• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any ESPN board regulars here yet?

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I found a majority of the posters to be knowledgeable tennis fans.

That was true for a while, but they ran off the more knowledgeable and competent posters! They beat posters over the head with something they may have predicted 2 years before and it wasn't worth it for some of us! I was very impressed with Kuznetzova back when she was young and echo'd some of Martina's praise on her ability and talent! From then on I was a marked man even after she won 2 majors! It was juvenile and ridiculous behavior by too many trolls and wasn't worth it for me to even participate the last year or so! Mick was another great historian, but even he couldn't be bothered after a while! I won't miss those dolts! :lame: :gaah: :noidea:

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That board started having weird mods somewhere down the middle, who pretty much either reacted strongly to flagged items by SISTER fans or Nadal fans and deleted non abrasive posts that criticised in a positive way the above mentioned players. Or maybe the mods position was taken up by these biased fans.
I was banned 10-11 times and countless posts removed but to my astonishment I saw That the posters who I had the verbal interactions with remained unscathed and un-banned. The double standard was sickening.

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds familiar. Anytime I posted positive things about Svelta K (one of my favorites) or Andy Roddick (another of my favs) I was blasted. I was never banned but some had unkind things to say to many of my posts. That gets old...but I don't argue with fools so I just let it go.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are on tennis Frontier and so am I. I like this board too.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Fan I have been on the espn board for over 10yrs and I have never read anyone and Ive never read anyone blasted you for talking about Roddick or Kuzzy, all of the Williams fans are fans of Kuzzy and Roddick.

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Fan I have been on the espn board for over 10yrs and I have never read anyone and Ive never read anyone blasted you for talking about Roddick or Kuzzy, all of the Williams fans are fans of Kuzzy and Roddick.
Really? You must have missed it then. Some bashed A Roddick for only winning one slam and called him a no talented player with a bad attitude. As for Svelta Kuznetzova I won't go there. She was long ago a favorite of mine, even before her wins at USOpen and Roland Garros. And BTW, I never said it was Williams fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ks42431

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone know what time is serena Williams match tomorrow, I live in Kentucky and am on CST, and I wanted to be able to catch her championship match on lshunter ?

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her semi final match was just aired on TTC so perhaps you can see tomorrow's match there too.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed may just be experimenting with 250 tournaments like Hamburg and Gstaad but I think he should give the 93 sqinch Blade or a 95 sqinch frame a try. Heck, Wilson will just custom make him one if he wanted and give it a new line name for the mass.

does anyone know what time is serena Williams match tomorrow, I live in Kentucky and am on CST, and I wanted to be able to catch her championship match on lshunter ?

I am done watching free live feeds. More trouble than worth. I got a month subscription on tennis tv.com No more pop ups or viruses. Clear video.

Ks42431

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done watching free live feeds. More trouble than worth. I got a month subscription on tennis tv.com No more pop ups or viruses. Clear video.

that sounds interesting, I might try that tennis tv

Ks42431

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately we still don't have TTC yet, it sucks

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I believe Maddison used to call Sveta tractor woman and hated Roddick. So, I'd imagine he would have blasted anyone who said positive things about them back in the day.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Maddison used to call Sveta tractor woman and hated Roddick. So, I'd imagine he would have blasted anyone who said positive things about them back in the day.

Yea, but mad was only one person doing that.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was gone yesterday! Good riddance to bad rubbish! You weren't allowed to express yourself there with Williams' and Nadal sycophants that didn't allow their reputations to be besmirch! Those same losers railed against Henin and Hingis who aren't even playing on the tour! I won't miss it at all or the people!

Fiero, just as you have the right to blast the Williams sisters, so do their supporters. I did not like the personal stuff there but you do not think that you can vehemently criticize the WS while praising Martina and Hingis and expect those who support WS to stay silent.

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madd was not the only one... I got several blast outs when I posted positive things about Andy. For the most part I ignored them. Some were pretty ugly however.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madd was not the only one... I got several blast outs when I posted positive things about Andy. For the most part I ignored them. Some were pretty ugly however.

I think people's opinion and views on Roddick changed over the years. Roddick had his career span that started a little after the board started and ended a few years before the board did an this gave people different looks at it as he matured as a player and a person. Some of his battiness will stay with him for his whole life because that is a personality trait that is permanent, but you have to evaluate him as a whole.

I liked his efforts and applauded his honesty with press. He carved a niche for himself in the history of the sport and will always be remembered by tennis fans everywhere in their memories good or bad. That is tough to do in general as players fade easily into oblivion (like Pim Pim did). Andy sucked it up and took his beatings in the slams and still rose up to try again. That is what we must appreciate.

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players would love to leave the game with his resume'. I admired his work ethic (which started as a junior and continued to the end of his career), his willingness to speak up for others, his dedication to Davis Cup, and his of course, his sense of humor. I have sorely missed him this year.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players would love to leave the game with his resume'. I admired his work ethic (which started as a junior and continued to the end of his career), his willingness to speak up for others, his dedication to Davis Cup, and his of course, his sense of humor. I have sorely missed him this year.

so true - his willingness to speak up for others - he sure spoke up a lot for the Williams sisters. He's a good guy.

Texas Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was especially proud in 2009, when Israeli Jewish professional tennis players were banned from the Qatar Open and Dubai Tennis Championships per the Arab Muslim boycott on Israel and accompanying apartheid travel ban against Israeli Jews, Roddick was the only pro tennis player to speak out.. Not only did he speak out, he pulled out of the tournament. He won the tournament the previous year and could have won big cash and ranking points again, had he not chosen to boycott.