• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andersen and staff's recruiting...

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we had a solid in-state core committed already when we hired Andersen, but the staff has really started to pick up the recruiting in the past month or so...I for one am impressed.

Thoughts?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Raridon bolted I was worried that more were on the way. We had two awesome DT recruits at one point(Raridon and Latham) and it sucked losing both.

But they shored up the 13 class, and they seem serious about keeping faith with Wisconsin prep players. And they're landing QBs?

Seems like they aren't going to miss a beat.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very happy so far. They've locked down the home state, which is essential. They have found a way to get high 3 star guys from out of state (who possess many BCS offers already and will likely pick up more). I also like the wide net. We're making sure to get our name out and putting ourselves in the consciousness of top coaches. I think it'll pay off in the long run. And if we have the type of year we are capable of having, it might pay off in the short term as well.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been very happy so far. They've locked down the home state, which is essential. They have found a way to get high 3 star guys from out of state (who possess many BCS offers already and will likely pick up more). I also like the wide net. We're making sure to get our name out and putting ourselves in the consciousness of top coaches. I think it'll pay off in the long run. And if we have the type of year we are capable of having, it might pay off in the short term as well.

Wisconsin needs to recruit nationally almost as badly as Nebraska and Notre Dame do.

Takes a while to plant that seed in certain hotbeds.

Getting in Texas and California is tough without having a former respected HS coach from that area or some sort of serious reputation with the coaches.

Most of the time it aint even about the players view of your program. It's the collective perception of your program by major HS programs in the area you are pursuing.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky... You're wrong. We don't need national recruiting half as badly as you do. Go review our starting rosters over the last three seasons.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has almost 6 million people, compared to Nebraska with just under 2 million, so that alone give UW an advantage. It also helps not having other schools in state.

That said, Andersen is doing a great job keeping the walls up so far. In reality, I think it comes down to kids n Wisconsin and elsewhere beginning to see UW as an elite, exciting program. A fresh face and style will help that.