• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any chances for a title?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the title is complete troll bait but that is not my provocation. No, I am not trying to sound like a homer even though we have only played scrub competition. I am really liking this years team. I expected it to be a down season and we would be one of the front runners going into next season. The big questions were if cam could come in and inject a bit of life into this offense or if the mettsiah could finally play up to his potential. Both have, so far, been a resounding YES. We lost a slew of people on defense but we knew we had several freshman/sophomores and in-coming players that could easily replace them. The young defense looks a little shaky so far but have shown great strides as the weeks progress. It will be interesting to see how the secondary plays against a pass heavy offense(Georgia). I think miles should have the boys prepared in two weeks. It will be interesting to see how the season pans out! GEAUX TIGRES!

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say TCU is a scrub... they're not close to the competetion we're going to see coming up tho. If we take care of UGA I wouldn't be surprise if we got to the SECCG and BCS title game.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to try and start anything but Alabama did not impress at all! Johnny football made several mistakes that cost his team that game. Texas A&M could hardly stop a mosquito on defense yet they managed to hang around with "mighty" bama all game. You could, and probably should, be 1-1. Oh well, shit happens...

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say TCU is a scrub... they're not close to the competetion we're going to see coming up tho. If we take care of UGA I wouldn't be surprise if we got to the SECCG and BCS title game.

I was mainly referring to our last two opponents but yes, TCU is not a scrub team. They, unfortunately, have now have two losses which hurts our strength of schedule. They should be better by years end.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to try and start anything but Alabama did not impress at all! Johnny football made several mistakes that cost his team that game. Texas A&M could hardly stop a mosquito on defense yet they managed to hang around with "mighty" bama all game. You could, and probably should, be 1-1. Oh well, shit happens...

:dhd:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you gentlemen aren't going to bring logical thought to this conversation, please don't respond to my post. I don't have the time or effort to bicker with children. That is the primary reason why I disliked all the bama fans on ESPN. It was never any factual conversations, just blank statements such as "14 national championships" or "saban is god." Have a great day!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When we took a 3 TD lead, that game was never in doubt. So far we've played and beat VT and #6 A&M/Johnny Heisman, while you guys are looking even with Texas Tech right now. I'll see you in November. :suds:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we took a 3 TD lead, that game was never in doubt. So far we've played and beat VT and #6 A&M/Johnny Heisman, while you guys are looking even with Texas Tech right now. I'll see you in November. :suds:

Agreed. TCU may not be the "big 12 champion" everyone was making them out to be. I am not convinced that VT is actually as good as people portray them as well. Defense is young and has lots of playmakers but they are not even up to ole miss caliber. Plus, there is a real drop off after the top two teams in the ACC. I wasn't more than a few years ago that we put a similar curb-stomping on VT when they were a highly rated team. I would tend to throw out both of those games and focus on real competition(I think we all know what that means). That being said, you guys have the advantage so far in SEC play. The offensive shoot out was completely unexpected by me and I thought neither team would score more than 31-35 points. As I said previously, I still think A&M should have won that game if it wasn't for boneheaded mistakes by Johnny autograph. It was not unexpected that nick saban and the defending champs would keep their cool as A&M attempted a comeback. We start the meat and potatoes of our schedule which will give us a much better idea of where this team stands. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. :suds:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you gentlemen aren't going to bring logical thought to this conversation, please don't respond to my post. I don't have the time or effort to bicker with children. That is the primary reason why I disliked all the bama fans on ESPN. It was never any factual conversations, just blank statements such as "14 national championships" or "saban is god." Have a great day!

When coulda's and shoulda's are brought into the conversation it was never worth a shit to begin with. :yo:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. TCU may not be the "big 12 champion" everyone was making them out to be. I am not convinced that VT is actually as good as people portray them as well. Defense is young and has lots of playmakers but they are not even up to ole miss caliber. Plus, there is a real drop off after the top two teams in the ACC. I wasn't more than a few years ago that we put a similar curb-stomping on VT when they were a highly rated team. I would tend to throw out both of those games and focus on real competition(I think we all know what that means). That being said, you guys have the advantage so far in SEC play. The offensive shoot out was completely unexpected by me and I thought neither team would score more than 31-35 points. As I said previously, I still think A&M should have won that game if it wasn't for boneheaded mistakes by Johnny autograph. It was not unexpected that nick saban and the defending champs would keep their cool as A&M attempted a comeback. We start the meat and potatoes of our schedule which will give us a much better idea of where this team stands. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. :suds:

I don't like the thought of "A&M should of won"...just don't see it at all. We had over 100 yards in penalties and fumbled the ball on their 1 yard line, yet still hung 35 unanswered points on them. They were down by 2 TD's with 20 seconds on the clock. They never had a chance, they would've needed a near miracle to recover the onside kick and the score in 15 seconds against a prevent defense.

But whateves...didn't mean to impeded, I don't like trolls on our home board either so I'll scat.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the thought of "A&M should of won"...just don't see it at all. We had over 100 yards in penalties and fumbled the ball on their 1 yard line, yet still hung 35 unanswered points on them. They were down by 2 TD's with 20 seconds on the clock. They never had a chance, they would've needed a near miracle to recover the onside kick and the score in 15 seconds against a prevent defense.

But whateves...didn't mean to impeded, I don't like trolls on our home board either so I'll scat.

This is not trolling, this is a logical conversation between sports fans. That is the direction I was heading with the "A&M should have won." Bama was making mistake after mistake and the aggies could not properly take advantage. Do I think A&M is the better team? Hell no! Does the best team always win? Not always. Bama did enough to give away the game but A&M did not have the "intestinal fortitude" to do what was necessary with it! The game was lost after the first interception which shifted the momentum in Alabama's favor. I personally believe that saban had shut it down by the fourth and the comeback was just to make it interesting.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, my intentions weren't to fart in his thread, was just messing around. Just not a big fan of shoulda coulda woulda's. I'm still getting used to there being decent LSU fans besides Tiggerbait and Kidvic around here, especially now that Moral Victory AndyBob is gone.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my intentions weren't to fart in his thread, was just messing around. Just not a big fan of shoulda coulda woulda's. I'm still getting used to there being decent LSU fans besides Tiggerbait and Kidvic around here, especially now that Moral Victory AndyBob is gone.

TB and KV are the goodn's, Jonas seems like a goodn so far..lol. the other two I kinda wish were here so I could fuck with them about recruiting. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB and KV are the goodn's, Jonas seems like a goodn so far..lol. the other two I kinda wish were here so I could fuck with them about recruiting. :lol:

Please leave us Leonard fournette! If you could just avoid stealing anynore Louisiana recruits, that would be swell! :)

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First loss next Saturday and then bama, so doubtful.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First loss next Saturday and then bama, so doubtful.

Offensively, I think we can keep up. It all hinges on if our young secondary can avoid giving up big chunks of yardage. It should be a fun game though!