• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Reid not the right coach for KC apparently.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, in addition to a lot of other weird things that happened, not having Kelce, etc.

I'm just saying that the Chiefs run D really needed those 3 players I mentioned to be competitive with the other top teams. That run defense wasn't beating anyone.

I think their offense is the one that counters the Patriots the best, but now we will see Tennessee get destroyed this week...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota was over the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball "to himself" on the history making play... Chiefs won the damn game!
Triplett said that since he was in the shotgun its cool.

But it might still be reviewable. Ripped Ref went ahead and called an offsides then reviewed the previous play. So it's never too late.

That was the worst first weekend of playoff football I can remember. Coaches, players and refs. Just bad.

I was kinda expecting Reid to get fired after crapping the bed. Guess we wait till after they go 5-11 with a guy that isn't Smith next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely feeling like an all-defense kind of draft. There are no excuses to let a RB go for around 8 YPC in the 2nd half up 21-3. Zombo and Bailey need to be replaced. Johnson as well. Berry is coming back which is a godsend, but Ron Parker is getting long in the tooth. CB opposite Peters.
Im pretty sure DJ and Hali have played their last snaps as Chiefs. Gaines, too. I'd be stunned if they kept both Revis and Mitchell.

Zombo is the guy you're always happy to see as depth but always like 'wait, its a playoff game and he is in there. We're boned'

Bailey is situational. Bennie Logan is probably going to need to get signed long-term but if not then maybe there is room for 2 new draft picks on the dline.

So yeah...I could see almost the entire draft being defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda expecting Reid to get fired after crapping the bed. Guess we wait till after they go 5-11 with a guy that isn't Smith next year.
I don't think Reid has a hot seat but I do think he'd get fired with a losing season with how bad the AFC West is right now.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triplett said that since he was in the shotgun its cool.

But it might still be reviewable. Ripped Ref went ahead and called an offsides then reviewed the previous play. So it's never too late.

That was the worst first weekend of playoff football I can remember. Coaches, players and refs. Just bad.

I think I read the head official that called this game retired right after the game......I need to go find it.....

As for AR, Clayton and Moose already hit on it, Chiefs were lacking a defense, and that was pretty much the entire year. Is that far to blame AR? I don't think so. yeah his play selection will always be in question, ( god knows I've dropped some F bombs watch some of his calls over the years) but the guy wins games. Even with no frickin talent on his roster. They have one plus for this off season and that is some one will over pay for Smith, ( Cousins is a distant third behind this guy) they'll get some draft picks back since they gave up picks for Mahomes last year. It's a defensive deep draft again....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read the head official that called this game retired right after the game......I need to go find it.....

As for AR, Clayton and Moose already hit on it, Chiefs were lacking a defense, and that was pretty much the entire year. Is that far to blame AR? I don't think so. yeah his play selection will always be in question, ( god knows I've dropped some F bombs watch some of his calls over the years) but the guy wins games. Even with no frickin talent on his roster. They have one plus for this off season and that is some one will over pay for Smith, ( Cousins is a distant third behind this guy) they'll get some draft picks back since they gave up picks for Mahomes last year. It's a defensive deep draft again....
Yeah. I read it in CBS.

Watched that game with my old man. He's started his retirement countdown already. And made a couple comments about how Triplett looked like a guy who was playing out the string. He was right.

Going to need to hit on a lot of picks to make up for going with a QB that isn't an MVP candidate imo. A lot of picks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Reid has a hot seat but I do think he'd get fired with a losing season with how bad the AFC West is right now.
I don't think it was coming into that game.

Just think it should be now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay classy, Denver

Sorry karma bit you in the ass, it happens get over it. Maybe Kelce can use this as a humbling experience and stop acting like prick all the time. I wasn't rooting for him to get injured but I don't feel sorry for him for getting his comeuppance.

And you're hilarious, a Chiefs fan talking about class.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry karma bit you in the ass, it happens get over it. Maybe Kelce can use this as a humbling experience and stop acting like prick all the time. I wasn't rooting for him to get injured but I don't feel sorry for him for getting his comeuppance.

And you're hilarious, a Chiefs fan talking about class.
No such thing as karma. Just confirmation bias.

Concussions are a serious thing and have a good chance of ruining football moving forward. Saying that someone deserves a concussion for talking trash is pussy talk.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as karma. Just confirmation bias.

Concussions are a serious thing and have a good chance of ruining football moving forward. Saying that someone deserves a concussion for talking trash is pussy talk.

So if you punch a bully in the face and he falls down and gets a concussion you can't say he had it coming? I'm supposed to feel bad that the guy who's always giving it to people is suddenly on the receiving end for a change. Because that's what Kelce is, he's the definition of a jock bully who thinks he's untouchable. Great player, gigantic douche of a person.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you punch a bully in the face and he falls down and gets a concussion you can't say he had it coming? I'm supposed to feel bad that the guy who's always giving it to people is suddenly on the receiving end for a change. Because that's what Kelce is, he's the definition of a jock bully who thinks he's untouchable. Great player, gigantic douche of a person.
Trash talking and concussions just flat-out aren't even close to the same level.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly my least favorite player in the game.

He's a qunt.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is one of those brilliant people that can't think straight when the lights get too bright.

Alex Smith is the same fucking way.

They had the double voodoo, man.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your league leading rusher, can't have 11 carries in the game and you lose a 21-3 halftime lead...something is wrong with your Xs & Os.
That's not a bad point but Tennessee was without a doubt playing the run and I'm sure KC audibled out of plenty of designed plays to him because they saw a desirable matchup that didn't end up producing much.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players didn't execute very well?

They did not that is true but you can't just blame players, how about motivating players to play hard? That's on the coach as well

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does "motivation" look like. That wasn't a motivation problem. I really struggle to see where you're coming from here.

How do you know it wasn't a motivational problem? You don't. I get it man you love Reid and will defend him to the death but he needs to take some blame too