• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Reid not the right coach for KC apparently.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too busy this weekend and wasn't able to watch any football. How did Alex Smith do?
On the whole good, clustered all the bad in the 2nd half though to tank a great performance into what most are going to say is a choke. Failed to handle pressure and absence of Kelce. Not convinced playcalling was the issue so much as Alex himself.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the whole good, clustered all the bad in the 2nd half though to tank a great performance into what most are going to say is a choke. Failed to handle pressure and absence of Kelce. Not convinced playcalling was the issue so much as Alex himself.

Greg Cosell was talking about Alex Smith on our local radio station this past Friday. He said something to the effect that he doesn't go through his reads well and struggles. I don't remember his exact words but bascially was describing how Alex Smith is limited.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cosell was talking about Alex Smith on our local radio station this past Friday. He said something to the effect that he doesn't go through his reads well and struggles. I don't remember his exact words but bascially was describing how Alex Smith is limited.
I think if he sees something that differs from what he sees pre-snap, there's a problem. If it's straight up man to man he has done very, very well this year.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is insane to me. The guy who is one of four legitimately innovative coaches in the NFL currently, has a team with Alex Smith carried into the playoffs despite the 32nd DVOA D, and I am supposed to be upset at him when he doesn't control personnel? We already are moving on from Alex. We are likely moving on from Sutton. This is not blind complicity like with Marvin whatsoever.

I would wager at least 25 coaches fail to do better than .500 with this Chiefs team.

Agree it's not Andy, has he ever had an elite qb, yet has been in the playoffs numerous times between Philly and KC and 1 SB appearance that he came close to winning with McNabb at qb....
People need to look at the officiating today and consider the fact that they call holding , PI, UR, etc anytime they feel like it and don't when they don't feel like it....
When it's on crucial plays of the game, they get more attention and thus change the momentum and or the outcome of every game....
They literally control the outcome of each game played, and I am sure that at least some games are tampered with by them for whatever reason....
This game is not totally legit anymore IMO.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota was over the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball "to himself" on the history making play... Chiefs won the damn game!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota was over the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball "to himself" on the history making play... Chiefs won the damn game!
foot_right_on_line.jpg

No he isn't.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some people don't know the rules, as long as at least 1 part of your body is behind the line it counts.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players choked and didn't perform well yesterday unless you think there was something wrong with the Xs and Os.

Your league leading rusher, can't have 11 carries in the game and you lose a 21-3 halftime lead...something is wrong with your Xs & Os.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not "official line" that's TV version....
upload_2018-1-8_14-24-44.png

There's the line, right before the snap. Notice the football in relation to the hash-mark.

foot_right_on_line.jpg

Now look at his foot in relation to that hash mark. He's clearly on or behind it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 172376

There's the line, right before the snap. Notice the football in relation to the hash-mark.

foot_right_on_line.jpg

Now look at his foot in relation to that hash mark. He's clearly on or behind it.
Not the exact same angle so things are deceptive but my interpretation is that he is pretty much on it.

Most Chiefs fans refer to this as the 'forward progress' game, though. I don't think this is the one that gets most people upset.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like KC losing was karma. Travis Kelce is one of the biggest shit talking douchebags in the entire league to both players and fans and he got knocked the fuck out. Tyreek Hill had slightly more dropped passes than dropped domestic abuse cases against him. And the Chiefs themselves spent the whole year waiting to replace Alex Smith despite the fact that he had an MVP type season for them and has been their best QB in God knows how long.
Stay classy, Denver

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the exact same angle so things are deceptive but my interpretation is that he is pretty much on it.

Most Chiefs fans refer to this as the 'forward progress' game, though. I don't think this is the one that gets most people upset.
It's not the same angle, but you can see the line of scrimmage "TV line" compared to the hash mark and it lines up with the ball. And you can see that the line isn't wrong as it is parallel with the 5 yard line marker. So we can conclude that the ball is spotted just shy of the 6-yard hash mark, the "TV line of scrimmage" is just shy of the 6-yard hash mark, the line of scrimmage maintains the correct path as it stays parallel to the 5-yard line on the field, and that Mariota is clearly touching the line.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't get talked about the Chiefs-Titans game very much is that by the 2nd half the Chiefs were so injured that it really didn't matter if they won the game.

Facing New England again except this time without Eric Berry, Chris Jones and without Nunez-Roches who I believe they rotated in on those key run stops in week 1? If they weren't the worst run defense going into the Tennessee game then they were definitely the worst run defense by the end of it.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was only 3rd down! They would have had another chance to recreate the same play to win.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't get talked about the Chiefs-Titans game very much is that by the 2nd half the Chiefs were so injured that it really didn't matter if they won the game.

Facing New England again except this time without Eric Berry, Chris Jones and without Nunez-Roches who I believe they rotated in on those key run stops in week 1? If they weren't the worst run defense going into the Tennessee game then they were definitely the worst run defense by the end of it.

In the end, Derrick Henry obliterated them running and receiving the football.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, Derrick Henry obliterated them running and receiving the football.
Agreed, in addition to a lot of other weird things that happened, not having Kelce, etc.

I'm just saying that the Chiefs run D really needed those 3 players I mentioned to be competitive with the other top teams. That run defense wasn't beating anyone.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely feeling like an all-defense kind of draft. There are no excuses to let a RB go for around 8 YPC in the 2nd half up 21-3. Zombo and Bailey need to be replaced. Johnson as well. Berry is coming back which is a godsend, but Ron Parker is getting long in the tooth. CB opposite Peters.