• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any News on CB Coach Mitchell’s Replacement

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 2 1/2 weeks till spring ball, has anyone heard any news on CB Coach Mitchell's replacement?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing Ive heard is look for the hire to be underwhelming due to WVU cutting budget, coaching instability (Dana on his way out if the team doesn't reach _____ wins) and the defensive backfield likely to struggle after losing so much last year.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possibility is Chip West. He was recently on the staff at UofV. He was a GA at WVU for a couple of years. He is a great recruiter... earning ACC recruiter of the year in 2014, and was the Cavilier DB coach.

Hard to attract too many quality candidates this late in the game.... especially with the HC in lame duck status.

But, West brings the opportunity to recruit like a dog... He did so for a lame duck in London. If Dana has a big year, he will need all the help he can get trying to convince any kid worth a shit to sign with him this year. West might pull some magic.

If WVU tanks in the recruiting war this season, and Dana is given an extension... there will be a price. The 2017 class should be pretty bad. And, this will hurt the program going forward.

That is why they need to bring Doc back home...

At least he can recruit a bunch of non-qualifiers... And that will help...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possibility is Chip West. He was recently on the staff at UofV. He was a GA at WVU for a couple of years. He is a great recruiter... earning ACC recruiter of the year in 2014, and was the Cavilier DB coach.

Hard to attract too many quality candidates this late in the game.... especially with the HC in lame duck status.

But, West brings the opportunity to recruit like a dog... He did so for a lame duck in London. If Dana has a big year, he will need all the help he can get trying to convince any kid worth a shit to sign with him this year. West might pull some magic.

If WVU tanks in the recruiting war this season, and Dana is given an extension... there will be a price. The 2017 class should be pretty bad. And, this will hurt the program going forward.

West would be a big get at this point but.... I don't see that either, I saw someone on another site mention a coach from the university of Charleston (WV...yea) .... that would be.....interesting.

Doc would have Saban as his CB coach.... he's THAT dang good a recruiter. Guy can sell ice to a snow man.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some guy named Sexton... And the GA who replaced Gibby as CB coach for the Fiesta Bowl... Kirkland.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be a big get...Wv ability to recruit Va has always been...well lets say..below average..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would in their right mind come here on a 1 year contract? How has it worked for Pitt with their revolving door of coaches?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would in their right mind come here on a 1 year contract? How has it worked for Pitt with their revolving door of coaches?

I agree....move your entire family to Morgantown for possibly 12 months? Why?...It ain't Tuscaloosa!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....move your entire family to Morgantown for possibly 12 months? Why?...It ain't Tuscaloosa!
it amazes me that lyin' Shane Lyons would not attempt to model the program after a successful program. I wonder if he knows of any?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it amazes me that lyin' Shane Lyons would not attempt to model the program after a successful program. I wonder if he knows of any?
Successful programs do NOT sign extensions for coaches who are .500 for the last four years.............LSU fans are wanting to get rid of a coach who goes .850, and some WVU fans have hitched their wagon firmly to a guy who MAY win 7 games a year..........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Successful programs do NOT sign extensions for coaches who are .500 for the last four years.............LSU fans are wanting to get rid of a coach who goes .850, and some WVU fans have hitched their wagon firmly to a guy who MAY win 7 games a year..........

At what point are you saying we were a successful program? Some WVU fans were hitching their wagon to a coach who won 9 games in the mighty Big East just because he was a "nice guy". I have no issues with the growth of Dana in the Big 12. So now you want assistant coaches to go on a year by year contract? Are you doing that on your present job?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he is waiting patiently as WVU couldn't afford to buy Dana out last year and he has a big move on his mind if Dana cant win 9-10 games this year but that's just a guess on my part. IMO he is going to let Dana either earn a nice big extension from a good 2016 performance or part ways and bring in "his" guy for 2017.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point are you saying we were a successful program? Some WVU fans were hitching their wagon to a coach who won 9 games in the mighty Big East just because he was a "nice guy". I have no issues with the growth of Dana in the Big 12. So now you want assistant coaches to go on a year by year contract? Are you doing that on your present job?
?????????? No issues?????? EVERYONE in the country has issues with his "growth" but a few select on here think he is doing great. Holgorsen is at or near the top of every "hot seat" list, the AD wouldn't give him an extension on the terms of the stupid contract Luck gave him, but you are PLEASED with his "growth"????? I am NOT happy vying with IAST for 6th place in the league, and I don't see why you are happy. Year five of the "Holgorsen Era" is in the books, and I see very little to no progress. As to MY job, I work just like MOST people in the real world do, the boss could call me into his office Monday morning, thank me for my service, and send me packing.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?????????? No issues?????? EVERYONE in the country has issues with his "growth" but a few select on here think he is doing great. Holgorsen is at or near the top of every "hot seat" list, the AD wouldn't give him an extension on the terms of the stupid contract Luck gave him, but you are PLEASED with his "growth"????? I am NOT happy vying with IAST for 6th place in the league, and I don't see why you are happy. Year five of the "Holgorsen Era" is in the books, and I see very little to no progress. As to MY job, I work just like MOST people in the real world do, the boss could call me into his office Monday morning, thank me for my service, and send me packing.

Absolutely pleased. And as far as your job, you're exactly right. You don't have a year to year contract, but a day to day. Lyin' Lyons should have canned Dana after this season, if that was his intentions, instead of putting him at a disadvantage by letting assistants go. You think lyin' Lyons has somebody who is going to shoot us to the top? Who's he bringing in? RR? Fucking Saban? It's taken us this long to get into the middle of the pack after the brilliant move of making Stew HC. Didn't that hiring fit your HC selection model? Somebody to have some HC experience at a smaller school? Brilliant. Instead, let's bring somebody else in every 5 years until they can get us into a solid 4 spot, or just ahead of IAST.

As far as no improvement or growth by Dana, your only kidding yourself. Just about everything you bitched about during his tenure, he has changed. I will not look up any stats because BB provided more than enough over the years but your hatred blinds you. Just like you can't let your love for Stew go.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is your hot seat list. Doesn't appear on the top but the comments by your new hero, Lyin' Lyons, will move him up.

Coaches Hot Seat Ranking

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely pleased. And as far as your job, you're exactly right. You don't have a year to year contract, but a day to day. Lyin' Lyons should have canned Dana after this season, if that was his intentions, instead of putting him at a disadvantage by letting assistants go. You think lyin' Lyons has somebody who is going to shoot us to the top? Who's he bringing in? RR? Fucking Saban? It's taken us this long to get into the middle of the pack after the brilliant move of making Stew HC. Didn't that hiring fit your HC selection model? Somebody to have some HC experience at a smaller school? Brilliant. Instead, let's bring somebody else in every 5 years until they can get us into a solid 4 spot, or just ahead of IAST.

As far as no improvement or growth by Dana, your only kidding yourself. Just about everything you bitched about during his tenure, he has changed. I will not look up any stats because BB provided more than enough over the years but your hatred blinds you. Just like you can't let your love for Stew go.
WOW, I guess .500 is great in your book, but it's not in mine. You want to turn WVU into Ohio State in EVERY way, from being elitist jerks, excluding students, anything for a buck, but when was the last tOSU coach to not have prior HC experience????? I only wish I could be correct in my job half the time and keep it!!!!!!!! Way to find the ONE hotseat list..........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons should hire the CB replacement. There are some on this board who claimed Luck hired coaches for Dana. I would think Lyons could do the same.

Dana wanted this job filled last week.

I guess that ain't happening...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I guess .500 is great in your book, but it's not in mine. You want to turn WVU into Ohio State in EVERY way, from being elitist jerks, excluding students, anything for a buck, but when was the last tOSU coach to not have prior HC experience????? I only wish I could be correct in my job half the time and keep it!!!!!!!! Way to find the ONE hotseat list..........

You're unbelievable. You think that WVU can be a top team without spending money or provide for all athletics on campus without a revenue stream. You think WVU's budget should be the same as OWU's. When has WVU ever brought in a HC with the stock of an Urban Meyers? Oh, that's right, you will settle for anybody who has any type of college football experience. You always reference the MAC. Maybe we can pull one from there that will put us at the top of the Big 12 in 5 years. I doubt it, but you seem to hang your hat on it. Get rid of the revenue stream so we can't support anything. You are such a Purist. Right.

As far as the hot seat coaches, all I did was Google 2016 college football coaches and this was the top one. I don't place much stock in these as they are very subjective and even somebody of your caliber can put one together. I don't waste my time looking up stuff during a discussion with you because you live in fantasy land. You discount fact. Your romanticism for the way things were in past is getting sickening. Stick with OWU. You can probably get your ticket, hot dog, and a Coke all for$10. You want the Mountaineer programs to be above .500 without any type of funding. What a joke. I hope for your sake a GR's that they get rid of Dana and bring in Doc or a MAC coach. I will be amused watching this program crumble to the ground like it was under Stew's reign in the mighty Big East.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons should hire the CB replacement. There are some on this board who claimed Luck hired coaches for Dana. I would think Lyons could do the same.

Dana wanted this job filled last week.

I guess that ain't happening...

He should fire Dana. That's what most of the people on this board wants. Bring in Doc or a MAC coach. Let's go Mountaineers. Things are looking bright for us.