type of a move. I didn't expect this type of move by the Seahawks at all. Then they add Avril and Bennett to the DL! Wow, great moves, with good value signings. A couple of good DL , both had good seasons last year and signed for less then I thought they could be signed for. Short term contracts that limit the risks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Harvin deal was a good move, as in my opinion there won't be a player of his quality at #25. James Carpenter is looking like a bust, and Bruce Irvin may be a one trick pony, so losing a first rounder with our recent history in the 1st doesn't bother me at all.

I like the DL signings, especially if it means that we are looking to move Bryant back inside. I know it has had some success against the run, but our middle was thrashed last year, and I would like to see him back inside.

Winfield could be a solid replacement for Trufant at the nickel. I love Trufant, but he wasn't a great nickel last year, and that is one of only 2 needs the team still had. Though I may still think that Giacomini needs replacing, but they haven't seemed to be looking at the O-Line.

I am excited for the draft, Seattle has been so much better in the middle to late rounds, and that's all we have. I like Zaviar Gooden as a potential guy to replace LeRoy Hill.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle has corrected their biggest weakness from last year, which was poor WR play. Sidney Rice and Tate are both solid possession WRs, but truly great offenses need a deep threat burner to spread the field.

If the defense can avoid letdowns like they seemed to have on occasion, I think Seattle will be the best team in the league. You are blessed to also have the most clutch QB in the league. It's just about playing as a cohesive unit.

I don't think Winfield is an elite talent anymore, but his experience will be crucial. I'm less high on Avril...I just didn't ever see him as being that good in Detroit. IMO, he was actually the weakest starter on their line, and you overpaid for him. Still, none of those players are a downgrade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaid for Avril? It's a short term contract for less then what the Lions offered him a year ago. Not claiming him to be the next Chris Clemons,but the Leo position he's filling plays to his strengths. Seahawks have always pickup players for what they can contribute to the Seahawks.
Winfield isn't elite, but he still seems to being playing rather well. An up grade to Trufant in IMO.

Two of the biggest reason for let downs on defense ( I feel) were lack of a pass rush and the nickel defender. They boith have been addressed.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla, Seahawks_3. Were there regular posters over at the CBS site? I should go over there and leave a message, maybe.

There were a lot of regulars on the CBS site that kept the conversation going pretty much year around, but CBS decided to rid their site of isolated boards and made it one big discussion board. Pretty hard to maintain a good thread when only a handful of people care about the topic. Quite a few postings about SportsHoopla so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them come over.

As far as the offseason talk on this thread I think the Hawks killed it! Harvin was a huge addition that should pay dividends immediately. Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, & Antonio Winfield came in on budget deals that will allow us to still plan on locking up our youth for the future while plugging holes with talent immediately. I do think we should address OLB & OL in the early stages of the draft, and then near the tail end of the draft pick up a new place kicker than can kick over 50 yds. Other than that, this team looks ready to roll for the 2013 season. Can't wait!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ blstoker,
It's not the draft choices they gave up that worries me about Harvin. It's the contract!
However I got to trust the Seahawks front office on this one. After all they have his former teamates and OC putting in a good word for him.
As for Bruce Irvin, lets see if he makes some strides this year. I'm hopeful he will.

James really needs to stay healthy this year or it could be goodbye for him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfield isn't elite, but he still seems to being playing rather well. An up grade to Trufant in IMO.

Winfield has been considered one of the best, if not the best, nickel corner from just a year ago. Keep in mind, he is considered the third CB on the field when he is playing. His last years stats:

101-Tackles
3-INT's
1-Fumble Recovery

This compared to Marcus Trufant's stats:

34-Tackles
0-INT's
1-Fumble Recovery

This is hands down an upgrade at a minimum cost, love the deal.