• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any News on CB Coach Mitchell’s Replacement

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Dana is gone unless he wins the Big 12 conference this year. He was brought to Morgantown to win the BE. He did that. He was brought to win NC's, and he has failed.

You can't win NC's if you don't win Big 12 championships.

Doc has already proven he can win CUSA championships. That ain't any harder than winning Big 12 championships.

Come home Doc...

Dang right, this aint no supreme court appointment. He has had plenty of time, get it done or get it out.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WVU AD hopefully is more intelligent than our fans.

It is beyond ridiculous to think Dana has to win 9...10...14 games to earn an extension. This year, he was literally 2 plays away from going 10-3. On the flip side, one could say he was 2 plays from going 6-7.

If his players make those plays, he wins 10 games and WVU is ranked. Does anyone think those two plays measure his coaching ability?

I certainly hope the AD doesn't think that way.

If he's as stupid as the fan base, we'll end up with Doc coming home. Ain't no other respectable coach gonna work for a bozo. Maybe some MAC coach would... a loser MAC coach like Mike Haywood. The coach Pitt hired for 2 weeks from Miami...but not that Miami.

Pitt ended up firing that dumbass AD...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WVU AD hopefully is more intelligent than our fans.

It is beyond ridiculous to think Dana has to win 9...10...14 games to earn an extension. This year, he was literally 2 plays away from going 10-3. On the flip side, one could say he was 2 plays from going 6-7.

If his players make those plays, he wins 10 games and WVU is ranked. Does anyone think those two plays measure his coaching ability?

I certainly hope the AD doesn't think that way.

If he's as stupid as the fan base, we'll end up with Doc coming home. Ain't no other respectable coach gonna work for a bozo. Maybe some MAC coach would... a loser MAC coach like Mike Haywood. The coach Pitt hired for 2 weeks from Miami...but not that Miami.

Pitt ended up firing that dumbass AD...

Maybe he is bringing RR back. They both seem to have something in common other than both being from WV. But if he isn't, I heard that the MAC has an abundance of coaches ready to take us to places we've never been before. And yes, there is always Doc.

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is bringing RR back. They both seem to have something in common other than both being from WV.

Oops! Was I allow to say that? Hate to give the perception that I didn't like people from WV.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hated the bowl record under Nehlen, wish we would have won more, but if you look back many bowl losses came with injuries to key players, the one year that half the team had the flu, spectacular plays made by the opponent. Nehlen also had a different outlook on bowl games, I remember an interview years ago where he said a bowl game is a reward for a good season, and should be fun, so I figure he may not have practiced the team as much as he maybe should or could have. Also there are so many bowls now that we are playing weaker competition in bowls than twenty years ago. This year for instance ASU wouldn't have gone to a bowl game in the 1980s, hell, we may not have either.
Also, I forgot to mention a guy named Saban also coached in the MAC......They don't call the MAC the cradle of coaches for nothing.

Are you kidding me with the number of excuses you have listed in this post?!?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, experience matters in SOME jobs, but not others, talk about stupid shit. A college football team is a multi million dollar enterprise, and turning it over to an unproven assistant coach is STUPID. Some speculation on the next breakout MAC coach: The NIU guy, Carey, will be moving up pretty soon, Babers came from BGSU to Syracuse recently, Campbell was at Toledo last year, IAST this year, keep an eye on these guys. You just make blanket statements that are untrue, coaches from the MAC get hired at bigger schools every year, some with great success, some can't adjust to the bigger job at a higher profile school.

Convoluted point..but it has an argument...But it's not the same in many instances..It's my opinion, and I can reference several hires that back my point...that depending on where you were as an Assistant Coach has the same value as being a HC at a MAC school..more to the point, if you were an Assistant at Michigan, USC, Alabama, Texas, Florida and now it seems Oregon, etc you don't need to do an "Apprentice" HC job at a non power 5 conference..

Now if you are an Assistant at a Non-Elite school then yes you are taking a risk..and yes Dana would fall in that category..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Dana is gone unless he wins the Big 12 conference this year. He was brought to Morgantown to win the BE. He did that. He was brought to win NC's, and he has failed.

You can't win NC's if you don't win Big 12 championships.

Doc has already proven he can win CUSA championships. That ain't any harder than winning Big 12 championships.

Come home Doc...
:agree:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting name last night. Jerry Holmes.

He's currently on the staff at Norfolk St.