• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Clemson or Bama fans going to the game in Tampa?

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. I live here in Tampa.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Tampa as well, thought about going just for fun, would have definitely went if FSU was in the game.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Tampa as well, thought about going just for fun, would have definitely went if FSU was in the game.

If Georgia Tech ever makes it to another national championship game in either Football or Basketball game I almost have to go. That shit is rare and I may not live long enough to see it happen.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. Saw that ticket prices are averaging around $1,000+ ea. for the upper deck on Stub Hub. My recliner and big ass TV will do just fine lol.

It's getting to be like the Superbowl...plus, if you went to the Peach or Fiesta Bowls, you might already be tapped out on vacation time and monies

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans might have a hard time getting down ther, we getting snowed on tommorow.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting to be like the Superbowl...plus, if you went to the Peach or Fiesta Bowls, you might already be tapped out on vacation time and monies
This is why adding more rounds of playoffs wouldn't work very well. Fans will either skip the earlier rounds hoping to go to a deeper game, or go to those early ones and not show up well when it counts. Particularly with teams traveling more than a driving distance away.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why adding more rounds of playoffs wouldn't work very well. Fans will either skip the earlier rounds hoping to go to a deeper game, or go to those early ones and not show up well when it counts. Particularly with teams traveling more than a driving distance away.

Which would be a good reason to allow home field advantage for early rounds to the higher seeds. While I personally would like an 8 team playoff with the first two rounds played at the higher seeded team's home stadium and the championship at a neutral site (similar to the NFL), I don't see the current big time bowls going for that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even adding home field you are still going to have declining attendance.

The bowl experience is unique and many/most take it as a week long event with lots of other things to do outside of the actual game. Some would not travel without all that added SportsHoopla.

Sure, FCS does something like it, but in stadiums holding 70k+ for every game?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why people want 8 playoff teams, we couldn't even find 4 good ones this season. Bama/Clemson then it's a big drop off.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans might have a hard time getting down ther, we getting snowed on tommorow.

th

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even adding home field you are still going to have declining attendance.

The bowl experience is unique and many/most take it as a week long event with lots of other things to do outside of the actual game. Some would not travel without all that added SportsHoopla.

Sure, FCS does something like it, but in stadiums holding 70k+ for every game?

Possibly a decline in attendance, but still would be higher than that of another bowl game, depending on ticket price of course. There would be lower travel costs typically, as most would be able to drive to the game or only need to spend one night in a hotel since there would be plenty of fans within a few hours drive willing to fill the stadium for a playoff game. Sure, some would want the week long experience of a bowl game, but if they decline to go, there would be many more locals willing to take the tickets that would come for the game.

I don't see an FBS team having trouble filling its home stadium for two playoff games. The championship game would of course be a challenge, but no that much different than those already planning to make two bowl/playoff games a week apart already. The championship game is a lot more about neutral/local fans that decide to attend, rather than a particular fanbase anyway as far as overall attendance goes.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. Saw that ticket prices are averaging around $1,000+ ea. for the upper deck on Stub Hub. My recliner and big ass TV will do just fine lol.

Those prices are ridiculous. I thought they were expensive in '04 when we played Michigan in the Rose Bowl, but today why bother going if you're going to spend around $3K easily (ticket, hotel, air fare).....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly a decline in attendance, but still would be higher than that of another bowl game, depending on ticket price of course. There would be lower travel costs typically, as most would be able to drive to the game or only need to spend one night in a hotel since there would be plenty of fans within a few hours drive willing to fill the stadium for a playoff game. Sure, some would want the week long experience of a bowl game, but if they decline to go, there would be many more locals willing to take the tickets that would come for the game.

I don't see an FBS team having trouble filling its home stadium for two playoff games. The championship game would of course be a challenge, but no that much different than those already planning to make two bowl/playoff games a week apart already. The championship game is a lot more about neutral/local fans that decide to attend, rather than a particular fanbase anyway as far as overall attendance goes.
It depends on the prices of those home games. But we have all seen the problems with that. You are putting a huge burden on those schools to scramble and put the infrastructure together for a game with under a week to prepare. We had all kinds of issues in the Pac with the CCG when it was hosted by the highest ranked team. There is a lot of food/drink stadium staffing, etc that has to be planned out. The larger the stadium, the more issues there are.

If you charge playoff prices you are still asking a lot of the average fan to come up with all that extra unforecasted money right after the holidays and going into the tax season when most are at their thinnest in terms of having extra cash for fun.

Far easier to sit at home and watch it with friends at a watch party. Cheaper, warmer, better/cheaper beer, etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fucking fake ass fan.

Bet you've never even been to Alabama.

Reactions: TJL

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the prices of those home games. But we have all seen the problems with that. You are putting a huge burden on those schools to scramble and put the infrastructure together for a game with under a week to prepare. We had all kinds of issues in the Pac with the CCG when it was hosted by the highest ranked team. There is a lot of food/drink stadium staffing, etc that has to be planned out. The larger the stadium, the more issues there are.

If you charge playoff prices you are still asking a lot of the average fan to come up with all that extra unforecasted money right after the holidays and going into the tax season when most are at their thinnest in terms of having extra cash for fun.

Far easier to sit at home and watch it with friends at a watch party. Cheaper, warmer, better/cheaper beer, etc.

I certainly won't deny the bolted, as that's what I and many do even for regular bowl games.

As for the former, that does raise some valid points. With the Pac CG, that was indeed a week to prepare, however, with the playoff being weeks after the CGs, there could be plans put in place for the first round of course, as well as, provisions in the event the home team advances.

I will also agree that it is expensive no matter what for the average fan during the holidays. I just feel that there would be a little less impact compared to that of multiple 'bowl' games compared to one home playoff game (or two depending on 4 or 8 teams). As a VT fan/alumn, I would find it much easier to make a playoff game in Blacksburg, than say the Rose Bowl for the first round considering the ticket prices would be similar. I could even have some additional money left over to try and attempt making the championship game the following week in Flordia for instance. I seriously doubt that I'd be able to go to both CA and FL in back to back weeks for instance.

How many average fans can even go to the semifinals and championship game now? I'd reckon that those numbers are fairly small and most fans are making the decision to go to the semis since they know their team is in it and will forego the championship where the majority of those in the stadium for that game will likely be neutral/local fans anyway.