• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another game we could have won

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my observations

Long is a difference maker for our Defense. We still miss too many tackles. We had a good plan and kept Hill on his back feet all day. Rushing D was great. You could see our lack of size as we wore down at the end of the game. We fell for every trick play they had.

Grier was on and off all day. While the loss is not on him, he could have won the game. The receivers had some key drops. We needed more Crawford and less McKoy and Pettaway.

Questionable penalties and calls really hurt us. How can sills get called for offensive pass interference when the defender had a hold of his jersey.

I hate to see this pattern where we look like the better team, make mistakes and fail to close.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was an emotional roller coaster for me. When we went down 17-3, I thought the game was over. Bam... 2 quick strikes and we are having us a ball game.

It was a great football game! Sadly, the officials played a huge part in the outcome of the game.

I was so relieved to see WVU play some stout defense. IMO, it speaks volumes that TCU had to resort to trick plays... volumes. The other thing that speaks to me is how TCU had two weeks to come up with some defensive looks that were different than anything WVU had seen on film. It was effective as WVU scored but 3 points in the first half. But, our coaches solved the riddle, and came out blazing hot in the 2nd half.

One can certainly see Will is a cool cat. VT came out and played a 3 stack... something he had not prepared to see. While he may have had some first game jitters and a little rust, IMO... his brain was working too fast and it affected his play. Same was true yesterday. He missed some pretty easy throws... 2 to Sills that would have been at least 1 TD and possibly a 2nd in the first half. While those misses may have destroyed the psyche of many a QB, he has that ability to dump it and make the next play.

I'm more excited about the rest of the season today than I was yesterday!!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well whaddaya expect, captain derp is in charge
dana-holgorsen.jpg

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll harder...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football officials need to be taken off the league's payroll and be accountable to the NCAA rather than the conference, once Oklahoma lost yesterday, it immediately became the conference's best interest that TCU won the game. I do not know if is planned or in subconscious, but it DOES effect the way games are called.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football officials need to be taken off the league's payroll and be accountable to the NCAA rather than the conference, once Oklahoma lost yesterday, it immediately became the conference's best interest that TCU won the game. I do not know if is planned or in subconscious, but it DOES effect the way games are called.

Mark this down! I actually agree with you about accountability for the officials.

There seems to be some truth to any conspiracy theory out there. Is it intentional? I don't know about that. But, I'll never forget the favorable calls we got in the 13-9 game. Definitely some phantom calls made against Pitt which only made me smile until the final seconds ticked off on that dreadful night.

IMO, WVU has been treated unfairly by the officiating crew in its two losses this year.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the game plan on offense and like bb was relieved to see us actually play some defense, thank goodness for better health!

I hate to blame officiating for a loss but....Aint NO question they played a major role in what happened yesterday, some of the worst I've seen and I have seen PAC12 officials who imho were/are the worst as a whole in CFB. The overturned late hit on Sills out of bounds was atrocious , the OPI nonsense, some obvious holding by their WR's with jerseys stretching to their max on playside situations affecting the play not called when Ivs een it called on our WR's for far less in other games.. On and on, it was awful.

Something has to give with our special teams situation, we give up too much and don't get enough in return yards, our KO gets us killed on the regular and Molina should not even be a kicker at this level.
Gee and Lyons need to get Dana the money to hire a proven ST coach for better development and recruitment imo.

I'll never like the 3-3-5 but I WOULD like to see this defensive AND offensive staff kept in place for a couple years to go along with that new ST coach, we MIGHT be able to put all 3 phases together for once if we could make that happen.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the rest, I hate blaming officiating for a loss. After the VT game, I said that officials are going to err on the side of safety when Dana lost his mind on a call of a hit out of bounds. Sills was a victim of 2 non calls which should have been called, a deliberate high hit on him and a hit out of bounds, which was more blatant than the one called on the Mountaineers during the VT game.

The OPI was an all time epic fail for Big 12 officiating. The other call was the booth overturning the call on the field on the interception.

If Dana lost his mind on any of these, I wouldn't have blamed him.

Defense played well. I'm not going to fault the special teams except for our FG unit. Maybe it's time to conduct open tryouts for a place kicker.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was lost in the first half...their Punter was lethal..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was lost in the first half...their Punter was lethal..

We could have overcome their punter. Each time he pinned us, we were able to move the ball. missed opportunities are what really killed us. the following plays stuck out in my mind.

1st quarter overthrow of Sills int he end zone. we end up with a Field goal.
1st quarter overthrow of Sills on third down.
missed field goal after that play.
missed tackle by Long on the trick play pass to the QB.

Then there were the Zebras
Fumble on punt- Looked like it hit the defenders arms first.
Interception overturn- That was too close to overturn in my mind
Offensive interference call on Sills for not letting the DB keep a hold of his jersey.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who did OU lose to again??..and weren't they playing at home?:scratch:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must have lost an avi bet. Thought he was a nut supporter until they lost to OU.

I think you're right!! He's a super dumbass! Like one of the most stupid fucking posters I've ever met in this message board thing we call life!

And, that's saying something!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have overcome their punter. Each time he pinned us, we were able to move the ball. missed opportunities are what really killed us. the following plays stuck out in my mind.

Then there were the Zebras
Fumble on punt- Looked like it hit the defenders arms first.
Interception overturn- That was too close to overturn in my mind
Offensive interference call on Sills for not letting the DB keep a hold of his jersey.

That all played a part for sure...but no team is going to sustain more than maybe 1 drive over 90 yards in a game let alone 4...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how the punter killed us. Don't expect perfect execution. You make enough plays to get in the endzone. That's really hard to do over 95 yards.