• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Angels @ Mariners - August 10 - August 13

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick a fork in them...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angles come to Safeco and steal the WC spot away from us... Fitting...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team has no pitching, and unless owners open up the coffers, it's going to stay that way for several years since jedi just trades everything away.

fuck, even if owners open up the checkbook, pickings for FA pitchers are slim.

i know most people on here want everything right now, and i understand it because the team's never won jack shit. but i look at teams like the KC, astros, cubs, and wonder why the ever living fuck we can't get a GM and owner that can get a goddamn clue on how to build a contender. is that too much to ask?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angles come to Safeco and steal the WC spot away from us... Fitting...
No, they didn't steal it from us. We gave it to them for a fucking early Christmas present.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, take a deep breath and...........nah fuck that and fuck them!

The Angles have built from the bottom, made it to the promise land, and now on the backside of success all within the timespan of the M's being shitty the entire time. Yet what happens? They come into our home and take a four game series, take over our playoff spot in the standings, and ruin yet another night that we celebrate 1995. Without 1995 what are we? It's all we've got and in the near future all we have.

Fire Servais!

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team has no pitching, and unless owners open up the coffers, it's going to stay that way for several years since jedi just trades everything away.

i know most people on here want everything right now, and i understand it because the team's never won jack shit. but i look at teams like the KC, astros, cubs, and wonder why the ever living fuck we can't get a GM and owner that can get a goddamn clue on how to build a contender. is that too much to ask?

I would have been happy with a smart (years long) rebuild of the farm system/team, I thought JD was going to do that when he was hired, then something happened and they switched over to win now mode and are pissing away any depth they had in the farm system.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners Baseball: The Founding Fathers of False Hope (TM)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like Jedi thinks this is a fantasy baseball team or something...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series has been incredibly demoralizing.

Pretty much... We drop 3 straight in tough fashion against a team that's chasing us in the WC... We'll, now we're chasing them.. Demoralizing is a perfect way to put it...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welps... the Angels absolutely EXPOSED this crappy team. It's over

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been happy with a smart (years long) rebuild of the farm system/team, I thought JD was going to do that when he was hired, then something happened and they switched over to win now mode and are pissing away any depth they had in the farm system.
This organization is now in a limbo. They aren't good enough to make the playoffs and there's literally zero talent down in the farm as Dipoto traded everyone away, so why even bother with these miserable bunch? By all means they are now in a hell lot worst shape than when Dipoto took over, didn't think it could be possible but it happened. Shit is gonna continue to go down hill for the next few years and they seem to be falling into a bottomless pit over the past decade.

I'll end this by saying:

FUCK DIPOTO. FUCK SERVAIS. FUCK THE OWNERS.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series has been incredibly demoralizing.
Blowpen had a good stretch but it was a damn fluke...don't ever let blowers and sims comment on how good they are because it is a kiss of death.

By all means, they may as well just tank it and be out of the damn race. All the injuries and mismanaging should be too much to overcome. This will make it less demoralizing

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least they made it interesting until the first of August.....

Good Luck to your Seahawks ( not really just being nice) hopefully my Eagles can come in and steal one here in December....

And Wazzu remember, "BOW DOWN BITCHES!"

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least they made it interesting until the first of August.....

Good Luck to your Seahawks ( not really just being nice) hopefully my Eagles can come in and steal one here in December....

And Wazzu remember, "BOW DOWN BITCHES!"

Where is that middle finger icon?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently it is too much. The same shit has been happening for 40 years. The refusal to do a full rebuild or actually take a chance in July when you are in the race. This team has continued to sit on the fence and do just enough to field a competitive team (or so they think). Yea the rotation injuries played a role this year but your rotation was Paxton(who's always hurt), Kuma (who's always hurt), Felix (who was hurt last year), Smyly( who was bad last year and hurt the year before) and Gallardo( who was bad last year). I just wish they would go route of the Braves or White Sox. Sure the first few years are lean but at least it's a direction.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m glad I didn't watch last nights game, I"m not gonna watch this team anymore, just look at the box-scores the next day, I refuse to put myself through anymore frustrating like what I felt the other night being up 5-1 late and blowing it... I seriously can't let myself get that pissed anymore... The way this team loses is so fucking stupid...