• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

and then there was 1 Canada

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you hate oilers or edmonton in general??

Edmonton the city isn't a bad place (Calgary is much better in my opinion), but I hate all Edmonton sports teams with the Oilers at the top of the list.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is blue jacket a reference to some historic group in columbus/ohio? or just a random name?

First a question about the source of dash's distaste for the Oilers and now a question about the origins of the name Blue Jackets. Is this an ancient history forum now? :hockeysmile:

/I'm really not sure which question takes us further back.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is blue jacket a reference to some historic group in columbus/ohio? or just a random name?

A regiment in the American Civil war made up of locals from Ohio and Native Americans. Named in honor of the leader, an Indian Chief who was called "Blue Jacket" when he got his Uniform.

Either that or a giant, radioactive bee.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad Calgary is out over Edmonton, watching Calgary lose like they did makes me happy. I'd prefer Toronto to win over them. Sad for Montreal. Go Oil and especially Sens and Burr

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad Calgary is out over Edmonton, watching Calgary lose like they did makes me happy. I'd prefer Toronto to win over them. Sad for Montreal. Go Oil and especially Sens and Burr

I'm still trying to figure out how a Canucks fan can cheer for the Oilers when it's the Oilers who are essentially responsible for all the changes to the draft lottery that have screwed the Canucks the last couple of years. All I know is that if it does turn out to be a Ottawa - Edmonton final, Sens all the way for me (even with Bellows).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still trying to figure out how any canucks fan would cheer for any canadian team after 2011 ... period!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out how a Canucks fan can cheer for the Oilers when it's the Oilers who are essentially responsible for all the changes to the draft lottery that have screwed the Canucks the last couple of years. All I know is that if it does turn out to be a Ottawa - Edmonton final, Sens all the way for me (even with Bellows).

Just hate Calgary more. The fans (not you) annoy the fuck out of me more than anyone outside the leafs and Bruins. Canucks fucked themselves for everything anyway so what the oil did just exposed that for how bad we have been run. I'm so apathetic towards this team now it's not funny

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hate Calgary more. The fans (not you) annoy the fuck out of me more than anyone outside the leafs and Bruins. Canucks fucked themselves for everything anyway so what the oil did just exposed that for how bad we have been run. I'm so apathetic towards this team now it's not funny

I can appreciate the hate, we have some annoying fans just like everybody else (it's pretty bad at calgarypuck these days, some threads are downright embarrassing).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate the hate, we have some annoying fans just like everybody else (it's pretty bad at calgarypuck these days, some threads are downright embarrassing).

Side note. Do you see my profile as a duplicate of @moogers? I do it's weird And there are oiler logos everywhere on te page.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note. Do you see my profile as a duplicate of @moogers? I do it's weird And there are oiler logos everywhere on te page.

jstew is working his voodoo like only he can do.