• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another 2nd Half Double Digit Lead Blown

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s up with our future HOF basketball coach? I remember seeing we were up to a young, unranked UK team by 14 with a little over 16 minutes only to choke again. Bali’s said we had a 17 point lead in the second half. Lost 4 out of the last 5 games. Keep shooting those outside 3’s. Do we even have any offense set plays once we reach the front court? Let the excuses begin. Elite 8 or bust.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs is just doin his part to help his buddies make the dance.

Got TCU a solid win for their resume the other night... Got Cal a nice one for his young team today.

Some of yall just don't understand loyalty....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, last night was another embarrassing loss.

Here is what I don't understand. You had a lineup in the first half that was scoring points. It was a 3 guard lineup with Beetle on the court because Dax was an early liability and Esa was once again lost.

So, what does Huggs do in the 2nd half? Comes out with the same old starting lineup. And, when that didn't hold the lead, he goes 1-3-1 with both Ruott and Bender on the floor together? WTF was that?

Obviously he was sending a message to his frontcourt of West, Harris and Allen.

Sags is going to have to stay on the court. This year reminds me of Devin's SO year. If he got into early foul trouble, the team was toast.

I see a 3G 2F lineup in our near future...

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m wondering when we actually are going to start running plays on offense instead of running around aimlessly chucking 3’s. I don’t want to think what next years like without JC

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1-3-1 is a good change of pace but you have to have the players to get into position. They run a form of motion but never attack the bucket off of it. Ru n the clock down to 7 or 8 seconds on the shot clock and then do a 3 Stooges move to chuck up an unbalanced long distance shot.
Whatever happened to following your shots. I know that the defense players release, but JC shot one that clanked and all he had to do was take 3 steps to his right. Instead he stood and watches it hit the floor and a UK player grab it. You can’t play worrying about hitting the pine after a mistake.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1-3-1 we ran last night was a fucking joke. Esa has lost a ton of speed since last year. He was too slow to be on the point. And, we had Harler on the back line. You have to have your quickest guard down there because he literally has to go from corner to corner in coverage.

Huggs would not substitute West, Harris, Allen back into the game. One point, Harris or West got off the bench to go sub in, and I saw Huggs turn to him and tell him to sit.

Then he told the media his frontcourt was outplayed by UK's after the game. Well, he didn't give them much time to correct their mistakes when he made a point of benching them for the 2nd half.

In the mean time, we had a team on the floor with one or two kids capable of scoring. And, 1 or 2 kids who could defend.

It's tough to watch Huggs go through his discipline with his kids some times.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here guys....just on a losing streak in the toughest conf in college basketball....still with the typical post game comments of these kids just don't do anything right.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1-3-1 we ran last night was a fucking joke. Esa has lost a ton of speed since last year. He was too slow to be on the point. And, we had Harler on the back line. You have to have your quickest guard down there because he literally has to go from corner to corner in coverage.

Huggs would not substitute West, Harris, Allen back into the game. One point, Harris or West got off the bench to go sub in, and I saw Huggs turn to him and tell him to sit.

Then he told the media his frontcourt was outplayed by UK's after the game. Well, he didn't give them much time to correct their mistakes when he made a point of benching them for the 2nd half.

In the mean time, we had a team on the floor with one or two kids capable of scoring. And, 1 or 2 kids who could defend.

It's tough to watch Huggs go through his discipline with his kids some times.

This, if Teddy Allen plays vs Kansas we win that game. We likely win this one with his presence on offense too. I love huggs but may lord sometimes I don’t understand his tactics. But that’s why he’s a millionaire successful coach and I’m just a poor sales rep.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here guys....just on a losing streak in the toughest conf in college basketball....still with the typical post game comments of these kids just don't do anything right.
Why does that work for basketball but not football? Double digit leads of 14 points or more? This was against an unranked all Freshman team at home.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, this is what I have come to expect out of WVU hoops.
Similar to football but we have a guy or two, maybe 3, who thinks ok because Huggy is a future HOF.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to football but we have a guy or two, maybe 3, who thinks ok because Huggy is a future HOF.

I really don't think it's Huggs. To me it seems to be this group of kids. This is the last 2 or 3 years. It's like their heads get too big and they go pop! Which I guess you can blame Huggs for. I just want to see them play 40 minutes instead of 30.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m wondering when we actually are going to start running plays on offense instead of running around aimlessly chucking 3’s. I don’t want to think what next years like without JC
:10::agree::10::agree:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s up with our future HOF basketball coach? I remember seeing we were up to a young, unranked UK team by 14 with a little over 16 minutes only to choke again. Bali’s said we had a 17 point lead in the second half. Lost 4 out of the last 5 games. Keep shooting those outside 3’s. Do we even have any offense set plays once we reach the front court? Let the excuses begin. Elite 8 or bust.

Maybe one of the worst losses I can remember...they blew a 18 point lead AT HOME to a starting 5 of ALL FRESHMEN...

Some one help me here...are they really running a half court offense?..If so it is unrecognizable..

I have absolutely no clue who what the player rotation is?

I would suggest since it seems there is no rhyme or reason...this would be my starting 5..Konate ( who is clearly IMHO the Player of the Year) , Ahmad, Allen, Carter and Bailey...then the second wave of West, Bender, Harris, Miles and Harler...see how that flows and then mix and match from there...

Reason...Ahmad sucks coming off the bench...and I think Allen needs to get into the flow of the game early from what it looks like..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest since it seems there is no rhyme or reason...this would be my starting 5..Konate ( who is clearly IMHO the Player of the Year) , Ahmad, Allen, Carter and Bailey...then the second wave of West, Bender, Harris, Miles and Harler...see how that flows and then mix and match from there...

Reason...Ahmad sucks coming off the bench...and I think Allen needs to get into the flow of the game early from what it looks like..

I’m ok with that starting 5 minus Esa, Esa isn’t effective at any time right now regardless of when he comes in and West has vanished since Esa came back so I start West and see what happens.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ok with that starting 5 minus Esa, Esa isn’t effective at any time right now regardless of when he comes in and West has vanished since Esa came back so I start West and see what happens.

Well he is going to get his minutes one way or the other...history says hes a double double guy so might as well get him into a game where he is comfortable..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is DAD to comment on all of this recent success BTW?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think it's Huggs. To me it seems to be this group of kids. This is the last 2 or 3 years. It's like their heads get too big and they go pop! Which I guess you can blame Huggs for. I just want to see them play 40 minutes instead of 30.
I played for a coach very similar to Huggs while I was in high school and LOVED it. Loved being challenged in practice and during games. Would play 1 on 1 against him in practice and it seemed he would beat me 10-4 and run around practice saying “10-4 good buddy”. Coach played college ball in Indiana and had an outside shot I wish a couple of the Mountaineers had. I look at kids today and I bet half cannot or do not want to play Hugg’s style of in your face screaming the whole time. Look at Calipari. The second a kid comes off of the floor, he is instructing / teaching that kid before releasing that kid to an assistant for further guidance.

If you can blame a football coach for not preparing a team, you sure can blame a basketball coach for the same.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board with everyone here. I do not understand why this team is blowing big leads. More often than not our offense is to let JC create something. When JC goes cold, the team is done. He is best when he drives to assist and does not take it to the hoop where his is too short and does not have the last move to get to the basket. West has lost his 3 point shot. Asa is not producing. Dax, I don't know how he ever started.
Bolden has been great. Sags has really lifted his game. The white boys should not be on the floor especially all three together.
Our loss to Kentucky was due to us not getting rebounds during the second half. They got too many second chance points and made free throws when we fouled them. This team wins off of getting more shots by getting turnovers and rebounds. When we do neither, like the second half, we are toast.

Playing down the stretch with a big lead has been a problem with Huggs for a few years. I would almost rather see us down by 2 at the half then up by 15.

Still time to correct. This team has shown that it can beat anybody this year. A top NCAA seed is now out of the picture, but we will get to dance.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Calipari May be one of the most under appreciated coaches in basketball. Everyone focuses on the recruiting, but he teaches these outstanding individual players how to play the game.

Outside of only one year, I’ve never seen one of this teams fold at season’s end. They always seem to get better...