• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrews....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....signed a 3 yr contract extension. Gotta love the OL's future now. Solder/Thuney/Andrews/Mason/Cannon. Garcia, McDermett, Karas, Fleming, Waddel. I expect Garcia to replace Solder next yr. BB making good use of that cap space to get some important guys done.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....signed a 3 yr contract extension. Gotta love the OL's future now. Solder/Thuney/Andrews/Mason/Cannon. Garcia, McDermett, Karas, Fleming, Waddel. I expect Garcia to replace Solder next yr. BB making good use of that cap space to get some important guys done.
I read this today I guess they feel Andrews has made progress and has room to go, I have not been terribly impressed with him

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Rebel on this one. Andrews has been a nice player considering he was undrafted. But I thought Stork was better? Andrews filled in admirably as a rookie when Stork got hurt. Brady seems to trust him so that's all that really matters. He's missed some assignments but all-in-all he's been pretty solid. Assuming NE didn't break the bank on this deal I'm glad he'll provide continuity to the middle of the line. With Thuney and Mason they should only improve the more time they spend together. It also allows BB to focus elsewhere next year FA period and the draft:clap:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk about Stork, you mentioned two critical things.

1. You can't make the club if you're in the tub.
2. If Brady can't trust you, who else on the team is more important than him??

Andrews will get plenty of attention from Scar during mini camp and training camp. He'll have Patricia run some of the same plays that Andrews whiffed last year and teach him how to pick those up. It's also up to the guards to scream "I've got your left" or "I've got your right", so that he's not moving to block a guy that a guard is blocking and not pick up a linebacker. My guess is that Scar probably kicked some guard butt as well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Rebel on this one. Andrews has been a nice player considering he was undrafted. But I thought Stork was better? Andrews filled in admirably as a rookie when Stork got hurt. Brady seems to trust him so that's all that really matters. He's missed some assignments but all-in-all he's been pretty solid. Assuming NE didn't break the bank on this deal I'm glad he'll provide continuity to the middle of the line. With Thuney and Mason they should only improve the more time they spend together. It also allows BB to focus elsewhere next year FA period and the draft:clap:
I agree he has played admirably but I feel he is subpar at the position, he looks so unnatural and I think he questions himself to much, ie lack confidence. If Scar can convince him to release his doubts he may play with more confidence and fluidity.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Stork, but really the only thing he did better than Andrews was be bigger and stronger. Too many dumb penalties and wayward shotgun snaps for my liking. And the concussion issues make it a moot point, anyway. Even if they hadn't cut him he'd still be out of the league now and Andrews would still be the C.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Stork, but really the only thing he did better than Andrews was be bigger and stronger. Too many dumb penalties and wayward shotgun snaps for my liking. And the concussion issues make it a moot point, anyway. Even if they hadn't cut him he'd still be out of the league now and Andrews would still be the C.

I really wish the had signed Mack when he was FA

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned above, Stork's major contribution was his size (315-320) and his major deficiency was his propensity to take too many silly penalties, several at the most inopportune times. That said, I am hoping the Pats can come up with a heavier backup center to supplant Andrews. He is still prone to being overwhelmed by bull rushing nose tackles.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He’s [Andrews] being rewarded because he’s smart, durable, and dependable. He does his job, helps run the Patriots offense smoothly, and rarely makes mistakes."

"He's done a great job, been so consistent and dependable for us in his calls and his control of the line of scrimmage," Brady said in December."

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3yr worth $9M. 11M with incentives.