• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another hockey season is about to commence

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auston Matthews has regular bowel movements. TSN and Sportsnet only report on 98% of them. Unprecedented.

Erik Karlsson leads the league in scoring into December despite missing the first 6 games. TSN and Sportsnet break the story that he's from Sweden, which isn't even in Canada, and that his beard is much less burly than Brent Burns's. He's placed on waivers the next day. He goes unclaimed.

Ron Hextall leaves the pressbox to fight a player after he ran a goalie. In a bizarre twist that player is Wayne Simmonds. After injuries from the fight Ron Hextall survives a 13 month coma, during which time the Flyers record and morale drastically improves.

Sidney Crosby finds a new level in his career. He becomes a trained urologist so that he can legally (as if he'd be punished anyway hahahahaha) wreak havoc on dudes' junk.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Boeser gets 50 goals
Canucks finish 6th from last and end up with the 5th overall pick

on the strength of Bozos 50 goal calder trophy winning season, canucks are buyers at the trade deadline and end up finishing 1 point shy of making the playoffs ... fans will be pissed all season

they then end up winning the draft lottery

:wtf:

:thumb:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not to Toronto because he is softer than a Krispy Kreme just off the conveyor belt.

He's a goddam Canadian hero. Show some respect!!! Just because he's not nearly as good as Canadian media make him out to be doesn't mean... what were we talking about? Oh yeah Doughty not to Toronto. Meh, sure.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Habs could get a competent coach and GM, we'd go far because the players rock. Management will find a way to fuck it up though through idiotic line shuffles or even more idiot trades.

GO HABS!

Snoopy-Yelling-in-Penalty-Box-Hockey.gif

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings make playoffs as second wildcard due to tiebreaker. Everyone has video of one game when clock freezes and Doughty scores in extra second. Kings then roll through playoffs with few penalties against and two goal reviews that go their way for game winners.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I change my prediction to Boeser will get 50 goals and 50 assists this year?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Brock, he really isn't getting the coverage that others have received as rookies. Maybe because he wasn't a first overall pick?

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised, the Canucks don't get a lot of National coverage. Case in point would be this list of top 10 drafted World Junior players to watch. Elias Pettersson might be worthy of mentioning as he's leading the SEL in points as a rookie.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Brock, he really isn't getting the coverage that others have received as rookies. Maybe because he wasn't a first overall pick?

Guess I shouldn't be too surprised, the Canucks don't get a lot of National coverage. Case in point would be this list of top 10 drafted World Junior players to watch. Elias Pettersson might be worthy of mentioning as he's leading the SEL in points as a rookie.

I see Yamamoto was mentioned in the linked article - He was pretty invisible last night against Slovakia.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of December recap:

"Damn you're good"

Red Wings finish below Vegas.

"Not sure but a lot closer then we thought in October"

Brock Boeser gets 50 goals

Only 1 original 6 team makes the playoffs. TML.

:clap:

Interestingly, only two teams north of the 49th are in the playoffs today. And if Scheifle (sp?) is out for any length of time, Dallas, Minnesota and Chicago aren't that far back.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Yamamoto was mentioned in the linked article - He was pretty invisible last night against Slovakia.
He'll fit right in on a line with Lucic then.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every skater on the Red Wings roster finishes the season with a negative ±.
Only 3 plus players right now.

Tampa is due for a healthy season and a Presidents trophy. Hedman is due for a Norris.
Also on track.

He's literally the only thing I hear about from the western half of the country other than Matt Tkachuk gooning it up. Yeah he's not getting Matthews-like exposure because he plays in a market a third of the size but people are talking.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when "they" are talking Bozo, "theyre" comparing him to Wendel Clark of course lol :crazy:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 plus players right now.

Before the weekend, Jonathan Ericsson was the only plus player on the roster at +2.

Next 5 games:

vOTT
vFLA
vTB
@PIT
@CHI

These three
games should take care of any remaining pluses.