• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any chance that Phillip Rivers

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston media so desperate that, in addition to Rivers, they have thrown out the names Alex Smith and Tony Romo as next year's QBs.

They really need to get off the Romo bit. That body is so beat up that he can't even survive preseason week one!

No, they just throwing any names out there they can. Bork Asswiper was that bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF radio (KNBR) is talking about Rivers to Niners right now.

LOL

That is one of the worst matches I can imagine. Niners suck and Rivers is WAY too conservative to want to live in the BA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston media so desperate that, in addition to Rivers, they have thrown out the names Alex Smith and Tony Romo as next year's QBs.

They really need to get off the Romo bit. That body is so beat up that he can't even survive preseason week one!

No, they just throwing any names out there they can. Bork Asswiper was that bad.
Houston needs to target Rivers. If that fails, looking at Romo as a short-term solution makes sense.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF radio (KNBR) is talking about Rivers to Niners right now.

LOL

That is one of the worst matches I can imagine. Niners suck and Rivers is WAY too conservative to want to live in the BA.
Yeah, I see Cleveland happening before that. But as I've stated, zero chance the Chargers deal him. He'd have to demand a trade to even have it considered.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers has to fight for LA.... it says so here

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize the article is over 2 years ago. It still has value in the sense of plenty of speculated that he delayed his contract negotiations because he needed to think about whether he wanted to go to LA or not. Also just having talked to a few people that know the situation better than I do Rivers is still not wanting to go to LA. Yes it is just a few hours so maybe he can make it work but the situation is not one he wants to be in.

Ridiculous. If he still feels that way - great - trade his ass to some cold weather city & see how he likes that. He only has a few years left anyhow - how tough would it be for him to simply stay in temporary housing during that time & periodically commute to see his family? There are people with normal jobs who have it a lot worse. He sounds like yet another baby in the NFL.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe San Diego will trade him to the Cowboys for Romo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. If he still feels that way - great - trade his ass to some cold weather city & see how he likes that. He only has a few years left anyhow - how tough would it be for him to simply stay in temporary housing during that time & periodically commute to see his family? There are people with normal jobs who have it a lot worse. He sounds like yet another baby in the NFL.
He has a no-trade clause. They can't just "trade his ass to some cold weather city & see how he likes that".

He has FU money and he is still one of the best QBs in the game. Why not use that leverage to better his situation?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that article was true, but it doesn't appear to be. He already was interviewed on the radio and while he answered very carefully and as classy as you'd expect, he pretty much said he'll give it his all in LA.

If he did retire he'd go down as an absolute legend in San Diego sports history.

If that is the case then respect to him & forget my previous comments. This one just hits home for me since I had to relocate from SoCal to the South several years ago, and I just accepted this as part of life due to companies moving out of SoCal.

I realize that Rivers is at the top of his craft but hearing someone bitch about moving to LA while making top $$ (which affords him the luxury of still living elsewhere & also he only lives down the road) just sounds like the rant of a spoiled human being.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a no-trade clause. They can't just "trade his ass to some cold weather city & see how he likes that".

He has FU money and he is still one of the best QBs in the game. Why not use that leverage to better his situation?

Good for him - just never really heard anyone bitch about moving to LA - more power to him I guess. Wherever he goes no doubt he will throw some killer pick sixes to help end his team's season.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him - just never really heard anyone bitch about moving to LA - more power to him I guess. Wherever he goes no doubt he will throw some killer pick sixes to help end his team's season.

He did earlier - before his extension. However $35mil left on his deal puts him firmly in Spanos' corner.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case then respect to him & forget my previous comments. This one just hits home for me since I had to relocate from SoCal to the South several years ago, and I just accepted this as part of life due to companies moving out of SoCal.

I realize that Rivers is at the top of his craft but hearing someone bitch about moving to LA while making top $$ (which affords him the luxury of still living elsewhere & also he only lives down the road) just sounds like the rant of a spoiled human being.
You're right. Many companies relocate, but not all employees move with them. I wouldn't criticize the guy at all for wanting to get out. He wants a shot at a title and will be spending 2 of his last 3 or 4 years playing in a 27k seat soccer stadium. There's a lot in flux and perhaps he's concerned the team will have a hard time focusing, signing free agents, etc... However, based on his previous comments that he wants to stay in San Diego, there's no easier place for him to commute to than LA. That's why I'm just not buying these rumors just yet. If Houston made an offer that they couldn't refuse that could change things, but it would be the team approaching Rivers to approve the trade. It wouldn't be a result of Rivers demanding it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't have to move his family. It's a 120 mile commute to see his family whenever he wants.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Many companies relocate, but not all employees move with them. I wouldn't criticize the guy at all for wanting to get out. He wants a shot at a title and will be spending 2 of his last 3 or 4 years playing in a 27k seat soccer stadium. There's a lot in flux and perhaps he's concerned the team will have a hard time focusing, signing free agents, etc... However, based on his previous comments that he wants to stay in San Diego, there's no easier place for him to commute to than LA. That's why I'm just not buying these rumors just yet. If Houston made an offer that they couldn't refuse that could change things, but it would be the team approaching Rivers to approve the trade. It wouldn't be a result of Rivers demanding it.

If you put it that way I understand the situation. Feeling that the team is not going to contend in your last few years is a different matter. Ditto for playing in a stadium that seats less than 30k. BTW - why in the hell are they playing in that stadium anyhow? Can't they play for a few years in Anaheim Stadium, the Rose Bowl or even share the Coliseum? Doesn't appear to make sense.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to move his family. It's a 120 mile commute to see his family whenever he wants.

I understand that & said as much in a previous reply.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear in an attempt to shake up the Giants, they decide to swap Eli for Rivers plus a 3rd rounder this year and a 1st and 5th next year.