• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Keeper Question

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in an NL only + BAL and CLE, keeper league. As far as the keepers go. You can keep a guy for 2 years max, meaning you draft him, you can keep them for the next 2 draft. Also during the season you can carry 5 minor leaguers. And as long as they didn't surpass the rookie requirements, they're eligible to be kept for your draft as well.

So, here's where I'm at.

N. Arenado - I'm keeping him regardless, I traded a guy I couldn't keep any longer, so I can keep him this year and next, that being said, it's the same situation for everyone that will be listed next.

R. Hoskins (OF, CI), E Encarnacion (CI), N Syndergaard, C Martinez, L Weaver, Z Godley, I can throw in D. Salazar as well, but with his injury history, what's the point. Honestly, I only included Encarnacion because they have him projected to score 50 more points than Hoskins, which doesn't jive with me.

That being said with the above who else to pick, pitchers can be tough to come by, so my minor leaguers I want to keep (which they can start the season in the pros, as long as they were ML last year and still rookie eligible) are as follows:

Jack Flaherty (perhaps starting the season in the majors)
Mitch Keller
Mike Soroka

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the question...

Is it one more after Arenado?

Tough go throw back Hoskins, but Thor is amazing. Only injury concerns with him.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the question...

Is it one more after Arenado?

Tough go throw back Hoskins, but Thor is amazing. Only injury concerns with him.
Yeah, one more after Arenado, he's my unquestioned, I know what I'll get with him. Thor I hate for the injury concerns, but as I said with the minor league options, pitchers are hard to come by. Though I think I'm putting a few nice options up there for others later on. Thor has that ceiling, but I feel like Martinez or Weaver may not give me something similar if not better. Mainly due to injury. As a phillis fan I feel I'm biased looking at Hoskins, though as this spring went on I felt better and the dual position of OF or CI gives me some flexibility in the draft.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, one more after Arenado, he's my unquestioned, I know what I'll get with him. Thor I hate for the injury concerns, but as I said with the minor league options, pitchers are hard to come by. Though I think I'm putting a few nice options up there for others later on. Thor has that ceiling, but I feel like Martinez or Weaver may not give me something similar if not better. Mainly due to injury. As a phillis fan I feel I'm biased looking at Hoskins, though as this spring went on I felt better and the dual position of OF or CI gives me some flexibility in the draft.

Hoskins is definitely worthy. I just couldn't pass up Thor. Martinez and Weaver can't be in the conversation, imo.

What pick do you have? Who are those likely to be available?