• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any chance that Phillip Rivers

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ironic for a field named for what is essentially a ticket-scalping web site, right?

My thoughts exactly. but they can't have a team in a city that has gambling, because that would send the wrong message :)

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This should put the rumors that Rivers won't go to LA to bed. He seems to be onboard with the idea & actually had a good time joking about the subject.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put it that way I understand the situation. Feeling that the team is not going to contend in your last few years is a different matter. Ditto for playing in a stadium that seats less than 30k. BTW - why in the hell are they playing in that stadium anyhow? Can't they play for a few years in Anaheim Stadium, the Rose Bowl or even share the Coliseum? Doesn't appear to make sense.
Optics. They want to play in a sold out stadium, and based on the comments of a few big names in sports media like Peter King, Jim Rome, etc...they might even have a hard time selling 27k seats. Imagine how bad 25k in the Coliseum would look.

Personally I think they will sell out most games depending on who the opponent is. But some games will be heavily attended by fans of their opponents - especially the Raider game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optics. They want to play in a sold out stadium, and based on the comments of a few big names in sports media like Peter King, Jim Rome, etc...they might even have a hard time selling 27k seats. Imagine how bad 25k in the Coliseum would look.

Personally I think they will sell out most games depending on who the opponent is. But some games will be heavily attended by fans of their opponents - especially the Raider game.

Yep - they play the Redskins in LA this year & I have been telling my fellow Redskins fans there to buy tickets early. How pathetic that you have to play in basically an FCS sized stadium just to achieve a sellout.