• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another free ride to fail city for the Angels

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after year we get the same shit from these pretenders :
1) pre season fave to win it all
2) Fail
every single yr and no one out there is held accountable. Front office changes , endless roster moves including ridiculous free agent acquisitions , coaching changes etc and all they do is fail. The one constant is Mike Scioscia and he's never questioned. At some point someone out there needs to wake the fuck up and realize this guy is not the manager we've been told he is. He's handed a loaded roster every yr and for the most part has been nothing more than the master of mediocrity. Time for a change becuz they're going nowhere this yr either.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the manager has more sway than a GM, you know an organization is dysfunctional. DiPoto isn't anything special, but good grief, Moreno. Organizationally, the Angels are train wreck.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that this is Scioscia's fault. He is not responsible for the absolutely silly free agent moves from this organization. They need pitching. Starting and relief. They haven't had a bullpen worth a shit for years and they never address it. Instead they pick up Pujols and Hamilton at huge salaries when they needed neither a first baseman nor an outfielder.

They seem to want to pick up the shiniest free agents without any regard to what the team actually needs. That's not on the manager.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the manager has more sway than a GM, you know an organization is dysfunctional. DiPoto isn't anything special, but good grief, Moreno. Organizationally, the Angels are train wreck.
I absolutely agree. It's well known now that Scioscia has more say that anyone except Moreno. Who wants to be the GM in that situation? No one

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that this is Scioscia's fault. He is not responsible for the absolutely silly free agent moves from this organization. They need pitching. Starting and relief. They haven't had a bullpen worth a shit for years and they never address it. Instead they pick up Pujols and Hamilton at huge salaries when they needed neither a first baseman nor an outfielder.

They seem to want to pick up the shiniest free agents without any regard to what the team actually needs. That's not on the manager.
as previously discussed , Scioscia carries more weight than anyone/everyone under Moreno. Don't think for a second Scioscia's fingerprints aren't all over this mess becuz they are

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wonder what I've done to deserve this. No one on planet Earth hates this team, their owner, their players, their fucking CITY more than I do. It's pure, unadulterated GLORY! :yes:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wonder what I've done to deserve this. No one on planet Earth hates this team, their owner, their players, their fucking CITY more than I do. It's pure, unadulterated GLORY! :yes:
Baseball gods owed you something by giving the Padres Preller? :noidea:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also made terrible usage of Mike Napoli because Scioscia thought that Mathis should have gotten the nod because of defense, even though Mathis was a historically bad hitter. That should absolutely be held against him.