• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another accusation against Paterno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Penn State coach Paterno told of child sex abuse decades ago: court document

Well this new hits hard if true. Paterno new of abuse in 1976 and might have told victim to keep quite about it. I finally thought this scandal was over with and we had a chance of Paterno's statue being put back up. First I hope every victim of this horrible crime is fine as much as they can be from something horrible. Second I truly hope Paterno didn't know or that he did report it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this one seems like total bullshit. Its miraculously suddenly been brought out when an insurance company is looking to avoid forking 60-90 mil over to PSU because their BOT completely fucked up and left an open checkbook to anyone who accused Jerry of sexual abuse. Hell, the only person cited as a source says he respected Joe till 2011 when the story broke, but claims he knew about Paterno covering it up in 1970's...yeah, ok....the guy is a known loon who hated Joe as well. I mean, if you believe Joe would put his career and everything he'd worked for on teh line for a guy who was on his staff for a couple years, was a no name coach at the time, could've been fired and swept away pretty easily in that era and llet said guy continue to play with his children and grandchildren, yeah, this claim makes perfect sense. Also, the series of events they laid out is ridiculous as well if you read the whole thing. It was a fine day for the scum of the media looking for cheap clicks, but really nothing to substantiate anything in taht 1 line everyone is going ballistic about. If we've learned anything from Freeh report, wait for ALL the facts to come out

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this one seems like total bullshit. Its miraculously suddenly been brought out when an insurance company is looking to avoid forking 60-90 mil over to PSU because their BOT completely fucked up and left an open checkbook to anyone who accused Jerry of sexual abuse. Hell, the only person cited as a source says he respected Joe till 2011 when the story broke, but claims he knew about Paterno covering it up in 1970's...yeah, ok....the guy is a known loon who hated Joe as well. I mean, if you believe Joe would put his career and everything he'd worked for on teh line for a guy who was on his staff for a couple years, was a no name coach at the time, could've been fired and swept away pretty easily in that era and llet said guy continue to play with his children and grandchildren, yeah, this claim makes perfect sense. Also, the series of events they laid out is ridiculous as well if you read the whole thing. It was a fine day for the scum of the media looking for cheap clicks, but really nothing to substantiate anything in taht 1 line everyone is going ballistic about. If we've learned anything from Freeh report, wait for ALL the facts to come out

Anyone else notice how ESPN loves to hate on PSU. I have a list of my favorite teams on left side of screen and for Penn State Mens Basketball it said player shot in wrong basket to end game. You click on the link and it was involving a player who never went to Penn State. They (ESPN) only shows us negative reports. I hope you are right LBU about the new Paterno report because this makes me sick. If Paterno new about Sandusky since the 70's then I need to reconsider how much I respect Paterno. I am not jumping to conclusions and will let it all unfold first which the NCAA should have done when Sandusky was arrested. Side note in a way: anyone else feel sorry for Mcqueary? He is basically black balled from any jobs and he did the right thing and reported a incident he saw.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports is reporting that two unidentified men who were victims were told by Paterno to drop their claims against Sandusky back when their incidents occurred and that up to 6 assistants knew about Sandusky's abuse early on. I suppose at some point we may or may not know who knew what when and what Paterno's role was in they mess.

Reports: PSU coaches saw abuse; Paterno told victims to drop claim

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this on a message board and it pretty much sums it up for me

Hmmmm.....

Questions (disclaimer--I realize that victims of sexual abuse have suffered immensely, and that their reports should be taken as truthful, at least until inconsistencies begin to appear):

1) Why does CNN put the worst looking picture of Joe Paterno available on their site?
2) How did CNN get ahold of a sealed document. Parties involved are paternos, NCAA, PSU, and Freeh. Guess who didn't leak the document.
3) Was the victim 60 or 62? Hey, I know its a minor difference. But when the truth doesnt matter, who cares about a year or two?
4) Sandusky, the non-drinker, picks up a hitchhiker and plies him with EtOH and pot. in 1970s, when pot possession was a real crime.
5) Then forcibly rapes him--completely different than MO of all other cases.
6) So, lets see, a 17 yo is forcibly raped, and his first instinct is to call a football coach and a dude named Jim? If you were assaulted by a Pepsi truck driver, would you call the cops or Pepsi headquarters? I'd guess the cops, unless you wanted to sue Pepsi.... And, FWIW, I was living in State College in 1971. Joe Paterno was no legend at that time.
7) The victim was previously victimized by Catholic priests. A real run of bad luck there.
8) The victim's primary support comes from wacko McCue, a true loon accused of pedophilia himself. And wacko is on record as saying he admired Paterno until 2011; 39 years (give or take 2) from when victim confided in him.
9) Victim says he used to have a buddy who would take him to Super Bowls--hey, just a question here--anyone on this board have ~60 yo friends who take you to Super Bowls, all expenses paid, no strings attached?
10) Victim says same buddy now tapes signs saying "sandusky hole" to his backside at parties. Hey, another question here. When is the last time you saw a bunch of 60 yo guys taping signs to each other at a party?

I find it stunning that the mainstream media is running with this. Then again, I recently heard of a poll where 25% of US college grads thought that Judge Judy was on the US Supreme court.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this interesting

Also to answer a question you had LBU, it's wasn't CNN that got the docs...it was Sara Ganim who was at the time working for a Harrisburg newspaper at the time (2011). Rumor is she really "worked" to get those docs if you catch my drift. As a fact how she got the docs is being investigated right now

Attorney General Kathleen Kane ordered to appear before Jerry Sandusky trial judge Thursday

I know that article is from 2015 but it's still ongoing.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ganim was at the Patriot news the AG office was leaking damning stuff to her to set the narrative. She was their puppet and parlayed it into a big career move. You notice she hasn't done shit since that and nothing before it, but somehow she's still at CNN with a Pulitzer given to her on a platter.

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll never know for sure what Paterno knew or didn't know. Until & unless this is proven true beyond the shadow of a doubt, he's innocent till proven guilty.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll never know for sure what Paterno knew or didn't know. Until & unless this is proven true beyond the shadow of a doubt, he's innocent till proven guilty.

If you want to give him every benefit of the doubt by dismissing the Freeh Report, all the witness accounts and other damning evidence all we need to do is look at Joe's own Grand Jury testimony to draw a conclussion. In his testimony he made it clear that he turned the matter over to others and washed his hands of it, made no attempt to get to the bottom of exactly what happened and most importantly made no attempt to make sure it never happened again. Years after being told of the shower incident he was still allowing Sandusky to bring children to his practices.

For the guy who was the moral compass of the university this simply can not happen. He turned his back on those children and as a result many lives were altered forever. He will always be remembered for this as he should be.

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to give him every benefit of the doubt by dismissing the Freeh Report, all the witness accounts and other damning evidence all we need to do is look at Joe's own Grand Jury testimony to draw a conclussion. In his testimony he made it clear that he turned the matter over to others and washed his hands of it, made no attempt to get to the bottom of exactly what happened and most importantly made no attempt to make sure it never happened again. Years after being told of the shower incident he was still allowing Sandusky to bring children to his practices.

For the guy who was the moral compass of the university this simply can not happen. He turned his back on those children and as a result many lives were altered forever. He will always be remembered for this as he should be.

maybe you should read the laws in PA were then? Had he done anything further he would've jeopardized any investigation. The Attorney general commended him for doing exactly what he was supposed to...yeah, the person prosecutiong the case. Child and youth services were also notified as well as second Mile, which is where Sandusky was actually working at the time...but hey, why dig for facts, rely on teh Freeh rfepiort which has bneen shot full of more holes than swiss cheese and proven to be FAR, FAR, FAR from an "independant investigation with emails clearly showing collusion amongst the NCAA, Freeh and the BOT at PSU who were covering their own ass as well as HUGE donors to Second Mile which is where the real problem was. Amazing nobody ever thinks to look there, but most took the narrative hook, line and sinker.

By the way, if all of these guys were so guilty of a cover up and its such a slam dunk why are most of the charges already dropped and why has the state still not gone to trial in 4 + years??

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you should read the laws in PA were then? Had he done anything further he would've jeopardized any investigation. The Attorney general commended him for doing exactly what he was supposed to...yeah, the person prosecutiong the case. Child and youth services were also notified as well as second Mile, which is where Sandusky was actually working at the time...but hey, why dig for facts, rely on teh Freeh rfepiort which has bneen shot full of more holes than swiss cheese and proven to be FAR, FAR, FAR from an "independant investigation with emails clearly showing collusion amongst the NCAA, Freeh and the BOT at PSU who were covering their own ass as well as HUGE donors to Second Mile which is where the real problem was. Amazing nobody ever thinks to look there, but most took the narrative hook, line and sinker.

By the way, if all of these guys were so guilty of a cover up and its such a slam dunk why are most of the charges already dropped and why has the state still not gone to trial in 4 + years??

I have been wondering about the trials for Shultz and Curley. As I said we can dismiss the Freer Report so you need to back off of that reference, I never defended or referenced the findings in that report.

It's a FACT that Paterno allowed Sandusky to continue to bring children to his practice. Please defend this if he was the really concerned about those kids and if he was the moral compass of the school as we all know to be true. And it is also a FACT from his GJ testimony that he failed to get to the bottom of exactly what happened. No he washed his hands of it and never looked back.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wondering about the trials for Shultz and Curley. As I said we can dismiss the Freer Report so you need to back off of that reference, I never defended or referenced the findings in that report.

It's a FACT that Paterno allowed Sandusky to continue to bring children to his practice. Please defend this if he was the really concerned about those kids and if he was the moral compass of the school as we all know to be true. And it is also a FACT from his GJ testimony that he failed to get to the bottom of exactly what happened. No he washed his hands of it and never looked back.

I haven't read Paterno's entire resume before he became coach at PSU, but I'm guessing Detective isn't there.

What would you like him to have done? Hold inquiries? Depose his own staff and the victims? I'm pretty sure that is somebody else's job and Paterno taking those actions isn't legal.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe actually wanted him banned from campus, but the brain trust at the top granted him emeritus status giving him an office on campus. Also, he was told by the people he reported it to that it was handled, so why wouldn't he let the guy bring underpriveleged kids from the second mile foundation, a group the football team did a ton of charity work for, to practice?

Also, his exact quote was with the benefit of hindsight, i wish I had done more....i mean, with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done a lot different in my life. If he had known then what he knew when he made that statement, I am sure he would've done more....that said, Mqueary has changed his statement on what exactly he told Joe at least 6 times, so you are assuming that he told Joe he saw Sandusky raping a kid, which seems to be far from the truth

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locking this one up, because really, this shit has been hashed and rehashed enough on here

Status
Not open for further replies.